1. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Hey this is the group writing thread. So if you've been joined on the other thread

Discussion in 'Word games' started by MaggieStone, Aug 13, 2011.

Hey
    I'm Maggie.
    Intro scene for you character, they are about to go to the Nexus meeting with Lord Quasi.
    First character is Mr Mr to post his section.

2. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

3. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Nexus

Sorry if its not brilliant, had to rewrite from memory

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Prologue
    Since the dawn of time earth has be used as a cross roads for beings from other worlds. They would visit and cause havoc. Non-magical beings would percieve this as natural disasters, bad luck or nightmares. Humanity was powerless to fight back.So Nexus was created.

So when a demon comes to earth to kill, we stop it. When a good spirit is lost, we help it. And when something goes bump in the night...

We bump back!

Chapter 1
    Josh checked his watch, late again. He couldn't help it. He just didn't have that sense of urgency required to be on time. Slowly alibies formed in his head.

Silently the doors to the gallery slid open. Josh went straight into the lift and keyed in a code. The lift started its ascension.

To any non-magical being looking at the gallery from the outside they would have seen it leave the first floor and disappear. To any magical being looking at the gallery they would have seen the lift leave the first floor and pass into an invisible second floor.

As the lift doors opened Josh was greeted by the white walls of the Nexus reception. He walked straight past the receptionist, she knew him well enough to not bother asking for id. He strode down the long corridors, every wall covered with paintings of strange landscapes or creatures. At some point the there had been an order to the paintings, that had ended some time after the 2000th one.

Voices drifted towards him as he neared the mission prep room.

"A few days ago an artifact called the Ravens Eye was stolen from our vault. The demon who took it then fled into a world known as Aquanyne. It's almost 90% water with frozen poles and a rare few islands. The demon in question is headed to the northern pole, home to a demon lord called Yidril. We believe he intends to sell the Ravens Eye to him. We're unsure what the ravens eye does but whatever it does isn't good in demon hands." Josh tried to creep in quietly as he could; it didn't work. The speaker turned.

"Ahh Mr Richards. How nice of you to join us, whats your excuse this time?" Josh didn't bother making something up.

"Don't have one."

"Nevermind, but do try and be on time. Believe it or not the survival of the world is important." Josh slid into his seat as the speaker continued.

"Our portal comes out several miles down so breathing equipment will be given to those who need it. This is a water mission so Olusia you're leading. You have ten minutes before you need to be in the armory to suit up and go. You'll be in Aquanyne for a few days so there's a boat waiting for you." The lights clicked back on. Josh recognised the speaker, Seargent Garf. A regular mission controller and ex navy seargent, no surprise why he had been picked.

Josh turned to see who would be accompanieing him. In the chair nearest to him sat Kimber a half faery half vampire. He'd worked with her before, she had seemed nice enough. Behind her were two girls and a boy he didn't recognise.

The boy was the definition of athlete, tall and muscular. Josh wondered what breed he was. Behind him were two beautiful girls. One was a gentle beauty; the other a haunting beauty.

He would have asked their names but he needed to drop his books off. In his room he dumped his stuff down and headed for the armory. This involved taking another lift through the third, human, floor and into the fourth floor.

Gathered in the armory he found the others standing next to a picture of an underwater ocean. Facing them was a tall man in a top hat, face covered by a clock mask. The lord of the half way. Too Josh's knowledge the only person who could open portals to the other worlds, via the paintings. If Nexus was the door, he was the key.

"Ready" His voice drifted out. The group nodded. Kimber, the boy and one of the girls wearing suits for underwater exploration. The other girl didn't have one, Josh assumed she must be part or fully nymph. He didn't need a suit either as he had no need to breath.

"Once through swim for the surface and watch out for beasties" The clock chuckled." He started stretching the painting until it took both arms to hold. It started glowing and pulsating.

"GO!" He yelled.

They dived into the painting.

4. AveryWhite

AveryWhite Active Member

Aida Adora had arrived and the sprawling city lay bare before her – a mesh of concrete, metal and stone. There was no hiding its immenseness, or her arrival at its borders.
    It was as if the cities piercing eyes were looking down on her and she knew she didn’t belong.

No humans actually paid any attention to her however, they were to busy in there own hectic lives to even notice her slow, vigilant walk through the criss-crossed city streets, to her destination.

Where were the trees? The earth? The life? This strange place seemed dead and alien to her, and she felt herself shudder at the thought of being swallowed up in its great mouth of un-earthliness.

She knew the way, even though she had never been to the city before. She was intelligent, being of elvish decent after all, and the elven council had provided her with enough information and directions to guide her to the right place.
    She was glad she had such a strong healthy memory.

As she rounded a bend at the base of a large office tower, its top soaring above her and casting her in shadow; she saw a small child. She stopped at the corner and watched it for a while. Its small human face cried with delight and smiled widely up at the balloon in her hand.

Aida smiled with her, she couldn’t help herself. She supposed this was her human self seeping through, for elves rarely felt feelings or emotions, unless it was of worth or reason for them to do so.

She watched the child a few moments longer. Such a little thing to cause the child such happiness – she liked it and suddenly she felt the urge to feel it too.

