1. Mike Kobernus

Mike Kobernus Senior Member

Beta Readers

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Mike Kobernus, Jul 20, 2014.

Hello all.

Are there any amongst the forum who would be willing to beta read my novel? It is now in the final editing stages and is about as close to being finished as it can be.

All I need now is to get an idea if anyone will like it!

If you are interested in reading a metaphysical, historical fantasy novel, then PM me, and I would be happy to sign you up!

All beta readers who complete the book and provide feedback will receive their own copy as thanks for their input. (unless there are 100o volunteers...then I will simply send you all good thoughts!)

Below is a first mockup of the cover art. Some changes to be made there too, but that is in hand now.

Much obliged!

[​IMG]

2. ToDandy

ToDandy Senior Member

As always, when asking for Beta or Alpha Readers, alway put a brief summary of what the novel is about (like what you'd find on the back of a book).

Also put the word count, because some people may not want to commit to reading a 200,000 word novel.

And for future reference, this topic likely belongs in the collaboration section.

As for your request, I just took on two beta readers and I'm unsure if I want to take on a third. I might do it for a critique trade, but post the summary and word count and I'll let you know.

3. Mike Kobernus

The first impressions from readers are back. One described it as The Davinci Code meets the Mortal Instruments.

I guess that is a good thing?

Metaphysical fantasy, around 96K.

Blurb:
    Philip Entwhistle willingly chooses to pay the price that his research demands, but he is not prepared for what he discovers; a world where ancient decisions have lethal consequences and the elemental creatures of myth are not myth at all. As he comes to terms with his new understanding of the order of things, he battles to save the very creature that may prove to be his undoing.

4. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

This sounds like a pretty fun book to read. Could you send me the first 3 chapters - and after I've read that, I'll decide if I want to continue and beta-read for you for real? I like to commit to books that I'd actually enjoy - your premise definitely sounds interesting, but I'd like to see the writing quality/style to see if it's my - as the Brits say it - cup of tea :) Feel free to drop me a PM. I'm actually not reading anything at the moment so would welcome something to read!

5. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Is it too late to get in on this?

6. DromedaryLights

DromedaryLights Active Member

I'm down. Also, just so you know, Blood on the Sand is the name of a video game staring 50 Cent. So, you're in good company with dat title.

7. Mike Kobernus

Those words are super popular, in various combinations. There is even a nail polish, called Blood and Sand.

Sheesh...