Unnatural Campus

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TheApprentice, Feb 16, 2014.

1. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

"Thank you very much." Leon said, it didn't sound sincere in the slightest, he snatched his schedule and key away and walked off, Jeremy following behind him quickly, he'd just have to get his schedule and dorm later... As they arrived at the elevators, Jeremy and Leon got onto one, but a loud ringing sound started blaring, the weight limit had been exceeded. "Oh well, it looks like you're taking the stairs." Leon said shrugging, Jeremy gave him an incredulous look, but Leon merely waved him out of the elevator. "Hurry it up." He said, Jeremy let out a deep sigh and walked out of the elevator and went to the stairs and began to reluctantly trudge up them as Leon rode up to the second floor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I led Cheza to her room, using the key that I had taken from the receptionist, I unlocked it, then walked inside and helped her sit down on one of the bunks. "Just get some rest, okay?" I asked smiling gently, with that, I left her in her room, leaving the key and schedule on the desk for her.

I walked down the hall to my room and unlocked it and walked inside. "Hm... I'm gonna have to clean this place up." I thought as I began to unpack, storing my clothing, toiletries, and books in one of the trunks, I set my case holding my bow and quiver on my bed and left a picture of me and my mother on one of the desks. "There, all unpacked." I thought, it took me less than five minutes to do so, I didn't bring a lot with me besides the essentials and a few books for entertainment, I heard Mikkish call to me, he seemed like a nice person so far. "A-Alright! Coming!" I called back, I walked outside and turned around, locked my door, then turned to Mikkish. "Let's go." I said smiling, I walked to the elevators, hit one of the buttons, and then waited for one of the doors to open, when it did, I got inside and held the door for Mikkish.

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Hikaru delayed a bit as she went to the bathroom to wash her face. She looked herself at the mirror, a very shady face greeted her and she mumbled to herself... "Shit.... I'm looking grim..., not nice...".
    She left the bathroom and went to receive her key, number 273. Unlike the others who were filled with excitement, the girl lazily walked toward her room and after getting lost a couple of times she reached the place, slowly opened the door and found herself with Cheza the wyrm girl.

Oh... that's the weirdo that was fighting outside.... thought while quietly looking at her.
    What to do?.... wondered while strongly pressing her right arm covered by the sleeve of her clothes
    A smile drew on her face as she slowly approached the girl.

"You look down, shouldn't you be smiling, people will be talking about you all the day now... at least for a month, then all will forget about it. Why don't you approach your small chance of popularity?" said with a very suspicious tone.

Right... I have that.... thought while drawing something for her pocket, it was a colored feather very beautiful and of mid size.
    "You drop some of those, I dunno what's good about them, but some students were desperately trying to grab some... I think I'll keep mine. Hey you should totally go wild again and then sell those feathers, I bet they have some magical property...." stated showing the bright feather in front of Cheza's face and then a malicious smile was drawn on her own...
    ...."Or perhaps just some sickos masturbating with them...." said this time showing the teeths on that smile.

3. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Mikkish walked into the elevator casually. Everyone seemed to have been roomed with one other person despite there being four beds. Mikkish wondered who his roommate would be...hopefully not the blue haired super seyan with the chocolate addiction.

When the elevator came to a stop, the game room was right next to the elevator. Mikkish swung open the double doors to reveal a dimly lit area full of arcade games, ski ball tables, table tennis tables, and many couches. The area had clearly not been cleaned up in a while, as cans accompanied pizza boxes as they littered the ground, couches, and even a few of the tables. Grease stains and spilled soda had ruined the rug. Mikkish was only mildly upset. No, not because of what a mess this room was; he was used to it. His only concern was that there was no Xbox.

"Hmm, no Halo then. Ok." Mikkish said, speed dashing over to a ping pong table and smiling as he picked up a paddle "Get ready Joe. You'll be up against a ping pong master." He said with a smile.

mmarage likes this.
  4. mmarage

I walked into the game room and frowned at the state of it. "They really need to take better care of this room." I thought, I blinked a few times as Mikkish was a slight blur as he ran to one of the sides of the ping pong table. "A-Alright, no magic though, since you obviously know what you're doing, okay?" I asked, I walked to the other side and picked up a paddle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we had gone down, Leon had walked out of his elevator and walked to his assigned room and opened it, he looked at the room with distaste. "What the hell is this?" He mumbled annoyed at the trashy room, the only thing that worked for him was that it was spacious, though half of it was going to be taken by possibly three other idiots. "Well at least I can at least improve my room, and I'm sure that I can... 'convince', my roommates to get a new room or just relinquish all of their space." He thought smirking, he heard some knocking at his door and opened it.

"Oooooh Johnny, I was wondering when you'd get here!" He said, feigning friendliness, he knew he had to act a little bit nice to keep this pathetic nerd under his spell. "It's Jeremy..." He mumbled, he was exhausted, he had to go up to his room with several pounds of luggage with no help whatsoever, he went in. "Oh Johnny will you help me unpack?~" He asked, Jeremy looked at him and sighed nodding. "Okay." He said, he began helping Leon unpack everything, he brought a lot with him, game systems, games, books, enough clothing to clothe a small village, very fine bedding, pillows, and just one picture of him and his father, which surprised Jeremy, he would have thought that he would have had a lot of friends... He got up once he was done taking care of everything. "Alright, done." He said.