She walked forward towards the little girl and upon reaching her, crouched down to her level so that their eyes met. The little girl turned to look at her and then down at the hand Aida had outstretched before her.

Her eyes widened and she gasped, for within the palm of Aida’s hand a rose bud suddenly burst and blossomed, opening out its large petals before them as a pungent scent filled the air.

She smiled, forgetting the balloon in her hand and looked up at Aida.

“How did you do that?” she asked inquisitively, without fear of her strange abilities.

Aida smiled back, kindly, indulging in the wonderful lightness she felt. She enjoyed this emotion - joy. She had felt it many times before but never with a human.

But all too soon the moment was over, as the child’s mother - on seeing this strange looking person she did not know, next to her daughter - pulled her away with a tug, and walked briskly down the street as fast as she could; giving one last disturbed look back at Aida.

Aida rose and watched the child being pulled away by her mother, ever so often looking back at her as if she were disappointed she could not see more wonders erupt from her hand.
    The rose now disappeared back into Aida’s palm, slowly melting through the skin membrane there as she pressed her hand into a fist to hide it; before re-opening her palm again.

She understood the mother’s actions - she had been wary if even a little frightened by Aida, and the proximity to her child. Aida was half human yet the natural forms of elves were human by nature; but they were also different slightly and some humans were able to pick up on this, even if they did not understand it.

She turned around in the direction she had been heading and as she continued on her path she began to think about her beloved companion – Marlo.

He was her most beloved friend and treasure, and he was a white panther. She smiled as she thought of him and a warm glow spread from her chest. She wondered when he might be coming, for they were almost never separated and she missed him a great deal.

They had lived together for so long - since they were little. They had grown up together from cub to cat, elva to elf. He had been given to her as a present from her grandmother when she was born, but sadly she was now dead.

White panthers from the elf realms were very rare and lived just as long as the elves. He would be here soon she was sure, and he would join her in her assignments.

Up ahead she saw the large compound for the agent organisation ‘Nexus’ shift into sight and she steadily approached, a serene picture of calm; ready for her assignment with so called other half-breeds.

Strangely however, she had the sudden feeling that very soon she would be cold and terribly wet.

5. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

hey its Maggie. right atm I'm half living in a place with no internet. my piece goes up tomoz. yay excited, finally. not sure who is next also if you jeering contact could you pretty please contact every and she will message me. also so so doth that I'm being slow but internet will soon be here.

6. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

ps will also read sections tomoz when I'm not using a stupid phone

7. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Hey -
    I haven't had a chance to read the others before writing this soif it doesn't fit, it can be changed to fit. But here it is -
    I looked into the marble-esk eyes of my Korat cat, Pan. They had a glassy shine to them, and they were still in a way no humans were ever. He purred merrily as if he didn't notice my face being mere four inches away from his. I reared back to a respectful distance, his fur shone silver with an inky blue outline, his orange eyes blinked out as he shuttered his eyes slowly. He was the last living memory my parents had left, apart from me that was. Kimber Bell, 19 year old million heiress, agent of Nexus Industries - orphan. Everyone knew who I was; I was the girl whose parents died in a mysterious accident leaving their considerable amount of assets to at the time only child of five. Only it wasn’t an accident, they were murdered. Like me my parents were agents of Nexus, the organisation that sends evil back to hell one at a time. Only this evil got away leaving my parents dead. Though to the world; my parents Isabella and James Bell were just rich people.
    I had no other family, just a nanny named aptly Miss Butler. A grumpy meower erupted from the lounging Pan on my bed.

"Thanks Pan, you’re the best alarm a girl could ask for" I chirped while kissing the top of his silky head. I glanced around my room to the gold ornate mirror that was just above my dresser. My auburn hair hung in half curls with a small black sequined headband that pushed back the mass of hair to the exception of my short feathered side fringe. I inspected my porcelain skin closely but apart from the small tinges of pink blush that I had sprinkled there was nothing wrong with my skin. In my inspection my normally large eyes twinkled with shiny excitement, I had blue eyes that were just like my dad's but unlike my dad's I had a swirl of violet in them. Long brown eyelashes normally framed my eyes but today they were layered with black mascara that gave them the definition they needed. My cupid-bow lips were puckered with a red gloss. My inspection moved further down my body, I wore a navy blue sleeveless that puffed out at my waist with a light blue long sleeved shirt underneath paired with opaque tights. The shoes were slightly less formal, my lovely warm UGG boots; my argument was that I needed comfort rather than business-like pain heels. Over- all I looked like a pixie china doll, Miss Butler used to call me her fairy princess when I was younger. I didn't really know who I was. I had sharp, defined but delicate features and doll like style but that was me - Kimber Bell. My inspection last all of five minutes giving me only forty-five minutes to get to Nexus's offices, to meet the people I would be working with. I sauntered down the curling staircase that engulfed the lobby of my town house, a lady never rushed for anyone or so Miss Butler told me. It would only take thirty minutes to get the main office of Nexus industries, leaving me only fifteen minutes for preparation time. Miss Butler shuffled me into my navy blue inspector like coat and handed me a small black cashmere scarf. I shivered when she opened the oak door; it was a bright crisp morning.

