1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Verizon is "half-fast" and catching flack

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by Wreybies, Dec 15, 2014.

So this little play on words and quasi homonyms caught my eye the other day on TV.

I was kinda' surprised and had to rewind to be sure of what I had heard and seen. You hear the word "ass" in shows, but it's the first time I have ever heard it in a commercial. A quick check on the internet to verify what I was already pretty sure of, and yep, Americans have yet one more thing over which they are actively frothing at the mouth. I have a feeling that in the U.K. this commercial wouldn't even evince a smirk for being so corny and childish, all things relative.

So, "in poor taste" vs. "don't get your little panties in a bunch over nothing"

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Always writing or thinking things XD Staff Role Play Moderator Contributor

The latter

No big deal just a play on words and people get to offended these days about small things.

This though.....this is horrifying

Okon and GingerCoffee like this.
  3. Okon

Okon Contributing Member Contributor

Well, if it gets pulled from TV amid some debate over the content, it will have succeeded via infamy anyway. It's win, or win;).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.