Unnatural Campus

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TheApprentice, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Arvak

Arvak Member

"your friend was kidnapped?" Mareck asked raising an eyebrow "um...sure i'd be willing to help, what'd you need"

I sighed softly in relief. "Thank you so much. Well, I have this avenue covered, I'm a really speedy reader. I'm going to be going through all of the student records, the kidnapper appeared to be our age, so he should be enrolled. What I need you to do, is go to Kountry Roasted Roots and search for ask around for the kidnapper... If Mikkish chose it, I'm afraid that he'll decide to fill his own stomach first before fulfilling his task. The person in question is blond, around 100 pounds, he's around our age, I'd say late teens to his early twenties, he was seen wheeling Hikaru out of the hospital and transported Hikaru in one of four vehicles, two cars, a white van, or a semi truck."

Mareck nodded as he listened to Joe's description of the kidnapper and vehicles, though he did have one question "What's Kountry Roasted Roots?" well...two questions "and where is it?"

"Um... it's a fast food place... I think it's supposed to be like KFC." I shrugged, and then gave him directions. "Do please hurry, if Mikkish is there, no doubt he's either slacking, or he's caused a horrible tragedy that have resulted in many lost lives."

"right got it" Mareck said and turned to head off down the road "Kayik, why don't you watch him for now" Kayik meowed and teleported onto Joe's shoulder as Mareck walked away down the street.

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

New Boss

“So…..” Hugo said dryly to Morgan. “Donny has a twin.” The two had their eyes on the two strikingly similar men; the same exact build, same handsome features and the same magic which they were currently practicing together.

In fact power was only difference.

Bobby was taking his brother apart managing to manipulate more water and change its properties into other elements for more potent attacks.

"I've never heard Donny mention it." He swallowed. "Guy sure is scary though."

"What are you scared of? Bobby is just more efficient." Morgan said, eyeing Bobby "Nicer abs too." She whispered to herself, despite Bobby and Donny looking exactly the same. Hugo shrugged. "I um just ya know? I think its a little strange is all....." He said. "He doesn't really act like a twin....does that make sense?" He bit his lower lip.

"Just seems kinda surreal is all."

Morgan shrugged "How do twins act? I think it must be pretty annoying. A sibling that looks exactly like you. You don't really get your own identity. People act like you must be the same in every way."

Hugo sighed. "So what? You don't think they should conform?" He bit his lip nervously. "I find that somewhat ironic"

"Why?" Morgan asked, confused, somewhat annoyed by Hugo's comment "Just because two people look the same doesn't mean they are the same person. If I had a twin, I would do my best to stand out as different. Make my own identity as more than just her twin."

"Well you certainly do a stand up job of standing out from Ace's mindless drones." He chuckled to himself.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean? At least I'm not the errand boy." Morgan snapped, surprisingly Hugo ignored her. The lackey gave her a smug little smirk. "Where is Ace by the way?"

"He's at home, working on a project. Hewouldn't disclose details. Probably justsomething to help our cause."

"I should probably go pay him a visit." Hugo yawned. His demeanor hadsuddenly changed, his once paranoid face relaxing and his back going straight. "You're welcomed to tag along,if you want to?"

Annoyance hit Morgan at Hugo's response, but something else accompanied it. Shock. Something had suddenly, in a second, changed about Hugo.
    No. He was just faking bravado. He was trying to change his status by taking on a different personality.

"No. Don't bother Ace. Get back to what you were doing." Morgan said with irritation.

He turned his back towards her and started walking the opposite direction. "Either stay here and watch the two cliched dumb jocks bet the tar out of each other or come on down to Ace's, trust me on this. I think its time to make things a little more interesting."

"Hugo!" Morgan snapped, before storming off after him, wanting to stop him, but also slightly curious about what he was doing.

---

Despite Morgan’s loud protests both of them found themselves in front of Ace’s mansion. Hugo hadn’t responded once to her ranting. Nor did he flinch in cowardice. Morgan watched as he confidently strode up to the door and prepared to knock but paused for just a moment and turned to her.

"I believe you have a key to here." He said. "Correct?"