The cab driver jumped out of his black nondescript car, and popped open the back door for me. I handed a flask of coffee that Miss Butler had made for him. Mr. Hidari had been my cab driver for most of my school years and stayed even after I had finished school thus making me quite fond of him, even as much as Miss Butler who was like a mother to me. He had dark coffee coloured skin, with short black hair that was dusted with silver hairs at the side making him look quite distinguished. He had warm brown eyes and a smile for everyone, especially Miss Butler. He was larger than my five ft but that was exactly hard. I slid into the opened door which was shut promptly behind me dispelling the whispers of cold air. As he returned to his seat, his warm brown eyes caught my blues in the mirror.
    "It is a big day today isn't it miss?" the Indian accent blended with his perfect sounding English, it was weird how he fit the two cultures perfectly together. Sometimes I thought the world could learn from him.

"Yes it is one step closer to working in Nexus.... just like my parents did" I looked out of the window, a view of ten mph dragged past the pulling off car's window. I'm not sure if Mr. Hidari had stopped talking or not but my mind had tottered on to Lord Quasi. The memory played in HD clarity, and fuzzed the rest of the world out like white noise.
    "Now Miss Bell, are you sure you want to do this? The risks are quite high" his voice boomed around my parlor room, while I sipped at the sweet tea Miss Butler had left.
    "I know the risks" I replied icily. His eyes widened in response, green. Sickly green his eyes reminded me of a pair of white grapes. His platinum curly hair smothered his head; to anyone else he would look like a friendly grandfather not the president of Nexus industries.
    "Of course you do, I apologise. Isabella and James were some of my best. Now if I remember Isabella was a vampire and James a faerie" He queried politely. Faerie being the correct name for his species; rather than faerie.
    "Yes making me a half vampire and half faerie, I'm not sure want the correct name is but that sums it up" I replied while he nodded scribbling down notes into his worn diary.
    "Yes yes that was it. Can you tell me some of your powers, abilities if you will?" I held back the grumble that was itching to come out, this old goat knew exactly who I was, what I was and what I could do. Even if he did know which he did because I had written in the application forms he was letting anything slip behind that good natured smile he kept giving me.
    "Well, I'm good at tracking; I know every herb, flower and tree bark that can be made into medicinal healing poultices. I can also entice things to me and bend my will upon them but if I've drank their blood; I can pretty much control their minds rather than just hinting to them what they should do. Plus I'm quite fast, almost like flying" he nodded enthusiastically as if he was impressed.
    "I see, so you want this?" I thought about my parents, how they died. Felt them reassuring me and nodded my hair bouncing with me in time.
    "Well welcome to the team Miss Bell. You will receive your induction information soon, a day perhaps" He stood from my plush mint green arm chair and offered a leathery hand. I shook the proffered hand as I rose off my matching two piece, and for the first time I smile at him. I don't mean the type that you offer as a professional courtesy to your boss as an employee but the type that lit up like a like, showing the pearly white teeth I had.

The memory faded and the world rushed in, and like that I was back in Mr. Hidari's warm car with one worried Mr. Hidari looking at me and behind him was the Nexus main office as his backdrop. This was it - the first step to carrying on what my parents had started so many years ago. The nausea nibbled at my throat and my nerves tingled. Lord Quasi had said it my parents were some of the best agents out there and even they had died no were killed. Another worrying thought sped to overtake the first worrying thought. What if I wasn't good enough? I hic-cupped a nervous breath and glance down to my watch, twenty minutes left - traffic had been light. I could see the shiny white doors from the car window. They looked menacing; I'm not sure why they did as they looked like any other door in the city. I hopped out of the car and tip-toed through the doors barely touching them as I pulled them open as if somehow they'd bite my hands off if I held them there too long. Just inside was a small old lady, perched behind her just-so desk. I glanced at the shiny name plaque it read Mrs. Hollowby. As I looked up I met piercing blue eyes that were narrowed in hawk-like attention.
    "Miss Bell, I presume" Her shrill voice rang out across the silence that sat lazily in the office.
    "Yes" I answered, unsure of what else to say and surprised that she knew me by face.
    "You may go upstairs and wait outside, as you are early" though the last words were glazed with approval. I thanked her as I turned to walk up the wooden staircase. At the top of the staircase I saw four matching black armchairs; I chose to sit at the end next to the spiky green plant. I'm sure if I paid more attention to it I could have given its name as I didn't it was forever thus named spiky green plant. Just ahead of my seat hung a clock that ticked by- tick, tick, tock. Just ten more minutes until I would meet the others, my team. I stared ahead clearing my mind of all thought.

8. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Hey guys, I just started my new job like 2 days ago, everything's manic. I will be writing my bit, so don't skip me! But it may take a few more days yeh? Sorry!

PS. Maggie, could you please edit your post into paragraphs? Sorry it's just a bit hard to read right now (combined with me being exhausted, it becomes impossible lol) Cheers!

9. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

All edited now

10. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Olusia

If one more person calls me beautiful today, I'm going to punch their face in.