He picked up his bag and Leon walked him out. "You were such a big help." He said, he leaned in close to Jeremy, Jeremy's face went red as Leon got closer to his face... then Leon kissed him on his forehead and pushed him out. "Ah, that'll be the most action you'll get in your pathetic life time, see ya, loser." He said, he shoved him out and shut the door in Jeremy's face laughing.

Jeremy just stood outside of Leon's door for a minute, his face red, his left eye twitching. "...Are you f*cking kidding me!?" He shouted, he went on to use a very long string of profane words and names to describe Leon as he punched his door, eventually he walked downstairs, still fuming with anger, he went through HELL to please that guy, then all he get was a freakin' kiss on the forehead and get insulted by some spoiled rich guy, he wasted so much time and likely threw his back out just to end up with nothing, hopefully he wouldn't have to see that asshole again...

----------------------------------------------------

I looked up as I heard shouting and a lot of pounding. "I wonder what that's all about..." I mumbled, I hoped that nothing sordid was going on upstairs, but of course the alternative didn't seem that great either if someone was about to fight. I shrugged as it ended after a minute or two. "Guess it's over." I said.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  5. TheApprentice

Mikkish grinned at Joe's question. 'Really? No Magic? Come on now." He thought.

"I'll serve." He said, tossing up the ball and hitting it with his paddle. The ball shot down on Mikkish' side of the table, then bounced back up, over the net and came at Joe.

'Look behind you.' Mikkish told Joe telepathically to distract him.

mmarage likes this.
  6. mmarage

It was a good thing that he had... since a very angry guy was standing behind me, I turned around and just barely ducked down before the guy's fist... his flaming fist smashed into the back of my head, instead it hit the ping pong ball and sent it flying back at Mikkish, it was melting and it had been set aflame. "W-Whoa!" I shouted. "You son of a bitch, you think you can treat me like that?!" He shouted, when I got a better look at the guy, I realized that it had been that boy that had been lugging around a lot of luggage. "W-What are you talking about? P-Please calm down s-sir!" I said. "MY NAME'S JEREMY DAMMIT! J-E-R-E-M-Y! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL!" He shouted to the point where his voice cracked, he swung his hands down to hit me, I rolled out of the way just in time. They smashed through the table and set it ablaze.

7. TheApprentice

Mikkish wasn't expecting this, but he zipped out of the way of the ball. He actually never noticed this....Jack guy or what did he say his name was? Mikkish never paid attention to the nerdy guy helping out Leon.

"Hey man! What the fuck are you doing? Look at that! You set fire to the table. This whole place is gonna burn down if you do shit like that!" Mikkish yelled, not caring what Jason...or Jesse was mad about "Hey kick his ass, Joe. Use your light explosion." He said

mmarage likes this.
  8. mmarage

NERD RAGE!

I looked at Mikkish and then at Jeremy. "O-Okay, everyone let's just calm down and-" That was all that I could get out before Jeremy took another swing at me, I just barely got out of the way, I got to my feet. "Will you calm down already!?" I asked. "SHUDDUP AND FIGHT!" Jeremy shouted, he saw me take a step toward the door, I needed to get help, he could seriously injure us... Jeremy grabbed the ping pong table and flung it across the room and at the door, stopping us from getting out. "L-Looks like we gotta fight..." I said, I wished that I had my bow and arrow with me, I couldn't fight with my bare fists or even with any other weapon proficiently, and I couldn't control my light magic, the only thing that was on my side was that he was blinded by rage, he'd be sloppy, and he couldn't know how to control his magic very well...

Mikkish wanted to see if Joe could handle this guy on his own, but Mikkish figured Joe probably had no knowledge of fist fighting, and this....John? Seemed dangerous.'Maybe I should just take care of this myself.' Mikkish thought. This guy didn't look too tough.

In half the time it took to blink an eye, Mikkish had dashed in front of Jeremy. Mikkish had been in plenty of fights in his life, and seen plenty more. He swung his fist upward towards the nerds chin. Mikkish used his human strength as he threw this uppercut. He figured there was no point in strengthening his punch with magic.

Jeremy fell back from the sudden unexpected punch, however he wouldn't go down so easily, he got up and swung wildly at Mikkish, flames lashing out with the punch

"Woah!" Mikkish said, blocking each punch but feeling the heat of the flames. He speed dashed away from Jeremy for a moment to get away from the heat, and noticed his sleeves were catching fire. He started patting the flames out. Once he was done, he looked up at Jeremy with a scowl.

"So you want to play with fire?" He asked. Normally, when he tried to use his pyrokinesis, it only resulted in himself getting hurt or something getting burnt to a crisp, neither which he ever intended. He didn't care though. This nerd needed to learn a lesson.

Focusing on Jeremy's head, Mikkish recalled the feeling of warmth. Then, getting hotter, and hotter, to unbearable, then, to scalding.

Then the strangest, most unexpected thing happened. To Mikkish, at least. It actually worked! Jeremy's head started smoking, and then, a tiny flame lit. Mikkish grinned. "It's so hot on this island, aint it, Jimmy?" Mikkish asked Jeremy.