Morgan scowled at Hugo "I do. But im not just gonna go in if he doesn't answer, or if hes not home. I don't know what you expect to find anyway."

"Nothing." He said. "I'm just hoping to find Ace is all, important matters to discuss. Ya know how it is?"

Morgan's attitude didn't change "Well what do you think im gonna do, just give you the key? If theres any important things he wants to tell us, he will tell us. We're not just gonna walk in."

"You will let me in." Hugo said calmly that same smirk returning

Morgan paused in annoyance. She stood there a minute, not knowing what to do. This idiot, Hugo, didn't seem to relent.
    So Morgan, breathing a deep, irritated sigh, unlocked the door, threw it open, and walked inside slowly, then turned around to look at Hugo. It was his idea to come here, he should take point.

"This only further proves my point thatyou're a conformist." He quickly pointed out

"Pfft. Whatever. Are you coming or not?" Morgan asked

"Morgan." Hugo sighed. "Can't you get your mind off of semen for at least five minutes so we can have a normal conversation." He ran a hand through his hair. "A whore should at least have some class about herself."

He followed along inside admiring the building. "Now where is that cretin?"

"What?!" She snapped "Don't talk to me like that! No wonder you can't get laid, creep."

"I just did talk to you like that and you didn't do a thing about it, why is that?" He smiled. "I've managed to force you into your boyfriend's home, insulted you and so you haven't done anything." Hugo shrugged. "You could of kicked my ass or even killed me several times over by now."

"I don't mean to point this out but you clearly have no mind of your own when it comes to speaking with authority." He started at her. "Allow me to demonstrate." Before Morgan could react, a nice canonball of spit flew from Hugo's mouth on to her forehead.

"See?" He said. "Now you'll just stand there and not react." But the young man's attention was now taken off his saliva covered companion as before either noticed, there stood Ace directly between them. Hugo had to admit, the bastard did have a flare for entering unannounced.

Ace's eyes narrowed at Hugo but softened on Morgan. "What the hell is going on?" He asked softly.

"Hugo just busted into your house. I tried to stop him." Morgan shuddered in reaction to the spit on her "Ugh! Ace can I use your bathroom? Hugo fucking spat on me too!" She complained.

"No need for that." Hugo said. "I believe you should probably hear this as well." Ace's glare hardened on Hugo and before the once nervous man could react, Hugo was off his feet and Ace's hand was tightly gripped around his throat.

"You come into my domain." Ace's voice carried through the house. "Command my lover, make a fool of her and spit on her, I thought we were friends Hugo?" He snorted. "I suggest you make yourself scarce."

"Before I angry."

Hugo flashed a smile at both Ace and Morgan. "Ooooooh cliched tough guy lines." He coughed. "Been watching a lot of eighties movies to get that act down?"

"What do you mean?" Ace said calmly letting his grip tighter.

"I know a secret." Hugo's grin went wider. "Your secret." He sang.

Morgan watched as the blood drained from Ace's face and before she could ask what the hell Hugo was babbling about the man was launched across the room and into the wall on the opposite end. Hugo's body hit with a loud thud, driving the wind from it and sending him crumpling to the ground.

"Morgan...." Ace growled. "What did he tell you?"

Morgan was scared at first of Ace's anger, but smiled when he threw Hugo across the room.

"He said some shit about me being a conformist and he was curious what you were up to. I tried to get him to not come here but he just kept walking this way and calling me a slut." Morgan pouted "Are you gonna finish kicking his ass or can I?"

"That won't be happening or at least you can." Hugo grumbled pulling himself up and limping back over. "I don't mind getting an ass kicking but it won't change that unless my demands are met, I'm prepared to expose this little charade."

"Do you honestly think I, Morgan and the others are going to be pushed around by a scumbag like you?" Ace sighed. "I can do a number of things to stop you right now, you know that? Even Morgan could simply tear our veins out."

"You could." He admitted. "But that wouldn't stop my employee from releasing the information."

"What!?"

"Simple blackmail really." Hugo sighed. "I'd of thought you smarter then to assume I'd come without a failsafe but my requests are mostly simple, I'll just be needing to use this home of yours and its office space."

"And I'll be needing the help of you as well." He said looking at Morgan.