A pang of guilt hit me immediately after the thought. Those random old people at the cafe were just being nice. And why on earth shouldn't they? I sighed and curled a lock of blue hair around my fingers and studied it. Of course my hair was perfectly ordinary - I mean, it's been that way ever since I could remember. Why so many people make such a fuss over it is-

"Why, hello there."

I looked up to see a middle-aged man grinning his yellow teeth at me.

"Did anyone ever tell you that you're just gorgeous?"

The next person who called me beautiful... My blood boiled. Well, he said 'gorgeous', but 'beautiful', so perhaps I should let it slide.

"You wanna go somewhere nice?" The man took a bold step forward.

Ok, now he's asking for it. I glanced around at the relatively empty street. Just a few quiet shops stood on either side, and the last of the sun shining through, framing everything in a glorious orange. Why couldn't I have just enjoyed the view, without this nuisance?

Well, at least there would be no witnesses.

I took a step forward and slipped my hand around his waist. "I'd love to," I whispered, pressing my breasts into him. "But I didn't catch your name."

"Aren't you an eager one!" the man chuckled, and squeezed my bum. "My name's Phil."

"Phil," I breathed as I traced his jaw with my hand. "I hope this hurts."

And I rammed my knee into his bone-hard throbbing crotch.

He fell with a silent wretch, too painful and pathetic to even scream. I spat at him, and went on my way.

Looks like I'm gonna be late to my Nexus meeting. Well, it'd be for everyone's benefit anyway that I had a chance to let out some steam. I smirked to myself at the trick I'd played on the man, who was no doubt now grovelling on the pavement. I really must thank my mother some time, who was a master at seduction. I mean, what else did you think all that beauty was for?

I thought briefly about my father. Sometimes I wondered if mother couldn't have left him alive just long enough for me to meet him, but being a nymph (and therefore rather soulless), I didn't think that had even occurred to her. She was too busy using him and then, well, enjoying watching him drown.

Only an angel would've been fool enough to trust a nymph. Anyone else would've had too much sense. I do have my father to thank for my occasional naivety.

Oh sod it. Where the hell was the Nexus office again?

11. Vamp_fan22

Vamp_fan22 New Member

Caius stood in front of the gilded mirror on his wall, still not satisfied with what he saw, he had dark circles under his green eyes and his dark jeans were too loose on him. He tugged on his John Lennon t shirt. The silver jade ring glittered on his left hand as he did so. He glanced down at the ring and cringed at the sight of his battered hand. His knuckles were bruised and sore and there was a hole in his wall that told the story of what happened the day before. “Stupid Caleb,” he thought irritably, thinking of his friend who he had fought with the day before. It was Caleb’s fault his hand was hurt. He had insulted him. True, he had broken Caleb’s nose but Caleb had called him a hypocrite.

He wrapped his grey scarf around his neck and glanced over at the clock . 5 am. He was early. One thing he strongly believed was that lateness was never to be tolerated.
    Pulling on his black leather jacket and grabbing the keys to his Porche from his dresser he made his way outside to his car and began the drive to Nexus. He drove for a while, humming the melody of some sappy alternative rock song that played on the radio. On the way there he almost hit two pedestrians as he went on, leaving him to consider the choice he was making.

People didn’t like him, they didn’t respect him like they should and he didn’t like people all that much, so why was he agreeing to help save their lives? The large white building came into view and he parked his car in front of it. Climbing out of his car and locking the doors he made his way into the building. Walking into the office he greeted the receptionist coldly giving her his signature ‘I’m not impressed ’ look. “Your early, Mr. Caldwell, you may wait up stairs.” He nodded his thanks to her and pulled of his scarf and stuffed it in his pocket. Then he slowly made his way upstairs.

12. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Chapter 2 or something
    They hit the painting feeling waitless for a few moments as they moved between the worlds and then the water was pressing in on all sides, dragging them down. Quickly they started kicking for the surface. Josh had to work extra hard, without breath in his lungs he had no natural buoyancy. More and more light reached them as they approached the surface.

Heads breaking the surface they looked around treading water. There was no land for miles around save for a pin prick of an island far in the distance. A few metres away a boat floated. Josh had been expecting a yacht or a motorboat but this was a full blown galleon. Its sails towered high above them as it sailed towards them.

"Ahoy, young ones" Came down a voice from aboard followed by a ladder. They climbed up eager to get dry and warm. The owner of the voice appeared to be a winged man.

"Greetings I'm captain Douglas u'can call me captain or doug." He smiled before clapping his hands loudly.

"Somebody get them some towels and a fire they must be freezing." A large man made of stone walked over carrying a pile of fluffy towels.

"A golem." Josh heard Aida mutter. Looking around the ship, it seemed to be crewed by them. He wondered why, golems were creatures of rock and earth, why would you use them in an environment consisting almost entirely of water? Doug seemed to spot they're puzzled expressions and answered.

"Wondering why we use golems ay? Its because they don't tire, can't drown and are tougher than nails. Now head below deck and get some dry clothes."

The two moons hung above illuminating the boat as they ate over a small fire sat on a slab of rock. The sea was calm not a wave in sight. Occaisonaly something resembling a whale would break the water to breathe breaking the silence.