Jeremy cried out in anger and ran toward Mikkish, faster than most humans, it seems that Mikkish wasn't the only one that was familiar with physical buffing magic, the flames at his hands building up to the point that they reached his shoulders. "GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Jeremy shouted, it was a cry that an enraged animal would make. "Mikkish!" I shouted, I rushed in front of him without a second thought, before I knew it, Jeremy was about to strike me. "Get back!" I shouted, I held my arms out, I had no clue what I was doing, I knew that those flames could char me up completely, as his fist was coming down a bright white barrier appeared in front of me, as soon as Jeremy's fist connected with it, it repelled Jeremy, due to Jeremy being so scrawny and wasn't bracing for something like this, it sent him flying clear across the room.

Mikkish held his fists up, preparing to fight this skinny little nerd. He was unaffected by Jeremy's animalistic yell. It shocked Mikkish that this kid knew physical buff, though it shouldn't have. Mikkish was bullied when he was a kid, but learned fist fighting to deal with it. He didn't know physical buff even existed until he was 16, but had he learned it sooner, he would have used it.

Mikkish was too busy focusing on Jeremy to notice Joe was coming over to protect him. He was so surprised, he didn't hear Joe tell him to get back. Mikkish was so sure Joe was going to get burnt to a crisp by Jeremy...until Joe raised up some kind of light shield. It was so bright, it almost blinded Mikkish.

"Woah, Joe. What was that?" Mikkish asked, his eyes squinting and his hand in front of his face.

I looked at Mikkish. "N-No clue... I just knew that we were in trouble and I had this overwhelming feeling to protect you and myself... I've been making a lot of discoveries today..." I said crossing my arms, I looked over at Jeremy, he was getting up, it seemed that he was starting to run out of steam, the flames were getting weaker. "Dammit... I'll kick your asses..." He said, he had hit his head against the edge of an arcade machine, leaving a sizable dent and blood was running down his face from the resulting wound, he was pretty woozy from the blow.

"Calm down already, why do you want to kill me?" I asked, he glared at me with nothing but hatred and rage in his eyes. "You know what you did, don't act innocent! You treated me like a damn pack mule, you made me climb a flight of stairs with all of your crap! Christ how much crap can one guy take with him?! Then you throw me out of your room, that I unpacked it for you, you kiss me on the forehead, call me a loser, and say that's the only action I'll ever get! You have the audacity to act innocent in front of me!? Fuck you!" He shouted.

I just looked at him genuinely confused. "I'm sorry Jeremy, but you're definitely mistaking me for someone else, we've never met, I mean I saw you carrying a lot of bags... but they weren't mine, I only brought one suitcase and my case for my bow and quiver..." I said. "Y-You're lying!" He shouted, though he did seem a little less sure, now that he got a better look at me, I did have a different hair style than before, and I was wearing something completely different, and my clothing seemed a lot cheaper than the stuff that Leon had been wearing, and none of the outfits that he had stored away were like that... plus I actually remembered his name. "I'm telling the truth... I'd never take advantage of someone's kindness like that and then say such horrible things..." I said, Jeremy finally resigned himself to the truth, this guy that he had tried to kill, was not the asshole that he had helped, the flames died off from his hands.

The table that was flung in front of the entrance flew away from the door, as the door swung open and a man with huge framed glasses peaked in.

"What the hell is...oh my god." He said, looking over at the burning table, and the garbage everywhere. This man had never been in the game room, so he had no idea that the room was trashed when they got there.

Scowling at Joe, Mikkish and Jeremy, the man walked over to the fires with his water bottle. On each flame, he tilted the bottle over to douse the flames. When he finished, however, it looked as if the bottle was still full to the cap with water.

"You should all be expelled!" He shouted angrily "What happened?"

Mikkish had to think quick. He didn't want to be expelled. If he got kicked out of a magic skill, what else would he do? Go back to the average world and wait tables for a living?

"Admit it. You are responsible. For all of this." Jeremy heard in his head. Mikkish grinned, confident his telepathy would work.

Jeremy was going to admit it anyway. "It's my fault, sir." He said in a resigned tone of voice. "I mistook this boy for someone that had angered me and tried to kill him, they just defended themselves, I caused all of the fires." He said gesturing toward me, his head hung down in exhaustion and shame, I looked between the man and Jeremy, trembling slightly, I didn't want to get kicked out... this was the only place where I'd be accepted by others, and I wanted to learn how to control my magic, however I couldn't just stay quiet, he could get kicked out himself, and I knew what he must've felt, alienated, lonely, and even afraid of himself, he needed this place just as much as I did... "P-Please don't judge him too harshly, we've all done things in anger before, no one else got hurt, a-and he can replace the stuff he's damaged..." I said timidly, I wanted to give Jeremy a way out, I'd offer myself, however I just couldn't afford to maintain a job, pay for broken equipment, send home money to make sure that my mother would still be able to afford everything, and try to do it all while keeping up with school...

Mikkish sighed. He didn't understand why Joe cared about whether Jeremy stayed or not. The guy had just attacked them!