Morgan cringed at Hugo and his request

"Im not going anywhere with you!" Sheshouted"Ace, whats going on? How bad can this secret be?"

"Bad enough that you two are going tolisten." Hugo said. "Isn't that right?" Ace showed a disgusted scowl. "For now, I'mafraid I don't have much of a choice what do you want Hugo.....or whoever the hell you are?"

"Its Dante for now actually." He yawned. "And first order of business is I'd like you and Morgan to make an exit from here. You're both free to attempt to counter me of course but since I'm in control for now, please do leave."

"This is my......fucking home!" Ace boomed.

"Such foul language from Ace!" Dante's mouth dropped open. "I'm sure Joe would be happy allow you to live with him temporarily." He gave a happy smile. "You know the way to the door." Ace bit his lip and turned silently, nodding for Morgan to fellow.

Morgan stood in shock, but then began leaving, but not before whispering "Seriously?" At Ace.

"Fuck you." Morgan said to Dante before walking out the door "Just...fuck you."

Dante blinked several times. "Yeesh why is everybody always so sensitive?"

---

Heathcliff made the noises of a drinking animal as he licked the cheap KRR gravy from his soaked moustahce, the bullet mage had been ignoring the happenings around. He'd been starving ever since he spent the better part of the day around these people.

"You something?" He said reaching for a napkin. "I honestly think that if they did a fast food joint with Kounty Roasted Root gravy, Mcdolans french fries and Burger President's Burgers they'd probably make a lot more cash."

"So what's the plan now?" Heathcliff asked. "Also I want the same jobs that Eric guy is gonna be doing if we are going to be hanging out. That fag shot me in my hand." He rubbed his stache. "Ain't no way he's outdoing me here."

3. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

"Relax, dude" Mikkish said, as he finished half of his food "We will totally outdo everyone else. I'm a badass, Joe is just a little bitch, and you...well you got the mustache. First though, before we do anything else, I got an idea." Mikkish picked up his tray and walked over to the food counter.

"May I take your order?" The cashier asked a greasy balding guy, who already seemed irate along with his wife.

Suddenly, the cashier was taken by surprise as a tray landed on the counter next to him and slid to the edge.

"That's not what I ordered." Mikkish said "I ordered the number 6. What? You thought since the 6 and the 5 buck basket look the same I wouldn't mind?"

"You will have to get back in line, sir." The cashier said

"No! You gave me the wrong order. Fix it. Now. A number six. Extra gravy. And you better nto ask me to pay for it."

Minutes later, Mikkish returned to the table with another tray of food.

"*Snicker* It pretty much always works." Mikkish said, eating a chicken tender "So where were we?"

4. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

The campus, apart from the construction workers where the dorms were, was largely abandon. Nobody to monitor the halls. It was a perfect time to sneak into the Deans office up on the third floor.

I looked at Kayik and then gently picked him up and set him down. "You stay here, okay? I'll be back in a little bit, don't go with strangers." With that, I ran past the gates quickly and into the school... I wouldn't stop running until I reached the top... I had to find those records as soon as possible...! I knew that I could get in trouble, or go to jail for trespassing, maybe even assault if someone got in my way... but I can't waste any time, any that I spend wasting on trying to get permission or sneak around would be more time that Hikaru could be in danger. I found myself at the stairwell and began to run up it, taking two steps at a time. My heartbeat was pounding in my ears.

Joe reached the top in almost no time at all, and the door to the Dean's office sit before him, shut, leaving whatever was inside of it a mystery.

I tried the doorknob, but, unfortunately, the door was locked. I put my hands together. "Do please forgive me, I promise to pay for a new door and accept any punishment after the fact, but time is of the essence!" I brought my hand back, a ball of light energy forming in it, and then pushed it right into the doorknob... causing a large hole in the door where the knob had been, the knob flying off and landing on the ground, red hot from the energy it had endured, the door swung open and I walked into the room and proceeded to begin searching through the filing cabinets and drawers for the student records.

A deep sigh came from somewhere in the room "I hoped nobody would try and take this opportunity to sneak into my office, but shit happens, right?" It was the voice of a middle aged gentleman. The voice came from an audio recorder on the Dean's desk. It activated as soon as Joe opened one of the filing cabinets.