"So whats the plan?" Caius asked. Doug put his food down before spreading a map out in fron of them. I was mostly blue with a few green splotches and two white areas at either end. He pointed towards the white area bottom of the map.

"This is where we are, the south pole. Who ever positioned the portal was way off." His hand moved towards white area at the top of the map. "Now we have to sail all the way to the northern pole."

"How longs that going to take?"

"Depends on what we encounter on the way there. We'll only need to make one stop for fresh water and its a week till that island so I'm not to sure." Doug mused.

"This is going to be a long mission." Aida sighed. Food eaten everyone headed below to sleep.

Kimber sat up, around her she could hear the ship creaking as it rocked and swayed. Grabbing a blanket she tiptoed quietly past her sleeping teammates and headed above deck. Around the ship the golems stood stationary in some form of sleep. She headed up to the front of the boat to look out over the sea expecting to be alone. To her surprise she found Josh standing at the front.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked turning around. She nodded.

"Whats your excuse?"

"I don't sleep."

"Why not?"

"No need." She stood next to him and they gazed out over the water.

"Aren't you cold?" She asked realising Josh was wearing nothing but trousers and a t-shirt.

"I can't feel cold." He replied. Kimber was about to ask why but he spoke first.

"So what are you exactly? Race wise I mean. And why are you with nexus?"

"I'm bored, I fancied a little danger." She replied. Josh was surprised - it almost sounded like she though Nexus was a game - he sat there puzzled until her girl-trill bubbled out through the night air.

"Joking- much more clichéd than that. My parents died- I wanted to follow in their footsteps. Obviously save the world while I'm doing it" Joshs eyebrow raised in question and she followed on."I had a thing for Buffy."

"So what race are you?"

"Faeire and vampire. What are you and why can't you feel the cold?"

"I'm supposed to be part angel part vampire. I'm more akin to a zombie though."

"Whys that?"

"I don't age or heal and I can't feel unless I use magic to increase my sense of touch." He said bitterly.

"So how old are you?"

"17. But I've been 17 for a very long time."

"When were you born?"

"1909. I joined nexus in 1995. And yet I'm no different from your average 17 year old."

"And your reason for joining is?"

"It was join or be imprisoned." Josh watched the shocked look on her face.

"What did you do?" She asked wide mouthed.

"Another time mabye." He said walking away. Kimber stood for a moment thinking over what she had just heard, then headed back to bed.

They work early the next morning, the golems already hurrying about the ship. Over breakfast Doug explained their hurry.

"One of our look outs reported spotting a strom elemental on course to hit us in a few days. The storm elementals not the problem though, it what ever it draws up from the deep. We should be ok but just incase be prepared for a fight." At this he left them and went off. With nothing to do they spent the rest of the da sharpening blades and resting. As the days passed the elemental drew nearer. With the approach of the elemental the weather worsened. The wind howled as rain and lighting roared back. The storm passed as quickly as it had come, clearing in a few hours.

Huddled below deck they wondered what the damge was. On deck the mast had been snapped in two, bits of lighting hit golem littering the ship being swept up by those remaining. They help clean up and repair what they could. Doug said they wouldn't be able to fix the mast until the stopped on an island which meant there progress would be slowed. They were also vunerable to anything the storm had attracted.

The first attack came two days after the stom. The kraken appeared mid afternoon, looming up out of the water it grabbed the ship.

"Get rid of the tentacles!" Doug screamed as he flapped around avoiding a particularly tenacious tentacle. He twirled in the air slicing it in two as another one reared up out of the water. Up in the mast Josh hacked at a large one wrapped around the crows nest, he would slice it in half only for another to take its place. Below deck Aida dealt with one that had broken through the hull. Controling the wood she closed the hole cutting off the then of the tentacle. At the front of the boat Kimber and Caius hacked and slashed through a mass trying to wrap round the front of the boat.

"Wheres Olusia?" Aida shouted climbing up from below deck.

"She disapeared a few minutes ago." Doug replied landing next to her. He looked like he was about to say something else but stopped as the boat shook. All around them the tentacles were retracting back into the water. With aloud crash Josh landed next to them, dropped from a now retreating tentacle.

"What happened?" He asked popping his shoulder back into its socket. Behind them someone grunted, they turned to see Olusia climbing onto the deck.

"I sliced its head open, it seems to have done the trick." She said panting.

"So thats what a creature from the deep looks like." Aida mused. Doug shook his head glumly.

"Oh no kraken are relatively shallow water creatures, they hang aroun the surface." It wasn't a pleasant thought, if that was from shallow water what could the deep hold?

The corpse was still visible the next day, a trail of blood left in the water. Thats when it came.

They were on deck, trying to do what they could to fix the remaining mast when it roared out of the water. A giant serpent like head, drew up out of the water, swallowing the kraken whole and sending collosal waves towards the ship. As its head hung in the sky they watched the beady eye turn slowly towards them. Then it sunk back down into the depths.

"A Leviathan." Doug said wide mouthed. As soon as it was gone he started bellowing orders to what few golems stood standing after the kraken.