The teacher sighed "You come with me!" He said to Jeremy "You two, just leave this room. I will need to report this...mess. Nobody will be allowed back in until this place has been cleaned up!" He announced, turning back to Jeremy "If you're lucky, that will be your job in exchange for not getting expelled!"

The teacher walked out and Jeremy followed, leaving Mikkish and Joe standing in the middle of the room, smoke hanging in the air from the fires they had started.

Mikkish sighed again "Well, looks like we destroyed this room on our first day. I guess I will go see where my classes are. I will see you later." Mikkish said, as he walked out.

"S-See you Mikkish, I'm going to go look for the library..." I said quietly, I walked out of the room and began looking for the library.

9. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"You look down, shouldn't you be smiling, people will be talking about you all the day now... at least for a month, then all will forget about it. Why don't you approach your small chance of popularity?" said with a very suspicious tone.

Then she drew out a feather. "You drop some of those, I dunno what's good about them, but some students were desperately trying to grab some... I think I'll keep mine. Hey you should totally go wild again and then sell those feathers, I bet they have some magical property...." stated showing the bright feather in front of Cheza's face and then a malicious smile was drawn on her own...

...."Or perhaps just some sickos masturbating with them...." said this time showing the teeths on that smile.

Cheza didn't even bother looking at Hikaru, but her eyes darkened slightly. "If you want to die, go right ahead. When I 'go wild' as you put it, I usually don't stop until I've killed and eaten my opponents." She stood up on shaky legs, then stumbled into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. She had to hide -had to keep from getting angry again. She wasn't about to change anytime soon, but the results of something being built up could prove explosive.

Why... why did I follow them? It's only getting worse now... she thought, then curled up in a ball against the door and stifled the sobs that wracked her body. There was no hope. She had no home -these people didn't understand the concept of just how dangerous she was. It was only a matter of time...

Soft plinking sounds finally caused her to look up. The floor was red all around her. She shuddered uncontrollably, the sight of the bathroom changing to a dark, wet cell furnished by the corpses of the beasts she had slain.

But instead of screaming, a strange, eerie laugh bubbled up from her throat.

10. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

The girl enclosed on the bathroom and laughed, Hikaru looked at the door with a look of disappointment and mumbled to herself.
    "So you're not only a weirdo but also a boring one..."
    Then she fell on the bed looking at the ceiling.
    Yeah... everyone is either excited or scared to be on a magic campus.... But this feel so normal for me... after all I've already met the magic for a long time.... Thought.... then something happened, an excruciating pain assaulted the girl, it focused on her right arm that she inmediatly pressed the most she could.
    "Shiiit... I hate this thing!!" exclaimed while removing her upper clothes quickly revealing her arm, a pale white arm of a flawless skin yet interrupted by a strange ornament. While the forearm remained naked the arm itself was wrapped by three small black belts, or at least it should be as one of the belts was half closed, half opened. Assaulted by the pain, Sveta closed the third belt the faster she could, only after completing the task the pain faded and she breathed heavily.
    "Haaah....ha....ha.h..... damn... is all fault of that condemned box...." mumbled to no one but her.

11. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Soooo where are going?" David asked suddenly appearing beside Mikkish.
    His footsteps matching his new roomate's. The same dopey smile painted across his face as he blue hair bobbed up and down in accordance with his head.

"Are we going on a fantasy journey cause? I noticed there was a lot of like...super....super....power magicstuffhere and stuff."

Mikkish stopped in the hallway and turned around as soon as he heard David's voice. He was a dick, but not a big enough dick to be harsh to a guy with a mental handicap.

"Oh, hey..." Mikkish looked at the guy. On the boat, he had called him blue haired goku in his head. What was his real name? "Hey David. I don't know about fantasy journey. Maybe it's just like school back home." Mikkish though. How could it be just like back home, though? The rules were different. There was magic. Not just here. Everywhere.

David raised an eyebrow. "What's school back home?" Like he asked curiously.

Mikkish almost facepalmed. Was that a serious question?

"Didn't you go to school before you came here?" Mikkish asked David, his southern twang showing more than it usually did. He did want to see some interesting things himself, but he didn't want to go and get this guy killed by filling his head with ideas about adventure and supernatural creatures. While Mikkish normally didn't care about other people, he wasn't a full blown sociopath.

"What room did you get assigned to?" Mikkish asked, trying to change the subject

"This one!" David said cheerfully holding up his room card to Mikkish.

"Oh..." Mikkish let out, as in 'oh no.' Mikkish planned on bringing girls back to his room and performing immoral acts on them. Now he was roomed with this guy with a mental handicap? He imagined bringing a girl back to his dorm, and the mood getting killed by this guy.

Mikkish actually blinked his eyes a few times. He squinted, even, to be sure he was reading it correctly. The numbers on David's tag, however, remained the same as his own, no matter how he tried to distort his vision.

"Ok. Cool. We have the same room." Mikkish said, with semi-fake enthusiasm.

"I will tear out your eyes and use the sockets as a cigarette ashtray mortal!" David suddenly spoke at Mikkish in the most inhuman voice the tone even echoing off walls.

