Vivid dreams.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daydream, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

Recurring Dream

I’m not sure if these dreams are “vivid,” but they occur frequently. This one’s dream is about my transportation to school. To give you some background to ease up the confusion, my classes start at 9:00 am in reality. It takes me an hour to walk to my college for class. In the dream, I’m either late or early for school.

I took a “magic” shortcut to college. Behind college is Bryan Station High School. In reality, Bryan station High is in Lexington, KY, and Brown Mackie College is in Louisville. Whenever I take the magic shortcut to Bryan Station, which is behind Brown Mackie, the shortcut transports me to Lexington. In the dream, I live in Lexington and back to my home city, Louisville whenever I come back from the shortcut to Brown Mackie College. How weird is that?
    Every time I take that shortcut, the shortcut reduces my duration time to only five minutes to get to college. The normal route does not cumulate my destination time. It remains at an hour. I take the normal route more often. I don’t know why. I would catch the bus, but I am late. Taking the normal route, I’m on time, and taking the shortcut, I’m early. Therefore, the shortcut is my best choice. I come to realize that it is impossible for me to reach my destination taking the normal route. I wake up at 7:30 am, drive to the school, and arrive at 1:00 pm when I am supposed to be there by 9:00 am. What’s wrong with that picture? Thus, the shortcut is my only refuge for transportation.

How weird is this for me to be at Bryan Station High school that is in Lexington, when Brown Mackie College is located 60 miles from Louisville in reality?

Then this same dream came up two nights later. I was at the college with my brother this time. I guess we were just visiting the school because we were bored or something. We, and some students, were waiting for a school bus to arrive to pick us up. I guess my brother and I did not feel like walking back home, so we decided to take the bus. The bus never arrived. We received an announcement that the driver was coming late. Therefore, we waited patiently.

The bus finally arrived. We suddenly started loading heavy objects for the driver. The driver said that before he could take us home, we had to take another group of students who are coming from Bryan Station high school home first. I had all these dreams about going to Bryan Station High school, but I have never been inside the school every since the construction workers reconstructed the building in 2005 in reality. In the dream, I was excited to see what the inside of the school looks like.

After we finally got to Bryan Station, I did not get a chance to see the inside of the school because I woke up.

In reality, I am always on time for school though. I find this dream to be cool because I would be at the school already in five minutes as exposed to me taking an hour to get there in reality.

Was the car driving by itself? This dream normally occurs to me, Crucifiction. We were in a bus going to school or something. There was no driver driving. The bus was just driving us to school on its own, which is creepy.

Has anyone here ever had a funny feeling of falling and then landing on your bed? It's not a dream, it's a funny feeling some of us might feel. And another feeling that I'm laying on a medal bed. Anyone had that feeling before?

1 person likes this.
  2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Sorry, life kind of got on top of me XD HAI!

Your dreams never sound dull! I had a dream the other night I had to get to work but I was commuting from the house I grew up in which is a 6 hour drive from my office AND I was already late and then I remembered I don't know how to drive. Then I woke up and realised it was 4am and I wasn't due to work for a few more hours!

3. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Haha dreams like that are hilarious! Especially that awesome feeling when you wake up thinking you have to go to work, but then check your clock and realise you can sleep a few more hours!

4. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Well, I usually have pretty boring dreams. But I remember one dream that I dreamt there were a load of animated spiders, they were blue I think, and well, they were cartoony and kept dangling and swinging and eyes got bigger and that's about all I can remember, but the thing I thought was weird was that it was animated.

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I had a weird dream last night that was like a mix of High School Musical 3 and Inception. I was in the HSM school, but the whole building was undulating and changing like in Inception. :confused:

6. Vespers

Vespers New Member

I watched Inception three times in the last two days... talk about hours upon hours wasted. It is repeating on HBO and I had nothing better to do =\

7. Marranda

Marranda New Member

Was that an actual waking dream (nightmare?) or did you really kill that much time watching that movie over and over and over again?

Last weekend I was at the In-Law's house with my husband and son for an Anniversary party, where I ended up staying up till 2am (sober no less :( )and when I finally went to sleep, I dreamt I was in the kitchen with a bowl of ice cream in my hands, rummaging the fridge for choclate syrup. I couldn't find any in the fridge, and so I turned to the pantry fridge (they really do have 2 refridgerators) and couldn't find Chocolate syrup in there either. So I began wandering the house (It's roughly the size of a small mansion and cluttered with furniture) rummaging through boxes and shelves and cases of random objects looking for anything chocolate I could possibly melt down and put in my ice cream.
    When I awoke, I immediately went down to the kitchen and ate an ice cream sandwhich. A lovely breakfast for sure, but what a FRUSTRATING dream!!

8. Vespers

Vespers New Member

It was a nightmare come true; I actually wasted that many hours watching it over and over again. Hey, at least I saw that you can watch Cobb's wedding-ring to determine that in the end, the world he is in is in fact the real world again.

Also, were dementors nearby? Perhaps your dream-craving for chocolate was a biologically subconscious reaction to recover from passing dementors in the night. Just an idea...

9. Marranda

Marranda New Member

Stop right there! Don't tell me anymore about Inception. I haven't seen it yet, and I want to see it but haven't found the time or the will to go rent it. So even though I'm not 100% on your spoiler there, no more please :)

And what are dementors? Are you talking about those spooky floating reaper-esque things from the Harry Potter movies? It's quite possible... I was at the In-Laws after all... o_O

10. Vespers

Vespers New Member

Those are exactly what I'm talking about. And don't worry, it's only a slight spoiler to those who have already watched the movie a few times; it'll mean nothing to you if it's your first time, and certainly won't ruin anything.