"Hoist the sail! Hard to port side! We need to reach the island and soon. We're coated in Kraken blood and that thing has a taste for kraken!"

"Can't we just fight it off again?" Caius asked.

"That thing swallowed a creature bigger than our boat whole, there won't be a fight just us getting eaten." He bellowed back. "Now get to work."

They moved like lighting letting the sail down to get as much wind into them as possible. Doug dissapeared whilst they were working, returning later with a large lidded vase. He explained it held a wind elemental that he intended to release into the sail. A splash in the distance caused them to look round. A large fin poked out the water gliding its way towards them. Doug hurridly smashed opened the vase, with a rush the wind leapt into the sails hurling them backwards as the ship sped forwards.

Slowly an island drew into sight on the horrizon; slowly the fin drew closer. The wind started fading and the fin was covering the distance rapidly.

"We can't outrun it." Aida said.

"Then we fight." Caius said drawing a sword. Doug put his hand on the hilt forcing it back into the sheath.

"No you'd be massacred. I want you all into one of the small boats, your going to head for the island while I distract the ugly behind us." He wouldn't let them argue or stop him. So, reluctantly, they sat in the life boat and rowed away from the ship. It didn't take long for the Leviathan to reach the ship. A short distance away the fin dissapeared as it dived. They watched as it came hurtling out of the water, the ship dissapearing in the blink of an eye.

"He's gone." Aida whimpered. Olusia patted her back.

"We're not in the clear yet." Kimber said pointing. A tsunami sized wave was heading their way. Caius and Josh started rowing franticly as if they could out run it. It reached them sweeping the tiny boat high into the air.

"Josh, take Kimber I'll take Aida and Caius. When we go under give her air and look after her. We'll re group at the island, if we survive that is." Josh nodded using a small length of rope to link arms with Kimber. Olusia did the same with the other two. He knew she'd be fine, she was a water nymph after all water would make her stronger.

They reached the peak of the wave...and were thrown into the air. Olusia, Aida and Caius was thrown far away, Olusia angling their descent into the water. Josh and Kimber were dropped falling straight down. Josh lost sight of the others as they hit the water the impact knocking Kimber unconcious. They sank down before hitting the edge of the island. Josh looked back thankful he hadn't fallen straight down into the abyss. He grabbed Kimber and started trudging towards dry land, pausing everyso often to breath his stored air into her mouth.

He reached the surface and headed to the shade of the trees laying Kimber down underneath before sitting.

Now to find the others.

13. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Hey sorry I've tried writing in 3rd person - I'm not very good at it but wanted to practise! :)
    Old Nightmares and New friends

"Honey, make sure baby pan doesn't get out of the room" Violet eyes dawned with pleasure at the remembrance of her new birthday present. Her dimpled cheeks blew with pleasure - the way only five year old children can do, though her happiness morphed into confusion the next instance.
    "Where's panny mummy?" her high pitch coming out all honey and angelic. The women smiled lovingly at her daughter.
    "I think he's run into the kitchen"
    "Okay mummy" Her strawberry-blonde curls danced into a hyped excitement while she skipped out of the room - singing sweetly her new kittens name. For a moment the women stared after her daughter, with love dusted on her features and releasing a contented sigh. Small silver wisps feathered her dark auburn hair and shined in the low lit living room. Said loving features were fine and delicate and especially doll-like. The hearty fire illuminated the deepest of blue eyes, nimble arms snaked around her slim figure. The arms belonged to that of James Bell - husband and the master of the house. James was a handsome with a lean figure and sinewy muscles nestled in his frame. Like his wife Isabel his eyes shone blue, lighter - cobalt. Dark hair smothered his noble features, and a warm smile played.
    "Where is Kimber, darling?" his voice crooned.
    "She's getting Pan, he escaped into the kitchen" They exchanged amused glances, sharing in the fun that parents have in the expense of their children. A wicked smiled played on James lips, a clever look painted in his gem-like eyes.
    "I suppose we could put a bell, it would be helpful" he chuckled a deep laugh. A choked giggle was the first reply from his wife, a playful slap the second.
    "James you can't put a bell on your daughter" exclaimed she.
    "Why?" she shook her head with a slight smile apparently not bothering to reply. A small bump echoed interupted their word-play for the evening. Isabel's ears twitched and raised her head slightly while pulling back the mass of her hair.
    "What is it Is?" James looked into the jumpy movements of her eyes, her ears twitched momentarily while she raised a sharp finger signalling for silence.
    "Nothing" she finally answered, though weariness still lived in her eyes, he stared a minute longer until her feature relaxed again. He planted a small kiss on her head and threw himself into his claimed chair.

The cloaked figure gazed neutrally into the well lit town-house. He'd watched the Bell couple for hours, how different they seemed here to him! It was almost easy to forget they were trained Nexus agents when they looked so happy and loving towards their family. Though to his nest. less love and affection was shown more violence and efficiency. Bemusement clung to the figure's horrific features as he wondered why killing a few people had angered so many people. The darkness became him, clothed him- his glowing red eyes was all that gave him away. His feet guided him into the house, and into the opulent room.