A chill ran up Mikkish' spine as he heard these words. It didn't sound like the dumbass boy had said it, the voice was different. On top of that, his lips didn't move. No, someone close by said they would use his eyes as an ashtray.

"Did you hear that, David?" Mikkish asked, not sure if he himself was going crazy or if that was some kind of magic.

"Yeah." David nodded. "That was me!" He said with a cheerful grin.

Mikkish paused for a moment, staring at David. It was obviously not David.

"David...I need you to be serious, ok?" He said, as if to a child "Did you hear someone say they would make ashtrays out of our eyes?"

"Well it wasn't me." David stated. "But it was Junior talking through me!"He exclaimed. "He is such a silly goose isn't he?"

Mikkish squinted at David. Back in the world he once thought to be 'real,' he would have shrugged this off as David talking about some imaginary friend. Now, being on an island with shape shifters and other spell flingers, it was entirely possible that this Junior guy was real.

"David." Mikkish said, still softly, as if talking to a small child "Who is Junior?"

David gripped the the handle of his blade removing it from his sheath presenting the black katana styled weapon to Mikkish. "Junior." He stated

"Oh!" Mikkish said again "You're sword's name is Junior." Mikkish said, with a friendly voice "Hi Junior."

Mikkish felt awkward talking to an inanimate object, but everything he knew about the difference between "real" and "fiction" was now being torn apart. This sword was most likely just a sword, but something had threatened him. Something close by...

"Are you sure it was Junior that said that?"

"Yeah." David assured. "He talks all the time. A lot of crazy!" He said sheathing Junior again. "But he's like a big puffy gentle lamb."

Mikkish looked at the sword, then at David. He doubted, despite all that had happened, that a sword could talk. If whoever had done it wouldn't show himself, Mikkish' only concern was going somewhere else.

"Alright, well, David, you want to come check out the school with me? So we don't get lost on our way to class tomorrow?"

"Oh boy!" David shouted. "Oh boy! oh boy! I sure would Mikdish I sure I would!" He said prancing around his new friend.

Mikkish shook his head at David's prancing.

"Alright, alright." Mikkish said, putting his hands up, trying to calm David "Come on." He said, walking off to familiarize himself with this odd place.

12. TheApprentice

As Mikkish' walked through the hallway with David, he wondered how the schedules were decided. He hadn't signed up for any specific classes himself.

"Hey David, mind if I see your schedule?" Mikkish asked curiously.

mmarage likes this.
  13. mmarage

Trip to the Library

The library was massive and two stories, but was located inside the school building. As soon as Joe walked in, he could see the checkout desk. There were book shelves to the left and right of the front desk, and to the right was a long table with computers and headphones. There were three sitting areas where people could read books quietly, but they were hidden in the crowd of book shelves. The shelves were tall, so much there was rolling ladders. There were also a couple vending machines on the first floor, for drinks and snacks. There was a spiral staircase to the second floor, which was located at the back. On the second floor would be more book shelves, and two sitting areas, but there was also a door to a presentation room. The first floor entrance library for the school was located on the second floor of the school building, and the school was on a hill, so there was a big window on the second floor of the library to give a nice view of the city and the rest of the island.

There was a good sized section of light magic books on the first floor, but there were only a few books on alchemy on the second floor, hidden in a corner. Alchemy was not allowed on campus outside of a class, and was discouraged by the teachers after a few bad instances. Good news was Joe wouldn't have to fight through crowds to get either book types. Most students were going for either physical buff magic to be strong, or dark magic to be edgy.

My eyes widened at the library. "Wow... this place is huge, I love it!~" I thought gleefully, I began to rush through the library looking at all the sections, spell books, books on the supernatural, explanations on the world's mysteries, there were even just regular books. I saw the books on light magic, I grabbed a book for beginners, then made my way to the section on healing magic and grabbed one for beginners as well. I just looked through the library and got myself familiarized with everything.

Eventually I made my way to the second floor and began walking through the shelves, making mental notes on everything... then that's when I noticed it, a small section of books, covered in cobwebs and dust. "Huh... I wonder why no one wanted these..." I mumbled, I brushed away the dust and cobwebs and pulled out one of the books and blew off the excess dust that was on it. "Alchemical Basics." I mumbled, I opened up the book and read through a few pages, everything seemed very complex... but everything just seemed to click for me. "Hm... I'm definitely getting this..." I thought smiling, I grabbed the rest of the alchemy books off of the shelves, the subject interested me, the ability to create anything from certain materials seemed very handy... maybe I could use it as a job, I'd learn a valuable skill, help people, and make money, it's perfect. "It's a shame that there are so few, I wonder why... maybe it's just because the subject's complex." I thought as I made my way back down to check the books out.

The library was not very busy. There were only a few students actually getting books. Several students sat at the tables for reading/studying, but instead of studying, they were goofing off and laughing, and of course, all the chairs at the computer table were filled up.

As for the line for checkout, it was empty. The man at the checkout desk was sorting files.

I walked up to the man and set down the books. "Hello, I don't know if I can check out books yet, but if I can, I'd like to check these out please." I said smiling, my usual nervousness was gone, replaced with excitement, also, I didn't find librarians as scary as other people... Probably because whenever I wasn't at home, or school, or work, I was always at the library, it was my sanctuary from having to deal with stress and people that had tormented me, I'd find a nice quiet place to myself and just spend the day reading.