"Sorry to say, but what you're doing is illegal and...well dire consequences are necessary I suppose."

And with that, the recorder shut off and a suit of armor in the corner of the room turned its head to Joe, and took a step in his direction. It approached menacingly, and winding up a swing of it's halberd.

I looked at the suit of armor and jumped back out of the range of the halberd and looked around the office for some kind of weapon to defend myself... if this thing has a magical ward on it, then I'll be doomed...

The knight took another swing, this time horizontal. It missed Joe, and almost hit the Dean's desk, but despite its momentum, the halberd froze mere inches away from the desk, and returned to the knight's two handed grip. It stomped toward Joe again, though despite its violence towards Joe, it seemed cautious so as not to break anything or knock anything over.

"Hm..." Noticing that, I had an idea... I made a small needle of light energy, nothing that would cause too much harm if I were to hit something worthless... but, if the enchantment in the suit of armor was to prevent any damage to anything within the office... perhaps I could destroy it like that. I sent the needle of light towards the trash can right beside the suit of armor.

The trash bin burst open and trash spilled to the floor. At the same time, the knight stumbled back, pieces of metal bursting from its shoulder, as if he himself was hit by Joe's needle. The knight immediately went back to chasing Joe, more hurriedly though than before.

"H-Huh... I-I thought I had gotten my magic a bit more under control..." I sighed softly, but at least now I knew how to beat him... his body was literally linked with everything in theroom, I didn't need to destroy anything, or anything that's very valuable, just enough to make it immobile or no longer able to hit me. I ran around the office and knocked down picture frames... the important things were the pictures, the frames could always be replaced...

With each photo that got knocked over, a dent appeared in the suit of armor. None of them were very significant, however. The chase continued.
    The knight sent a thrust forward, attempting to stab Joe with the spear tip of the halberd.

"A trash can takes out a chunk of his shoulder, but multiple picture frames just dent him? Does not make any sense!" I ducked down beneath it and sent a blast of light energy at the halberd, hoping that I could at least remove the deadly pointy object from the equation.

The magical blast hit the tip of the halberd and surged all through the knight like a lightning blast. But this didn't hurt the knight. The armor, in fact started running, and swinging the ax more rapidly.
    It lost its caution, though. In it's attack, a vase fell over, causing one of the arms holding the halberd to shatter and fall to the ground, taking the halberd with it. The knight then resorted to rapidly throwing punches to Joe's head with the arm still attached.

"Oh geez... that was probably really expensive...!" I struggled to dodge the punches and resorted to bringing up barriers to block the punches, I looked around for something, anything, to break to break off the other arm, or at least a leg...

The knight continued it's assault, throwing punches wildly, but regaining its caution to avoid breaking anything in the room.
    In Joe's search, he would see a couple swords hanging on the wall, relatively low. Low enough for Joe to reach. There was also a fireplace, and on the side, a turning rack holding a fire poker. There was also a shelf of books that Joe could...throw, I guess.

I rushed over to the fireplace quickly and grabbed hold of the fire poker. It was useful and cheap in the event that I broke it. I rushed forward quickly and slammed the fire poker into the suit of armor's already damaged shoulder with as much force as I could muster.

Joe's thrust with the fire poker had no effect. The knight, with a swat of his hand, knocked the poker out of Joe's grasp. The poker went flying, and hit the computer sitting on the dean's desk, which slid to the edge, seeming to stop at that, but then slowly rolled over and fell to the ground.

Ironically, the knight's other shoulder shattered, sending the other arm to the ground. Part of one leg shattered too, putting the knight on it's knees. A deep, exhausted sigh rose from the suit of armor

"Please."

"H-Huh? I-It talked?!" I jumped back shocked. "U-Uh... a-are you okay?!" I covered my mouth. I would feel terrible if I had caused so much suffering to something that might not have even wanted to do something like this...

"Please....spare me." The head looked up at Joe, and despite that it could make no expression, somehow, sorrow and regret could be sensed "What did you think? I was just an automation?" The voice was deep, inhuman, but sympathizable "What did you come for? To vandalize? To rob? Now is the time, I suppose..."

