1. saliho

saliho New Member

very important

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by saliho, Sep 11, 2013.

Hi guys !! my name is Salah, and this is my first post on this wonderful forum. I don't know if this is the right place to write this, so don't be mad of me. I'm a beginner writer, I'm always writing about some different subjects. my problem is that when I write something I don't know if I do some mistakes or not, and that makes me feel really confused and I lose my confident of writing. I'm looking for someone to help me correcting my writings. I will send a writing a day to him and it will takes just 5 minutes of his time to correct, because my writing are too short and are about just 5 or 6 ligns. I found some people in this summer helped me, but infortunately they just correct about one or two writings and then they told me that they were busy or wanted money to do this service. I'm begging you to help me, because you don't have any idea how much that will help me and develop my writing. Thank you very much =)

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, Salah, and welcome! What you're describing isn't really the way this forum works, but if you're patient, I'm sure you'll get the help you need here. First, please read the rules. Then browse the site - pay attention to the Writing Workshop, so you'll get a good idea of how we do things here.

Just FYI, you posted this in the wrong section, so I'll move it for you.

3. saliho

saliho New Member

okay, thank you very much. I hope to find someone who can help me =)

4. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

We're here to offer tips and advice, but I'm afraid if you wanted someone to commit to working for you, you will have to find yourself a writing mentor or coach, whom you will have to pay. On this forum, just stay around and read the threads - there're often some good insights that will help you, and after some time you can post your work up on the forum for critique, but usually pieces that are longer than 5-6 lines.

In my opinion, I think it would help you if you took up an English language course, because I can see you're not a native speaker, and having a solid grasp of proper English grammar will help with your confidence. And in your free time, come join us on the forum :)

5. saliho

saliho New Member

Thank u Mckk for all the advices, I really apreciate that =) Yes I'm not a native speaker, but I really love the English language

6. JetBlackGT

JetBlackGT Senior Member

Please don't worry about editing as you go. Please get your story down in your computer FIRST... write it out! Once it's all done and you are exhausted and happy, then you can send chapters or pages to someone. Don't worry about the perfection of what pours out of your fingertips yet! That is for the editing phase. Editing is where the real magic happens.

If you've ever watched a painter, they tend to sketch first. Loose, open sketches that rough out what they want the final work to *generally* look like :) Then they take their pencil and begin to shade a bit, erase a bit, move a line here and there. Then they pick up a paint brush and start putting paint to canvas. Even that is not the final work. There will be layers of paint where they changed and shaded and adjusted.

It didn't start out a masterpiece. It's one of the hardest things to make beginning artists do. Let go and be loose. In your case, sketch, your story first, don't draw. Drawing comes later. Painting comes last.

1. Get your story down.

2. Move things around later.

3. Edit, format and polish as the last thing you do. :)

Each phase will feel like work. Especially the writing phase if you are truly pouring your heart and emotion into your writing. Editing will make you re-live all of those feelings and you can begin to see them with the eye of a reader. If the words don't instill the same feeling, go back and add some shading and highlights to your words until they elicit that same emotion that you are trying to convey. :)

Wreybies likes this.
  7. saliho

saliho New Member

thank you very much for all the tips and the wonderful explanation you gave me. I really appreciate that. Thank you very much =)