The man gave out a sigh. He was old and frail, and had trouble whenever he had to shift positions. His eyes made contact with Joe, and gave a hard look to him. Students loved coming up here and causing trouble for the poor old man, usually before receiving brutal injuries which, although could easily be healed, were insanely painful. The old man, though he looked weak, knew, and had mastered, many forms of deadly magic. He had killed his fair share of nucklavee and dangerous criminals 12 times over, and had seen horrible things that nobody should.

"Give me your book." He said to Joe in a rough, though not angry voice.

I nodded and pushed the books across the counter so then they were in front of him. "Thank you." I said.

The old man grabbed the books. Though he appreciated the boy pushing the books to make it easier for him, he remained silent. All he did was open the book's front covers, then close them, and set them back down. Through use of magic, the books already had the return date printed on them.

"Alright." He said, squinting at Joe "What are you tryin to do, boy?" He asked accusingly. He felt Joe's calming effect, which only made him more cautious. Other students had attempted to steal from him in the past using telepathy to relax him, then make him fall asleep. Their efforts never succeeded, however, as the man quickly figured out what they were doing and...well...they never did it again.

I smiled and picked the books back up and then looked at the librarian confused. "Huh...? What do you... oh." I said, I realized he must've meant my calming aura. "I-I'm not doing anything, I don't mean to do that calming thing... I've just always done it, ever since I was a little boy, according to my mom, I'm not sure how I do it, I just kind of do." I said quietly, I bowed apologetically. "Thank you for your time sir, please have a nice day." I said.

"Hm, ok." Was all the man said, before crouching again and going back to sorting his files. To him, Joe didn't seem like most of the students on campus. If anything, Joe seemed a little too nice.

I walked out of the library holding the books against my chest, I couldn't wait to read more about alchemy. I walked into the dorms and up to my own, I balanced the books with one hand as I retrieved my key, I unlocked the door and headed inside. I heard, what must have been my roommate, playing games, I could see the cord going up to the top bunk on the opposite side of where my bed was. I slipped my key into my pocket, I didn't want to disturb him while he was doing something else, so I just went to my side of the room, took my carrying case off of the bed, went over to the desk, propped it up against it, and placed all the books besides Alchemical Basics on it. "Time to get to readin'!" I thought smiling, I went to my bed and lied down and began reading it, I wouldn't put it down until it was time to sleep.

14. TheApprentice

Mikkish shrugged and continued walking with David, getting familiar with the grounds of the school.

--------------------------------------------------

Mikkish headed back as the sun began to set in the sky. It was now 4:00pm. It was September, so it would remain light out until 6pm at least.

The entire time Mikkish and David were exploring, Mikkish was too busy looking at the girls who were walking by to pay attention to where all the classes were. Mikkish, at certain times, forgot how dumb David was, and would try talking to him about where to get pot, fights he had been in, or what girls were hot, before quickly remembering how airheaded David was. Maybe, just maybe though, David might retain some of the information Mikkish gave him.

"Alright, well peace out, David." Mikkish said, as they got back to the dorm building. He then walked off to find ladies to flirt with, or pot dealers, or something to do until he was tired.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    mmarage likes this.
  15. TheApprentice

Stoned and maybe a little drunk, Mikkish stumbled back to his room. As it turned out, marijuana use was decriminalized on the island. He bought an eighth for 15 bucks; a good price for quality dope.

He stumbled into his room and collapsed face down on his bed, passing out almost immediately.

--------------------------------------------------

Mikkish eyes flicked open, as his cell phone was blaring from the safety of his pocket. He woke up in the same clothes from the day before, not remembering the last details before he fell asleep.

"Aw shit. I am tired." He complained under his breath.

Throwing on some different clothes, he dashed off to his first class: Conjuration with Mr Carl.

Mikkish threw open the door and rushed inside. It was 7:06am.

"You're late." An angry looking middle aged man said "Is this for any specific reason?" He asked, in a most annoyed tone. He was balding, but looked strong enough to throw Mikkish to the other side of the island.

16. mmarage

I had woken up early in the morning, about five AM, I got changed into a fresh pair of jeans and a t-shirt and went outside with my bow and arrow and found a clear space with a tree, I walked about forty feet away and pulled out my bow and quiver, I slung the quiver around my back and drew an arrow and nocked it on the bow. I aimed at the tree and pulled back on the string until it was taut, I held my breath and released my hold on the string, the arrow went flying through the air and with a satisfying 'thunk', the arrow hit the middle of the tree, I smiled and repeated the action, the arrow went a little higher than before and a little to the side, I continued to do it until all twenty four of my arrows had been fired.

I went over to the tree and collected the arrows, some of them had missed the tree completely, others had hit the tree near the middle, one or two hitting the tree right where I wanted it, and the rest just peppered the tree, I carefully dug them out of the wood and earth and took out a small knife and sharpened the arrows that had been worn or warped from the impact with the tree and sharpened the ends and continued this practice until 6:30, at which point I'd put everything away and stow my bow away in my room, my roommate was already gone, I went to my first class, Conjuration with Mr. Carl and sat down at 6:45 with my alchemy book that I had read through the day, my beginner's light magic book and healing magic book which I hadn't opened yet.