"Y-Yes, I thought you were just an enchanted set of armor set to protect this office, I'm so sorry!" I bowed. "I-I came here to read through the student records, one of my friends, she was kidnapped, and I believe that the kidnapper was actually a student to try and identify him. I-I was going to leave a note explaining everything, that I'd accept any punishment and pay for the door... well... in this case, everything else that I broke." I was shaking at this point, I felt completely terrible. "I-I'm so sorry...!"

"A woman? Kidnapped? So you're a noble one, I see. Not like the bastard who trapped me..." There was a hint of resentment in the voice "The records were stored on the computer, but there is a hard drive in the center desk drawer, laying on top of the stacks of paper. It should have the information you seek."

"I-I see, thank you." I walked over to the desk and pulled out the hard drive and grabbed a piece of paper from the top of the pile and a pen and compiled a short explanation of who I was and what I had done and why, and went on to explain that I would pay for the damages and accept any and all punishments for my actions. I then walked back over to the armor. "What did you mean that you were trapped here by the principal?"

"You are a mage, and you don't know?" The knight said "When you conjure something, it is loyal to you, for a time. It is possible, if you summon something or someone ethereal, that you can attach them to an object of this world. Thats what happened to me." The knight looked down again "Go. You must save your woman." It ordered.

I frowned at the explanation. "...I see... that's... just plain cruel to force someone into doing your bidding... I promise, once I'm finished, I'll try and find a way to free you."

"I would appreciate it, though I hope thats even possible. In return, if someone tries to make you pay for this, I'll bite their legs off." Said the knight, taking into account his present situation.

I nodded and bowed. "Thank you." I ran out of the office and quickly down the stairwell, and then out of the school. I just needed to get somewhere to install this hard drive... But, first things first, it was time to get to Kountry Roasted Roots. I skidded to a halt in front of the gates and patted my leg while looking at the cat. "Time to go Kayik!" With that, I began running toward Kountry Roasted Roots.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  5. Arvak

Arvak Member

Kayik stayed where Joe placed him long enough for Joe to run into the school, once he did Kayik teleported up to the wndowsill and looked through several windows until he found where Joe was. He was fighting with an armored figure when the cat found him Joe seemed to have the fight in hand but Kayik remained outside the window and watched until it seemed Joe found what he was looking for and ran out. Kayik teleported back down to the gate before Joe got there and followed after him when he took off running.

*meanwhile*

Mareck finally found this Kountry Roasted Roots or whatever after a bit of walking around. he looked over the outside of the place once before stepping inside and looking around to see if Mikkish was here somewhere. and he was, Mareck spotted Mikkish and some guy with a mustache who's name he doesn't know or has forgotten at one of the table. Mareck gathered that Joe was on his way to KRR from what he could see through Kayik so he stepped back outside the restaurant and leaned on a wall, waiting.

6. mmarage

I walked into Kountry Roasted Roots and looked around... I was hoping that I wouldn't find Mikkish here and that he'd have already have gotten the information that we needed. My hopes were dashed the second I spotted him stuffing his face with the establishment's food. I walked past Mareck, not even acknowledging his existence, and behind Mikkish, glaring witheringly at him. "You're completely worthless." My voice was completely cold, a far cry from my usual tone. "You don't care about anything, not even the lives of your friends. I bet you haven't even asked about the kidnapper here. Why did I bother even believing you'd do anything that isn't selfish? Foolish, completely foolish. Just sit here and keep gorging yourself, that's all you're good for." I shook my head and then directed my glare at the assassin before turning and walking to the counter, not allowing Mikkish to get a word in edgewise.

I put my hands on the counter as an employee came up to the counter, I took a deep breath and calmed myself, it wouldn't help if I took my anger out on this employee, plus, he didn't deserve it. "Excuse me, I need to ask about a person that may work here, it's very important, a life could be at stake. He's blond, around a hundred pounds, about my age, maybe a little older, possibly a delivery guy and a student at the academy, might have taken one of your vans recently and is taking longer than usual to get back."

