1. JimmyJazz

JimmyJazz New Member

Poetry book identification challenge

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by JimmyJazz, Sep 17, 2018.

Hi there,

So, many moons ago (too many!) I found a book of poetry in my local library. I read it over and over again and renewed it countless times, I must have been 8-9 years old at the time so this book would have been around in the late 80's, early 90's. I'm pretty sure it was an anthology and would have had poems by the likes of Ogden Nash and Michael Rosen within its pages.

Now, I know this is a bit of a long shot but all I really remember is that it was a hardback with a red cover and it had a target on the front, possibly with an arrow in it. The cover was quite cartoony with the target being a prominent feature and I believe the only other colours were black and white.

If anybody can help identify this lost tome for me, based on my extremely sketchy description, I would be eternally grateful. Whenever I think about going to the library as a child I picture holding this book in my hand and looking at the cover (if only I could visualise the title!), it would be wonderful to track down a copy.

Many thanks in advance, let the challenge commence!