I watched as Mikkish walked in at 7:06, he kind of smelled funny... I remember the scent, I'd remember some trouble makers at my school would often sneak behind school and come back smelling like that. "Oh god he smells like he was smoking pot... I hope the teacher doesn't notice... he's a good guy, if he hadn't been with me yesterday, I would have died, I'd hate for him to get in trouble." I thought, I stood up. "Um... Mr. Carl, please don't take it too hard on him, you see we were attacked yesterday by a student, I myself was very exhausted, I missed my alarm and woke up at 6:40, I rushed to get here as fast as I possibly could." I said, I hated lying, but, this was for a friend, so I would gladly make an exception.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leon had spent most of the evening playing Halo 3 on his Xbox 360, he had noticed his roommate had come in with a bunch of books, but it had obscured his face, oh well, he didn't have to see the guy to know that he'd be manipulating him into giving up all of his space to him. He fell asleep around 11:00 after trolling some kid to completely betray his team and moved on to manipulate everyone else to get the idiot kid banned, which didn't take much from his fuming teammates for the kid's apparent trolling, since Leon had the foresight to talk to him through a group so then his teammates would be none the wiser.

He woke up the next day around 6:00, he got dressed and went down to get breakfast, afterward he went to class at 6:50 and sat down near the back. He'd just slack off and manipulate his teacher into giving him straight As, or get some desperate nerd to do all of his work for him. He wasn't going to work if he didn't need to, he only wanted to learn what he wanted to learn, the rest could just go to hell for all he cared.

Leon watched as some guy came walking into class at 7:06, he was easy on the eyes. "Hm... definitely someone to consider chatting up... even if it's not for company..." He thought, he had a feeling that this guy wasn't like all of the rest with their talk about morality and what's right and what's wrong, or just pretended to act bad ass to fit in. To him, it was about what was fun, would get you more, and what would allow you to live compared to what was boring, would hold you back, and get you killed.

17. TheApprentice

Mikkish was apathetic to Mr. Carls irritated look. He had pissed off his share of teachers in the past. In fact, there was a hint of a smirk at the corner of his lips.

"Golly jee. Sorry Mr Carls." He said mockingly.

Mr Carl stood with his moody face at Joe, then back to Mikkish. Then, his mouth too, curved to a smirk.

"I didn't even have you for a second, did I?" He asked, in a happier voice "Good to have a student with a sense of humor. Sit down wherever you want." Mr Carl walked back over to his desk, but turned to Joe "Oh, and nice story. You would make an excellent novelist." He said, amused

Still drowsy, and slightly hung over, Mikkish didn't look around the class to where he wanted to sit. He just sat down in a random desk, then noticed Leon sitting right next to him.

"Oh, hey Joe. What's up?" He asked, realizing something was different about him "Did you do something with your hair?"

"Alright, good morning everyone. I am Mr Carl. I understand you are all new, and this is most likely your first class pertaining to anything magic related. We will have plenty of fun in this class, but I would like you all to keep in mind this is still a class and there will be a little work involved. And by a little, I mean a lot."

Mr Carl continued his talking about the class, handing out the syllabus, among other papers, and went into explanation about what conjuration was.

18. mmarage

"It's true... just look at the rec room." I mumbled quietly as I sat back down. Though I was relieved that Mr. Carl was friendly and had a sense of humor... I listened to him intently and went through the syllabus and the papers as they were handed out.

Leon looked over at Mikkish. "Sorry to pop your bubble, but my name's Leon." He said smirking. "Dunno who this Joe bastard is, but I assure you, I'm better in every way, so just forget him." He said, chuckling. "Leon Lawrence Levant, just call me Leon." He said, he was tempted to try to mess with Mikkish's head, however he thought better of it, it might be best to learn more about him before he decided to just turn him into another notch on his belt.

19. TheApprentice

"Oh." Mikkish said, not even looking around to see if the actual Joe was in the room. His head was throbbing with pain. No need to do any more work than necessary.

The rest of the days classes went on similarly.

Elemental
    "Good morning class. I am Mrs Young. If anyone would like to hand out a few papers."

Healing
    "Good morning class. I am Mr Homer. If anyone would like to volunteer to hand out a few papers."

Physical Buff
    "Hello class. I am Mr Terrace. Would anybody mind handing out a few papers?"

Break

Mikkish made his way to the lunch cafeteria, happy those classes were over. For magic classes, they sure were pretty fucking boring. They were classes, of course they would be boring at first, but his head was killing him the whole time.

By this point, though, his headache was gone. Happily, he walked over to the buffet style food court, got some fried chicken and mashed potatoes, and took a seat, waiting to see if anyone from the boat was gonna join him.

20. mmarage

I had offered to hand out the papers at each class, wanting to make a good impression on all of my teachers. I paid attention to everything that was said and took diligent notes and did any assignments that were given to me as I received them, either completing them in class or finishing them during free portions of time during class.