7. Nia

Nia Active Member

So far the day has been strange. Not sure where to go or what to do I gave a loud sigh. There was some commotion about a bank for some reason.....definitely avoiding there. I didn't feel like being put to work at all so I was just walking around when I suddenly felt hungry. "...Damn. Welp time to eat.....Preferably something cheap." I mutter glancing in the small bag with only a few bucks. I ask someone off the street who recommended some odd place named Kountry Roasted Roots......Good Enough.

I make my way to the restaurant walking inside just in time to see Joe downtalking to Mikkish. "....Oh god what has he done again? Please tell me it has nothing to do with demons, death and or destruction."

8. TheApprentice

"Hey man, hold up." Mikkish said, walking up to Joe "First off, dude" he started, raising his finger authoritatively "I haven't eaten ANYTHING today before coming here. I was going to ask about the creepy van guy as soon as I finished my food. Heath bar can back me up on that."

"No, we don't have a guy like that. But we recently got rid of a delivery guy, didn't match that description, but I know we also sold one of the cars also. Yeah, we had a bad year, so we're trying to cut costs. I don't know the name of the company that bought it, but I know it was taken to a warehouse at the end of the road." The cashier said.

"Hey, don't interrupt me, man. Thats rude, you're being rude to a customer. I better get a free sundae now." Mikkish said, pointing to where the deserts were on the menu.

"We can't just give away free stuff everytime a customer gets mad, but I can give this coupon for 50% off the purchase of a sundae."

"Are you kidding me, dude? Thats it, I'm leaving. I will go somewhere with better customer service. Maybe Come on, Heath bar."

And Mikkish stormed out...then immediately made his way down the road to this warehouse. He didn't bother telling anyone. Last thing he wanted was to hear more of Joe's bitching, and he figured himself and Heathcliff should be enough.

9. mmarage

I waited for the Cashier to reply before talking to Rue and at this point, everything out of Mikkish's mouth was merely noise. "I see, thank you." I bowed politely and then turned to Rue and saw Mareck in the back and began walked over to the entrance of the restaurant. "There isn't a moment to waste, Hikaru's been kidnapped and Mikkish is worthless, I have a hard drive of all of the student records on me, if this warehouse is a bust, we need to examine its contents ASAP, the kidnapper may be a student."

With that, I ran out of Kountry Roasted Roots and ran down the street toward the warehouse. "Hikaru... please be there... please be okay... we'll surely come and save you! Just please, hang on!"

10. Arvak

Arvak Member

Mareck had Kayik stop before following Joe into the restaurant and wait outside with him. he waited for them outside and after a moment Mikkish bolted out the door and off down the road, followed shortly by Joe. He looked down at Kayik sitting next to his feet and shrugged, and then the two of them set off after after Joe.

11. Nia

Nia Active Member

"What the hell? Someone kidnapped her? Shit...alright. " I say with a worried expression. Lunch could wait but I wasn't going to let someone I had just been friends with go missing. I would run out the door following behind Joe to keep up. "And no duh on the Mikkish part." I mutter under my breath.

12. TheApprentice

"Yeah..." Said the boney old man, through his yellow, rotting teeth as he walked up to Hikaru's wheelchair and stroked her leg.
    The warehouse she now found herself in was just like you might see on tv: big, dark, and crawling with bugs. This warehouse had a few unique features, however. There was quite a bit of rust built up on the corrugated walls, and beams of light shown down from small holes in the ceiling. Even for a warehouse, the place looked like shit.

"Hands off her." Said a curly blonde haired, athletic boy, who seemed very young. Maybe 18. Maybe even younger. "Andrew is gonna get rid of us all if we touch any of the merchandise."

This young man, like every other man in the warehouse, looked dressed to rob a bank, and armed for the job. Everyone was carrying a weapon you might expect a terrorist group in a movie to be packing. AK-47, UZIs, 12 gauge shotguns. Weapons that could probably make swiss cheese out of Mikkish, Joe, and the company following them. And don't forget these men were also likely armed with some magic.

What a waste.........
    A waste.....
    A waste.....

Hikaru herself only barely understood the meaning of such words. She looked into the emptiness that her field of vision allowed.

I wanna turn my head and look those.... waste of people... thought.

Come to begin with... Why am I here?
    I should be in that white room with those white people saying strange things about me.
    Ocasionally being visited by Joe or Rue...

