Virus: Biohazard

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iulia

Iulia New Member

(don't feel stupid)
    I furrowed my brows as the number of people following me increased. It was okay, still. As long as I was getting home.

2. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

It was amazing what could happen in just a moments time. I had managed to disappear from the group that I had been with at dawn, long enough to hide myself in my favorite spot - the Eiffel Tower, doing the same thing I always was, scoping the area.

I had stayed here for a long while now. I was starting to give up on what was going on. The cure wasn't out there. If it was, it would have been found. If it were out there, then why wouldn't those things not kill it? Sure, it can't be infected, but that doesn't stop those things from tearing it apart.

That made me realize something.

What if the cure was in one of us!

I reached for my phone and rang the first number by memory.

No answer.

I needed to tell someone. Maybe this could be a clue. I called, and waited.

3. thelastblueberry

thelastblueberry New Member

In my imagination. Not always a good thing...
    Charlie watched as everyone jumped out of the helicopter, down the ladder, and out of sight. Everyone seemed to be in a rush. She sat calmly, legs dangling over the side as she watched light forming at the horizon. The sun would rise soon.

4. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I could hear my breathing loud in my ears, and the heavy footsteps of the others behind me. We had been running now for almost a mile, and killed several infected along the way. The darkness was slipping away, and soon the world would be a less dangerous place. I tried not to panic, as to do so would drain my energy, but I could do little to help it. I wished I simply hadn't left her - but I really had no choice. I wondered what Roku and Kim were thinking; we hadn't spoken since the base of the ladder, and the world was silent except for beats of running and gasps for air.

5. Bick

Bick New Member

My heart pounded but my energy remained high. I stood in the far back, I wasn't much for company. I was much like Brock, but at the same time I wasn't. I took in a heavy breath, and switch hands as my crossbow bared its weight on my hands. The sweat raced down my face, and I put my hand on hair. Wet with sweat. I cringed, running to catch up with Kale.

"Are we almost there?" I managed through heavy breathes.

6. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Kim seemed to be getting tired, even being as strong as she was. She was asking me if we were close, and I didn't quite know how to answer her.
    "It depends on your definition of 'almost there'", I called back. "About another mile or two."

7. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Well, maybe I was insane. Actually, I probably was insane. I was helping a man I had never met find a child I'd never met in a city I'd never visited being chased by mutant-monsters.

Yeah, that would be insane.

"How much longer?" Kim asked, breathing between every word.

"About an hour," answered Kale.

She did a sort of sigh-scream and kept going. Suddenly I heard a scream. Five Infected leapt from the top of a nearby building, hissing and heading towards us, claws slashing.

"Damn..." I muttered, shooting down one and slashing the other. I turned, thinking they were dead, when the one I shot leapt up and knocked me to the ground. I shot its eye and kicked it off, just to see the other three leap at Kale and Kim.

8. Bick

Bick New Member

I yelled as one fell on me, but I quickly rolled over as it attempted to bite me. I quickly grabbed my gun, shooting it in the head, but missing. I cursed in frustration as it came back my way. I kicked it in the chest, sending it falling back. I took aim at its heart, blood spattered everywhere.

I turned around just in time to see one fall behind me, as the man took his sword from its back.

"Danke." I muttered.

9. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Suddenly, infected lept out from every direction. I slashed those nearest to me with my knife, and shot a few, and Kim and Roku fought others all the while. They were skilled.

10. Bick

Bick New Member

I picked up my crossbow and muttered angrily at my clumsiness.

"Heh, thanks again."

We continued for what felt like hours. The walking became easier but my lack of sleep was slowly catching up with me. We finally stopped at a building, we both looked at Kale.

11. Iulia

Iulia New Member

They looked at me as if to ask if this was it. It looked like my house, but it was quite a bit different from the way I left it. I nodded slowly, but my heart began to race as if it would burst out of my chest. The seven bolts were each one savagely broken, and the door was dilapitated. I could see into the house, which was empty. It had been empty before - there was nothing to steal but Cathleen's and my own extra set of clothes. I tried to maintain my breathing, but it was no use. I went into the house, as if searching for some clue. Only her cot remained, for I hadn't sold it, and I looked underneath it even though I could see she wasn't there. It was as if someone or something had dropped a ton onto each of my shoulders. I fell to my knees - she was gone.

12. Bick

Bick New Member

I followed Kale through the building, when she stopped next to a cot. He looked under it, I could feel his terror. His child apparently wasn't there. I looked at Roku, and he looked back. Awkward. What were we to do?

I put my hand on his shoulder, "Maybe we can look for her?"

13. Iulia

Iulia New Member

"Gabh mo leithscéal," I muttered to Kim and Roku, before realizing they didn't understand. "I'm sorry," I quickly added. Kim put her hand on my shoulder.
    "Maybe we can look for her?" she said. I felt a flicker of hope, but I knew it was probably in vain. Still, I had to try - I knew that from the begining, but I didn't want to slow Kim and Roku down.
    "I um . . ." I began, clearing my throat. "Don't let me be an obstacle to you. I'll understand if you'd rather get back to your mission."

14. Bick

Bick New Member

I looked at his face, it was drenched with despair. I could never leave him, not like this, not when there was a child on the line. I managed a smile.

"We're going to help." I said, before Roku could say anything.

15. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I tried to muster a gracious smile, but I gave up.
    "Thank you," I said, for there was nothing else to say. I never knew what to do in these situations.

16. Bick

Bick New Member

I gave him an awkward pat on the back. Going outside the building.

"I'll go look in the building next door" I yelled into the building, "Do you think she will trust us if we find her?" I quickly asked, as a pang of worry hit me. I was rather scary looking, my rough accent and my large crossbow. Who wouldn't run?

17. Iulia

Iulia New Member

"Tell her you know me," I said, doubtful they would find her, but this made a lot of sense. Cathleen was a smart girl, and if they said simply "I know your father", she might not be convinced. "Actually, say 'ceart go leor, I know your father.' No one else here speaks Gaelic." I said, adding the last bit as reasoning.

18. Bick

Bick New Member

“Ceart go leor, Ceart go leor” I whispered to myself until I had it in my head, I couldn’t forget it. I turned the knob of the building, it was locked. No use going to check in a building she can’t get into? I turned away, just in time for my eye to catch a hole in the side of the building. Just small enough for a little girl to crawl through, to escape to. I groaned, not big enough for me though. I looked at the door, if I kicked it in, it would scare her. I looked at the lock, it was just a simple one. I took a bobby pin from my hair, and began manuevering the components that made up the lock. Suddenly it clicked, and I slowly slung the door open, dropping the pin to the floor. I quickly brought my crossbow forward, the arrow all ready in it’s place.

“Is anyone here?” I asked in a whisper, almost afraid of someone to answer. I first came upon a empty room, the carpet filthy with dirt. The sun shown through the window, just giving me enough light to see. I walked towards an open entryway, and came up a kitchen. The stove was gone, but the counters and cupboards remained, empty of course.

“Little girl?” I asked, this time in a normal talk, “Are you here?”

Nothing. Silent. I walked towards a closed door, slowly opening it. My blood ran cold. Standing, huddled behind a desk were 6 of the creatures, I looked over. The girl sat motionless on the top shelf of a closet. Her eyes were filled with terror, and she looked at me. She put her finger to her mouth, motioning for me to be quiet. In a split second I shot one of the beasts in the head, and took my gun out, dropping my crossbow to the floor. The others screamed in anger, coming my way. I shot at one as they ran forward, it fell to the ground. I dashed backwards, facing towards them and shot at their heads. Three fell, as I tripped over a something behind me.

I fell, I could smell the nauseating dying smell that came off the beast as it lunged at me, it’s teeth bared. I yelled, shooting at it’s chest as it came down on me. My heart raced as it fell limp over my body. I threw it off, and it fell with a thud next to me. I panicked, looking my body over. No bites, just blood. I quickly put my gun in it’s place, and ran towards the door. The little girl had gotten down, my crossbow in her little hands. She struggled to hold it but held it at me. I looked at myself, blood all over. I almost looked like one of the beasts. I understood her fear.

“Ceart go leor” I said putting my hands on the crossbow, and trying to give her a smile. She looked at me, and let me have my crossbow.

“Let’s get you to your father.” I said, grabbing her hand and walking her out the door.

19. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I looked frantically through the house to the right of mine. Roku had been strangely quiet and I didn't know what he was doing, but I didn't care too much. Kim, I knew, was looking in the house of my other non-existant neighbor, and I hoped she'd had more success than I was having. Another infected came at me, and I shot it non-chalantly. I was pathetic - I had no zeal left.

20. Bick

Bick New Member

We walked from the building, she didn't say anything to me, just looked down. I looked inside the building where I'm assume Kale's home had been. Nothing, no one was there.

"Where are you Kale?!" I screamed. Walking towards the other home.

21. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I heard my name called - it was Kim's voice. I couldn't decipher her tone, but she didn't sound anguished. I stepped out of the building, wiping the blood and dirt from my face.
    "I'm here!" I called back.

22. Bick

Bick New Member

I looked at Kale, he looked almost as bad as me. I attempted a smile.

"I'm here!" he said.

The little girl looked at him, her eyes full. She quickly ran over to him and hugged his leg. I smiled, reunited.

23. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I don't think I'd ever been so relieved in my life, to see Kim walking towards me, holding Cathleen's hand. Cathleen ran towards me and wrapped her arms around my leg. I laughed out loud and picked her up. I wasn't sure what to say. So I said:
    "This is Kim."
    "Kim saved my life." Cathleen said, flatly.
    "Thank you so much," I said, growing serious, and looking Kim in the eye.

24. Bick

Bick New Member

I smiled, a genuine smile this time as I looked at the little girl and her father. Those were the days, family.

“Who wouldn’t have saved such a little cutie?” I said, with a grin, “She’s a strong little one.” I said lifting my crossbow up, “She picked this up.”

I looked down at the ground as came out way.

“We need to get out of here, get back to the others.” I grabbed my phone, “Are you coming with us Kale?” I said hopefully.

25. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I smiled down at my daughter, then at Kim. She was asking if I'd come with them, and after trying to figure whether she genuinely wanted me there or if it was out of courtesy, I decided I really didn't have another choice.
    "Just thanks isn't enough," I said, growing suddenly nervous. I knew if I said what I planned to it would change my own mission, but I said it anyway. "And it just so happens I have something you're looking for too."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.