When break came, I walked to the cafeteria and looked at the food and my mouth watered a little. "This all looks so good!" I thought, I grabbed some watermelon, grapes, a banana, and then some chicken strips and fries with a bit of honey mustard, then went over to Mikkish smiling. "Hey Mikkish." I said, I sat across from him smiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leon had slacked off throughout his classes, mainly just planting ideas in people's heads to do things like suddenly slam their heads into the desk out of boredom and/or frustration, or just get up and walk out of class, sometimes it would work, other times it wouldn't, he wasn't that great with his telekenetic powers just yet, if he could talk to them as well as use his magic, then he definitely would have been able to make them do whatever he wanted...

He went into the cafeteria and grabbed some grilled chicken and mashed potatoes and corn, then took a seat next to Mikkish. "Hey bud." He said, I looked up from my food and looked at the newcomer... he looked back at me and then a look of surprise crossed our faces. "You look exactly like me!" We said in unison.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  21. TheApprentice

Mikkish chuckled "Yeah, I was confused when I met your evil twin, Joe." He joked, shoveling down the rest of his food.

Back in Georgia, Mikkish moved a lot to different neighborhoods. Thanks to this, he developed a love for seeing new places, cities especially. He always thought that if he could get money for college, he would want to go to New York, but this island was way better. He wanted to get out, see the sites.

"Hey guys, you know, our break is an hour long. Why don't we take a look around the city?" He asked, hoping they would agree.

22. mmarage

"Er... sure." We said in unison, only half listening to the situation, the situation was very odd for them. I mean when are you going to just say 'Hey I'm gonna meet my doppelganger today!' We realized what we had agreed to and quickly finished our food and threw away the trash and leftover food.... well in Leon's case anyway, I ate everything that I had taken, even when I had gotten full, I forced myself to eat everything, I hated wasting food. "Let's go." Leon said grinning, he was hoping to talk to Mikkish alone, get to know him better, however he felt with this guy, it would be harder to learn what he was really like, oh well, he could probably ditch the loser somewhere in the city.

23. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"So we are like going on a road trip?” David asked curiously blinking several times before turning to the rest of the group.

“Will one of you hold my hand?” He asked. “I always have to hold my mommy’s hand when cross the street and stuff.” He snorted sucking up any snot in his head nose.

The blue haired boy gave a wide grin as he suddenly latched on to Leon's hand. "Okay! I am ready!"

24. mmarage

Leon glared at David as he grabbed his hand. "Let go of me ya retard" He said annoyed, he yanked his hand from David's and wiped it off on his pants, lord knows where that hand has been. "Great, now it's two idiots that I have to ditch." He thought, it would have been easy with one, he could easily make an excuse for one, but one that's a complete idiot that apparently can't be left unattended?! That was going to make this all so much harder than it had to be... the only saving grace was that the idiot was probably easily susceptible to telekinetic suggestions, his mental barrier was probably as fragile as glass... glass that's been broken and been horribly reassembled by a two year old with tape and glue.

I sighed quietly as David told us that he couldn't be left unattended and had to have someone to hold his hand, I doubted that Mikkish wanted to do it, and the other guy that looked a lot like me was pretty mean... I grabbed David's hand. "C'mon big guy, let's go." I said smiling, I didn't want to do it either due to boundary issues, but I didn't want David to be stuck here while we all went off to have fun in the city, Leon mentally pumped his fist. "Yes, I can get rid of them both easily!" He thought.

25. TheApprentice

Mikkish grinned at what David said. He honestly didn't know what was up with David. If the guy was really mentally handicapped, how did he get here? And why did someone trust him with that sword of his? Was it possible that the sword was possessed by some demon which was strangely looking out for the guy? Nah, this wasn't an anime cartoon.

Mikkish chuckled. "Maybe your friend from yesterday, Junior, will hold your hand too." He laughed. Honestly, he wasn't trying to make fun of a mentally handicapped kid, he just liked to make jokes off of any material he could find.

"Alright, let's get out of here." Mikkish said, leaving his tray on the table. There was janitors who would throw his trash away. Plus, he had a city to explore.

About 30 minutes later, the group had made their way further than one might expect. Mikkish had no concerns over the time. It was his first day, so he figured the teachers would cut him some slack no doubt.

As they walked past an alleyway, Mikkish noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Something that gave him a sick feeling deep down. Though he told himself to keep walking, he couldn't bring himself to do it. He forced himself to walk backwards, and look down the alleyway.

"Holy shit..." Mikkish said, in response to a horrific sight.

At the end of the alleyway, was a corpse, pinned to the wall in a cross shape. Mikkish didn't believe what he saw was what he thought it was, so he walked in closer. It was a corpse, no doubt. A young guy too, about the same age group as Mikkish. His eyes were gouged out, but still hung by the nerves out of the sockets. Blood stained the walls to the left, right, and behind the man, but the floor looked neater. Looking down, Mikkish saw words, written in blood:
    "If your eyes cause you to sin, pluck them out."

"Shit." Mikkish said under his breath. This was creepy as shit, but Mikkish was not most creeped by the murder. Most people would puke at the site of this boys corpse, but Mikkish didn't feel sick. He felt....as if he had seen corpses before, enough to get used to the sight of them. "Hey guys!"