A crack flowed into the room and once again Isabel's ear's pricked up like a cat detecting a mouse. Though this time it wasn't nothing it was a creeper. A mutation of vampire, his eyes glowed with hate and he clambered into the room alarmingly fast.

The next morning the world of news spewed the story of the horrific murder of the Bell's - the richest people in the city. Suspects were few and the whole city voiced their sympathy to the five year old Kimber Bell the Bell's surviving daughter who had sat with them until she and her kitten were found covered in blood by their Maid.

I awoke with a start, the remaining chills warred with the heat of the island, for a few minutes the world was on mute- only my quickened breath remained. I gasped and struggled as I tried to push the nightmares away - I wasn't joking when I said I didn't sleep. Slowly the regular humming of waves and the buzz of insect life returned. Gently lulling me into calmness, sun bathed my feet that weren't covered under the shadow of the parasol-esk tree. Sand scratched my bruised skin and salt dusted my eyelashes and I had a bad feeling I'd washing sand out of my hair for weeks to come. I sat up slowly which turned out to be the fastest I could move at the moment - only to find I was alone on the deserted island. Nothing much had changed there then! I had obviously been placed out of harms way and hoped to god that everyone was okay!

14. turquoisia

turquoisia New Member

Alexandra Zero eyed her prey carefully.

The human had a mop of short brown hair. His eyes, to Alexandra's surprise, were blood red. He had a well-built body, lean and muscled enough to show he had physical training. Alexandra smiled. She liked challenges.

Alexandra tailed the human, watching his every move. The human seemed worried, his red eyes darted around and he smelled of concern and fear. Alexandra frowned. Had the human sensed her?

Regardless, Alexandra perched herself comfortably on top of a tree under which the human stood. The human did not move. Alexandra waited. The human seemed also aware of the ominous silence and stood in a defensive pose but was unaware that he was in danger from above. Alexandra pounced.

She jumped down from the tree branch and landed on the human, wrapping an arm around the human's neck and tightened the chokehold. The human gagged for a moment before kicking Alexandra in the stomach from behind him. Winded, Alexandra's grip on the human's neck loosened and the human seized the opportunity to free himself and spun around to face her, his pose defensive, his expression fierce. Alexandra grinned. This human seemed to be more of an entertainment that she thought he would be. She, too, regained a defensive pose and watched the man carefully.

Neither moved. Silence surrounded them. Strange, the human didn't seem to be wheezing or otherwise affected after being choked. Alexandra shooed her distracting thoughts away. She needed to get rid of the spy.

She took a step towards her right. Almost instantly, he took a step towards her left.

She feinted left and struck out with her right foot, aiming for his left shoulder, but the man sidestepped and spun, pulling a roundhouse kick which flew just past her face, as Alexandra dodged back. He was good. She liked that. He was definitely different and much better than the previous spies that Enemy Chief Fyn sent.

They rotated again, eyeing each other's movements. This time, the man made the first move. He leapt forward with inhuman speed, catching Alexandra off guard, and punched her abdomen with strength that knocked her off her feet and sent her flying several metres back. Alexandra winced, holding her stomach, as she rose and spat silvery blue blood that splattered the forest ground.

"You're not human, are you?" She hated how she had underestimated her opponent.

"No, I'm not human." A small smile touched his lips.

Alexandra shouldn't have been surprised that Chief Fyn would send a much more advanced spy than the previous peabrains that he had sent. Perhaps the Chief Fyn wasn't as empty-headed as she thought. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Alexandra focused on the matter at hand: Annihilating the spy.

"Why are you here?" Acting innocent might weasel some information from the man.

"I need help. My, ah, friends are lost and I am looking for someone who knows this island well to help find them." Alexandra raised her eyebrows. He had said that back-up story with the best poker face she had ever seen.

"Ah. I see." She stared at him, scrutinising his face for any tell-tale signs of lies and nervousness. "Nice story, boy, but I don't think that'll work with me."

Alexandra attacked. Now that she knew he wasn't human, she didn't need to hold back. Her speed matched his, as they switched between defensive and offensive, dealing blows and blocking attacks. Both didn't tire easily; after five minutes of sparring, neither was panting or sweating. They paused for a brief moment.

"What do you mean? I am telling you the truth." The man was incredibly good at deception; his eyes did not twitch as was the common sign of lies, and he did not fidget or shift his weight when he spoke. They sprung at each other again.

Alexandra nearly laughed. This man was good. "Ha. Do you really expect me to believe that?"

They continued to fight, with neither on the upper hand. "What makes you think I'm not telling the truth?"

Alexandra pushed against the man as she blocked his attack. "You are a spy. Every word you speak I'll not believe." She spat.

The man's eyebrows shot up. "I am not a spy."

This time Alexandra did laugh. It was a cold, mocking laugh. "Indeed."

"How can I prove to you that I am not a spy?"

Alexandra pondered for a minute. How could she be definitely sure that this man was not a spy? He could, of course, be interrogated at Anoush, but if his story was true and he wasn't a spy, interrogation was a long process and his friends would be in danger. Alexandra's eyes lit up.

"First to touch the other person three times wins. If you win, I'll agree that you are not a spy. If I win, I take you prisoner."

