1. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed

Beta Reading Woman's view Beta request

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Iain Aschendale, Jun 27, 2016.

I'm looking for a light beta read on a short story (4700 words) of mine. It's had a volunteer read by an editor (male), but the MC is a woman, and I'm not, which leaves me concerned about whether I've done a decent job of portraying her.

Somewhat of a romance maybe, napkin synopsis: Adventurous young (early 20s) female rock climber meets skydiving instructor, falls in love, switches hobbies from climbing to skydiving, conflict ensues over the risks he takes. He wants to try one last big dangerous jump, but dies prior, she decides to try the jump in his memory, gets her groove back.

I'd welcome any and all critique, of course, but mostly I'm looking for a woman who can tell me if my woman is emotionally plausible, and if there are issues, just a couple quick notes on what I haven't got right.

If anyone's willing, shoot me a PM and I'll email it to you.

Thanks.

<edit> Forgot to say that I'd be more than willing to exchange critiques/betas, although my tastes run more to horror and SF, I'll happily help where I can.