1. illogical

illogical New Member

Uploading my coursewrok for review?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by illogical, Dec 1, 2013.

In my English Language course at school I have to write a piece of fiction as coursework. Is it a good idea to post this on here for constructive criticism, or not? I'm wondering if there would be consequences with the exam board (which you might not know about) or whether people on the forum might not want to offer help with coursework due to it being a school thing? Thanks for the advice!

2. TheMagicPaint

TheMagicPaint New Member

Are you from the UK? I don't know what the exact rules are, but coursework is supposed to be your own work, except for (if applicable) any comments from your teacher after they see your first draft. Obviously, that should prevent you from talking to other people here about it, but posting the piece itself here for criticism is treading on dangerous ground - if the exam boards find you breaking the rules, the punishments can be pretty severe. Maybe try checking the website for your exam board for detailed guidelines, but I would suggest that posting a whole bit of coursework here before you submit it is breaking the rules at least in spirit.

If you want to discuss ideas on here/ask specific questions, then that's probably safe, but if it's for coursework, it's probably better to always be upfront about it, so that people know.

Sorry for the lack of a definitive answer and good luck with your coursework! :)

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it's against site rules, sorry to say... and i'm sure it would be seen as unethical, if not worse, by the exam board... in any case, we don't help students with their coursework on moral and ethical grounds...

4. illogical

illogical New Member

Alright, thanks a lot for the answers guys! I'll keep it to myself and just try to improve using the site in different ways :)

Andrae Smith and Wreybies like this.
  5. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

And here I was about to get all harrumphy concerning our rules! :p Good show, old sport. ;) That's the way it's done.