1. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

Just Curiousity

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pyrox91992, Aug 7, 2007.

If u think it will lol

idk, i guess i want to know wut ppls views on love is. I am in love so i guess taht is wut spiked my curiousity.

o well, tell me wut u all think

2. dushechka

dushechka New Member

I was thinking about this awhile ago, actually.
    I wish I could write one sentence, that would explain it all, and I'd be happy with that. But I can't. So I'll try and collect my thoughts. : )

Love is knowing you'll be respected despite the random circumstances. Love is never having to reassure, because they already know. I wouldn't say love is never having to say you're sorry.. Actually, I'd say the opposite- Love is forgiveness. Saying you're sorry and moving on. Respecting boundaries. Dreams. Hidden desires. Knowing when to back off, and when to persevere. Love is trust.

Yep, there's my huge definition. It'll change over time as I become familiar with the word.

3. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, i believe i may b in agreeance with u when i say love is the most complicated feeling in the world

4. dushechka

dushechka New Member

What an understatement.

5. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, i cant word it any better really. i love the feeling, i am in love and yet i still cant describe it very well lol
    all i know is that i have heard ppl describe it as an addiction, and if it is then it is my only and favorite addiction

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Obsession can sometimes be mistaken for love. But one characteristic of love is that it is different every time. It not only is no good stale, it refuses to exist unless fresh and unique.

7. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

cheers to that cogito

8. Frost

Frost Active Member

Love is as real as you make it.

9. Raven

Raven Banned

Romantic love is been with the same person everyday, waking up to them, and finding them as beautiful as the day you first met. With love also comes the dark times when you have to pull together as one.

Obsession though can sometimes make you believe your in love with a person but in fact your far from in love and need to pull away before it becomes much more serious and obsession turns into stalking.

You will know love its very different to obsession. Plus love only really works on a romantic level if the other person loves you back.

10. mypensmysoul

mypensmysoul New Member

Love is unconditional devotion and caring about that person so much that you would rather hurt yourself than hurt your lover.

I believe in love at first sight, but you don't always know it at the time, especially for those who have never felt love before. But when you look back to that first meeting, you smile and think, Yeah, I've always loved them.

Love is the most, powerful, confusing, and blissful human emotion there is.

11. xxkozxx

xxkozxx Active Member

Love is a total, undying acceptance regardless of life's relentless imperfections.

12. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Love is different to everyone. I think love is the cumulation of experiences you've had with it. So love can be anything to anyone. But either way, you know when you're in it.

To me, love is spending hours lying on the grass in the park; Playing in the rain; Always being able to leave the bathroom door open; Not being afraid to get lost, as long as you're together; and lots and lots of inside jokes.

I heard someone say once, "Love isn't looking at each other; it's standing together and looking in the same direction." Maybe it was from a movie. But I like that definition.

13. Cogito

Great response, Freshmaker.

Love isn't static. Not only is it looking in the same direction, it's traveling together, helping the other when he or she stumbles, end even though one is seeking the hill on the horizon, and the other is seeking the sun above that hill, they both take the same path together.

Lying on the grass in the park reminds me of a magical night with a special lady in college. We were lying on the grass in the Boston Public Garden, in each other's arms. We were enjoying the city lights, the cool summer breeze, and most of all each other. When we finally stood up to leave, she saw me shake water off my foot where it had been hanging off the bank in the Swan Pond.

"Why didn't you say something?"

"Because that would have meant moving."

14. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

:) j'adore ma cherie, elle est mon vie. i believe that i wouldnt have to translate that, but id do anything for her and without her im nothing, she makes me whole. she makes me happier when i am down and is always there for me. and i wish our parents would just bak off and let us b together and c that we love eachother and that they cant stop us

15. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

love is many wonderful things. It is a cool breeze on a summers night as you hold someone in your arms, a thought in your mind, a feeling in your heart, a moment in time.

But the one thing that love is, TRUST, UNDERSTANDING, RESPECT, LOYALTY, COMMITTMENT, all this and more.

You cannot love someone unless you trust them and you cannot love someone and not want to commit to them. That is my opinion anyways.

That is what love is to me and I know we don't all think and feel the same but I do know that we can all agree that love cannot exist without trust and understanding and committment.

Torana

16. Frost

Frost Active Member

Like I said, love is what you make it.
    Its different for everyone.
    Therefore, its impossible to generalise.

17. Cogito

Still, there are things it is not. I cringe when I hear someone says that another person "completes" them. It's not healthy to depend on a person that way. And I did that in my marriage. That's something I learned I needed to stop doing, in counselling when I was trying to save the marriage.

You need to be complete, outside of the relationship, and before you enter into a relationship

18. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Love is ageless. =P

My grandma is getting remarried next month, and I'm not sure what to think about it..

And Cogito, the "completes" thing rings true for me too. I'd rather be independent and my own person than "lean" on someone, who, will eventually, fail my ideals and whatnot.

I think I'm destined to be alone, which is fine. I've never been a lovey person.

19. Torana

Dont think anything of it other than your Gradndma's happiness. If he is anice man than you should be overwhelmed that she has been lucky enough to find him.

My grandma never found another after her secnd husband and she was always lonely. If you are at all concerned talk to your grandma about those concerns and I am sure she will listen and understand.

20. Torana

Communication is the best way to a successful relationship by the way peoples. Always communicate or things will be sure to fall apart and that goes for friendships and family relationships as well.

21. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Definitely. It's just.. I was quite close with my grandfather, so weird feelings are arising.
    I'll be playing the piano at the wedding, so I'm thinking that's her way of letting me "join" in on the fun.
    At least she's happy. (And the diamond ring is huge!) o.0

22. Torana

Well at least you are being made a part of the wonderful occasion.
    I think that you should talk with her though and tell her how you feel, she would want to know how you feel about it.
    And a huge diamond ring that is awesome lol sorry that is the female in me coming out lol

23. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Yeah.. Considering she's 73, it's pretty amazing. Also how they were childhood friends. Crazy.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread. : p

24. Cogito

Hijacking? Th thread is about love. It was very much on topic

25. Torana

That is so romantic!
    I am glad you posted it in here cause this is what love is about people!!!!!