He nodded. "That sounds fair."

Using magic, Alexandra created two identical wooden swords. When both were made, they descended slowly into Alexandra's hands, and she threw one towards the man.

"Begin."

The man lunged forward, thrusting his sword forward at Alexandra's centre. Alexandra easily side stepped and swung her sword towards his left and at the very last moment when he blocked with his sword, she flicked her wrist downwards, so that the sword dipped low and hit him at the calf.

"One."

Swordplay was Alexandra's favourite art. She had taught herself to catch prey since she was a child and until now, her techniques had been mastered and perfected so that in less than five moves, she could take a bear down. Despite her evident prowess in swordplay, she danced with the man with their swords clashing with dull thuds. She hadn't sparred for a while, and she wasn't going to let the moment be too short. She swung her sword carefully towards the man's right. She took one step forward, preparing to make a fast cut at his right side, when suddenly he ducked and rolled, and as he stood up, his sword tapped Alexandra's ankle, with a gentle 'thock'.

"One."
    Alexandra spun, her eyes narrowed at the man's smirking face. She didn't like being played a fool at her own game. She advanced towards the man, this time with fast strokes attacking all sides, both hands on the pommel of the sword for smoother movements. He managed to dodge all the attacks, but when Alexandra withdrew her sword quickly to move lightning fast behind him, she placed the flat of the sword on his right shoulder.

"Two."

Alexandra could sense the man's amusement. She did not understand why on earth he would find this situation funny. His friends were in danger, for goodness sake! Well, if that story was true, that is.

He turned and she stepped backwards, her sword in front of her, dividing his view of her face in half. The man had a smile on his face, just like she sensed he had.

"Why are you smiling? Don't you have friends to save?"

"Your aggravation is entertaining."

His expression changed however, when he moved forward quickly, snapping his sword from his right as he whirled his sword towards Alexandra with incredible speed. However, Alexandra, reading the movements of his arm, predicted this move and rolled towards her left, dodging the attack from beneath and stood, only to hurriedly block a direct front-on blow from the man.

The two stood frozen, their feet planted on the ground, their swords locked together, straining and building tension. Both had determined expressions on their faces, one to save, the other to defend. The swords, at last, gave, and both returned to their defensive stances. Alexandra attacked again, her determination clearing her mind, and improving her senses of sight, sound and touch. The man attacked her right and she blocked. She attacked and he blocked. The pattern repeated. The man attacked towards her left and Alexandra whirled backwards, spinning around to attack him again, but he advanced, clearly having predicted that reaction, and rolled forwards so that he was behind Alexandra and tapped her on the leg once. She whirled around, furious, but before she could attack him, he somersaulted up and over her, landing behind Alexandra and tapped her on her spine.

"Two and three."

Alexandra spun around, her eyes flashing, her expression livid and she swung her sword at him, the tip touching the base of his throat. They stared at each other, until finally, Alexandra relented, her arm dropping to her side and her face reluctant***. The swords, having served their purpose, vanished into thin air.

"So, will you be true to your word?"

"Don't insult my honour." Alexandra snapped. She couldn't believe she had let him win so easily. "I will take you to Anoush."

"Anoush?"

"The village where I live. The village chief there will decide who will help aid you in your request."

The man nodded, his features suddenly solemn. Alexandra almost felt sorry for the man. He seemed to be truly concerned for his friends. Then, out of nowhere, she made a promise she never planned to make.

"I'll will try to help you find your friends."

The man seemed surprised, but quickly recovered. "Thank you."

She had just made a promise where there was no going back now. "Don't worry about it."

She planned how she could keep the promise. She'd need to introduce the man to the Chief and try to convince Chief to let her go help the man. Her eyes widened in realisation. "Ah, I hadn't asked your name yet."

"Josh. Josh Richards."

"Alexandra."

He nodded in acknowledgment.

"Well then, follow me, Josh. I'll be taking you to Anoush, the Village of the Sky."

15. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Hi sorry I've been away a while, I've some trouble with my account. I'll be surprised if this actually posts. Because I 've been a while away. I'd like to carry in writing in this but if others don't want me to because I've not monitored this thread very well I understand :) If you do, I could write something next if anyone wanted,welcome Turquoisia. I haven't read your post yet because I wanted to see if I could post

16. turquoisia

turquoisia New Member

Welcome back! Personally, I'd like to keep going :D but if the majority wants to stop, then I'll consent. I don't mind writing something either, but I think Mr Mr should, to keep the story moving, if Mr Mr wants to continue, that is.

17. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

It's funny you return now, I was just about to restart this :D

It may do to restart anyway with some new people (or just the three of us). Keeping the story of course. Or we can just continue writing from where we left off, in which case I think you should start Turquoisia as we're heading to your characters village.

18. turquoisia

turquoisia New Member

I'm really sorry but when I try to write it, I can't seem to get it going. Can someone else write instead? Generally the situation is that Alex has to report to the chief and then tell him about how she is leaving the village to help Josh. If this info is needed: the reason why Alex is staying in Anoush in the first place is because she needed a place for shelter and food, and to repay that, she would protect the village. I'm very sorry I can't seem to get it going D: