1. GlenL

GlenL New Member

Introducing Glen

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GlenL, Dec 28, 2015.

Hello to all.

This is the hardest part. I started writing a novel about two years ago. It is a "hit and miss" effort as I find myself working on it during my spare time, which has been damn little. I do have it outlined and am about a third of the way complete. I'm at 3o,000 words right now and have a plan to complete the rest in a few months. I'm sure I will be needing some help and I'm looking forward to participating in this forum.

I'm on target and I like most of what I have written so far. I will have a better feel about it in a few months. I look forward to completing the first draft. I really want to get to that point.

I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and writing is new to me. I was looking for an outlet and it gives me more pleasure than I thought was possible.

VynniL likes this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Glen, and welcome to the forum. :)

Congrats for your progress! Writing a book, now that's easier said than done, unfortunately. :D What's your story about? :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have fun exploring the site!

-Kat

3. GlenL

GlenL New Member

A newly widowed and suddenly retired military criminal investigator finds himself back in his home town, unexpectedly elected sheriff and solving the most horrendous crime in county history.

That is my current tag line. It's the first of a series, based in the 1960's in a mid western rural town.

KaTrian likes this.
  4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Sounds interesting. :agreed: Small town stories can be very entertaining for sure and the nature of the crime already intrigues me!

5. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

Welcome Glen! Writing is new to you but you like what you've written and you're on target? I wish I was you! Nice to hear someone is enjoying the experience so much. :)

6. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Sounds like a good read. I am also a fan of stories set in smaller towns.