She quiet her thoughts for a couple of seconds and then realized.

Joe and Rue... these are her friends right? She knew there should be more... but the very fact that a few hours ago she didn't knew who were these people and now she did was astounding.

She understood that.
    What Hikaru was, was returning to her little by little.

If only I could just get outta this place..
    This hella place
    Those waste of people
    Those waste of breath

"Ya know..." Said the boney kid said, whispering pervishly in her ear "You're a pretty girl. Once boss is done with you, I am sure gonna have fun..."

But before anyone could tell him to keep his hands off the "merchandise" (the merchandise being Hikaru) a loud gunshot noise rang through the warehouse as one of the men in the warehouse briefly saw the ground in front of him turn cherry pie red, before collapsing and the world going black. The boney kid who wheeled Hikaru in dashed off somewhere in the warehouse. More shots rang out and the small windows in the warehouse shattered as sniper round bolted in and slaughtered more of the men, who began diving behind crates.

After about two minutes of silence, then, some guys crouches and tried sneaking towards one of the entrances of the warehouse. It was a large garage entrance, and the direction in which they thought the rounds were coming from.

As they approached, however, the trailer of a large semi truck busted through, running over three of them and knocking the other two back. The door on the back then opened, revealing a single, unarmed man.

Immediately, two of the kidnappers opened fire on the unarmed man, but the bullets seemed to all be missing, and swerving away from him and off to the sides. They continued firing, however, until their clips ran dry.

"So...where is she?" Asked the middle aged man. He didn't look like any kind of criminal, or even poor. He actually seemed like the type you would trust to coach your children in elementary school football.

"Ah." He said, thrilled when he spotted the girl sitting in here wheelchair. He walked over and began carting her off.

One of the kidnappers glowed red briefly, as if charging up some spell, but stopped as someone popped out of the semi truck, dashed over in a flash, and stomped the kidnappers skull into a red paste. The other kidnapper lay there shocked, unsure what to do as the man from the semi glanced at him briefly, then nodded to his physical buffed ally. The younger guy from the semi truck then began kicking and stomping on the kidnapper, breaking his ribs, crushing his face, and most importantly, breaking his legs. Then he ran off to the truck, and the truck sped off, with Hikaru.

The boney kid then, suddenly crept out to see that the coast was clear. The only other living man, the one who had just been beatedn within an inch of life grabbed his ankle.

"Help..." He struggled to say. But the boney guy, in a panic, kicked him in the face to get him to let go, and ran out of the warehouse and off to who knows where.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mage students came to a closed entrance to the warehouse. From the outside, it looked like your stereotypical abandon warehouse. Windows busted out and everything.

Mikkish wasted no time, and as he came up to the entrance, busted it down to reveal...

Corpses, gunshot holes in the cement floor in some places, blood spattered everywhere.

And no Hikaru,

At the opposite end, it looked like a car had crashed right through, and a gaping hole stood where an entrance must have been anyway.

A faint moaning of agony could be heard somewhere in the warehouse. But it was a male voice.

13. DaManofwar

DaManofwar New Member

Otso
    Night is strange, though Otso. He always had found the night a strange place. One couldn't see anything if one was an ordinary human being. Humans were the apex predator, and yet, had trouble seeing in the dark. Humanity needed technology to see in the dark. Dogs and cats could see fine, but they weren't apex predators. Evolution is indeed strange.

Otso heard the splash of water on the underside of the boat he had commandeered. It was something he rather enjoyed. He wouldn't mind going swimming. He could just make some nasal bone gills, but he always had trouble seeing underwater. Besides, he wanted some fresh air.

The island was getting closer. He stayed calm. But his mind was awash. He had a few questions he wanted answered.

Is this the place? How strong are it's inhabitants? Have they reached their full potential? These were the questions he was asking, but he didn't want anyone to answer them. He could find the answers fine. But one was very important to him.

Otso lowered his eyelids. He breathed in deeply. Will I reached my full potential? Will I be stronger?

He felt the boat hit the shore. He lifted his eyelids open. Can I get stronger? He jumped off the boat, hallowing his bones. It was time to get some answers.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015