User Names

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Night Haunter, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Mine is due to my love of Toranas they are such a beautiful car....:D

2. daisydaisy

daisydaisy New Member

Mine came about when I joined another message board, and at the time I was researching my family tree, specifically a great aunt called Daisy. The name Daisy was taken, so I called myself daisydaisy after a song my dad used to sing to me as a child. My real name is Tereasa.

3. The Spartan

The Spartan New Member

I joined this place a couple of days after watching 300 Spartans, and I live within spitting distance (well, okay - a short bus journey) of Sparta.

And so The Spartan was born.

Tonight we dine in Hell, etc.

4. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

The question begs why did Hulls raven earn the name Raven. What did he do to earn that name.

Im Intrigued

5. Evelyn

Evelyn New Member

"Evelyn" is my actual legal (middle) name.

One of the first web forums I wanted to post on was in the throes of a really nasty troll war, with the troll(s) constantly getting banned and coming back on with new names. The poster that I most admired was the focus of the trolling, and he was asking people for their real names: he used his own real name as his user name.

I'm not comfortable using my full real name on the net, but my middle name seemed reasonable. It's common enough that I don't have to worry about people knocking on my door, but uncommon enough that it's often not already taken. And it's short, and fairly easy to pronounce and spell.

And, when I become a world-famous writer :), I plan to use the name "Evelyn Kift" as my pen name
    ("Kift" is one of my grandmothers' maiden names), and so if "Evelyn" is taken on a writing forum, I use "evelynkift."

- Evelyn

6. .PeanutButter

.PeanutButter New Member

I used this username on another forum, and I liked it. But the reason I chose it on that forum was because the day I joined, I had a cold and I ate peanut butter on toast for my meals because I couldn't eat anything. My family's a peanut butter family in any case. My parents both worked in JIF peanut butter plant before I was born until I was five.

Peanut Butter rocks.