Using italics

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by writer one, Sep 24, 2015.

1. writer one

writer one Member

My hobbies are, philosophy, psychology, spirituality, and me. I do not read persay I scan when I read, that could be a problem for me. writer one

2. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

I suggest reading some literature, and actually reading it - not just scanning. Find a story
    (something that interests you, but maybe it'd be easier if you stick to Young Adult fiction as that's usually a little easier to understand) and try to immerse yourself in it. You'll pick up on basic things. :)

3. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

Yes, I agree that it could be a problem. I also agree with @Nicoel that it would be a good idea for you to read - really read, not just scan, some literature.

I read your thread about mood writing and I am very sorry to hear about your hearing loss. If I may, I think reading will really help you feel better able to communicate. When you read, your brain may be able to process the speech easier, since you don't have to hear anyone say it with your ears. Your eyes will hear for you. The more you really read (not scan) the more naturally it will come to you. There are some wonderful fiction and non-fiction books that explore different facets of psychology and spirituality, perhaps you might start there. My advice is to read and read and read, since it is the easiest way to learn how to write.

Nicoel likes this.