PS: Beware of the In-Laws.

11. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Re vivid dreams....the only really vivid dreams I have are the creepy ones, and the ones where I'm back in my childhood with old friends. lol. There've only been a few dreams that actually woke me up due to the disturbing factor.

In one of them, it was dark out, and I was going to this movie theater that was the only building on the top of a hill, and the bottom of the hill was surrounded by woods. I was waiting for them to set up the movie (in the dream, movies had to be set up, like in plays) and I was the only person in the theater. There were also fish swimming around in the air in the theater for some reason. So anyway, I go down the hill and I'm chilling at the edge of the woods. And I have this gripping feeling that something is coming for me. I don't hear or see anything, but I just *know*, and the feeling gets worse as the thing gets closer. So I start running up the hill, and I can hear it getting closer and closer and gaining on me. Then I woke up. It was around 4 a.m. The dream was a few years ago but still stands out as being extremely unsettling. Then I had another dream in which I had these wounds all over my legs with infected stuff inside that looked like decaying blackberries. And another one where I was stuck in a spaceship floating off into space. And loads of dreams about being kidnapped, even though I've never been kidnapped in real life.

Re "Inception"...I know I'm weird but it wasn't so much my cup of tea...I mean the action stuff was great, but the plot was waaaay too complicated. ;)

12. Gigi_GNR

Huh. I loved that movie. Then again, I'm a Christopher Nolan fangirl, so. :p

13. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Haha I've been watching that over and over, too! I love it.

14. T.N.Korgan

T.N.Korgan New Member

So last night I dreamed I was getting ready for a wedding which turned out to be my wedding. Not in my dress yet but with my hair all nice, I go help a neighbor fix their tv(she's not my neighbor in real life) and she let's me use a tiara and veil she just happens to have laying around. Then, with my brother by my side, I race back home to finish getting ready. Mom's on the front porch telling us to hurry or we'll be late. Then we get to the place, which looks like a classroom crossed with a one stop chapel. There are some people I don't know and lots I do. I'm guided to the front where I find my groom is my ex boyfriend. (love him to death but we seperated because I couldn't view him past being like family). We have these clipboards with questions on them and we have to answer them before we get married(I think this is a good idea). But before we even finish I hear someone say, "I thought she was marrying "this guy". " I look at where he's pointing and it's one of my friends. I shake my head and returnto the task at hand. I wake up before the ceremony takes place.

This is like the fourth dream in a row that's been vivid enough to wake me up out of it. It's kinda weird, kinda cool, kinda annoying. All crazy.

15. bluebellwriting

bluebellwriting New Member

I have very wierd dreams. I once had a dream which was about a japanese guy revenging his family's death and I was helping him maybe it was a film I saw a part of. It was rather wierd as we were both speaking japanese but I don't know any japanese.

16. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Speaking of vivid dreams, has anyone here had a luccid dream before? I've been keeping a dream journal for a year now, and a month ago I finally had one. I was longboarding down this hill I usually go down near my house, when I noticed that the street (which is usually smooth and deliciously fast) was cracked with cacti poking up in various places. I suddenly realized, to my incredible delight, that I was in a dream. Naturally, the first thing I wanted to do was something impossible so I jumped 50 feet into the air and landed light as a feather. The only problem was that this sudden excitement let me loose grasp of controlling my dream reality and everything following is incredibly hazy. Such a shame. Can anyone relate?

17. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Oh man im jealous! I'd love to have a lucid dream :( So writing down your dreams is the way to go?

18. ValianceInEnd

Oh definitely! Writing your dreams down focuses your mind on the experience of dreaming so when you are actually dreaming, you can recognize the signs and take control. I also found it interesting how recalling dreams every day opens memories to long forgotten ones, typically just places or random details. Dreams are a fascinating world :)

19. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

Tavern's Dream Journal

I think this thread should be tittled, “Tavern’s Dream Journal.”

20. Blue_Lotus

Blue_Lotus New Member

Ever find yourself knee deep in your work ( writing ) and get stuck, only to go to bed and have the stick unstick its self in your dream?
    I know this happens to me quite a bit.
    I find it helpful as I am able to remember 99% of the dream and write it down to tweek and fit my current work.
    My hubby thinks I am weird but I have always been a vivd dreamer nightmares, dreams, heck even my dance classes I would dream about practicing and wake up and find that I had learned to master my steps...
    Needless to say I sleep for as long as I can ;) I manage to get more done in my sleep than I do when I am awake lol.

21. Gigi_GNR

I have dreams about my job. I'm bagging groceries in my dreams. Stop it, brain, I do that enough when I'm awake.

22. ValianceInEnd

I second that motion

23. Vespers

Vespers New Member

I keep a voice-recorder next to my bed, and using it has finally become an ingrained habit; I do it even when I can't remember doing it. I'll have to get it out and start typing up dreams-- I'm still convinced that among vivid dreamers, I am at the zenith of combat-dreams.

24. keeksta

keeksta New Member

So jealous now I rarely remember my dreams. Although recently I've had a lot more vivid dreams all of which involve me protecting my friends from one thing or another, which is kind of weird.

In the most recent one me and my best friend (Harry) were watching this girl we knew argue with some guy I didn't recognise. The argument had started over this medallion the girl was wear, it was strange because the medallion looked like it was half of a much bigger one (and it was already quite big). As we were watching I kept getting angrier and I wanted to intervene but Harry kept making mocking comments about me going to help her. (Which is unlike him)

I eventually turned away to leave but as I did Harry said I was doing the smart thing and for some reason that made my more angry so I turned back and went to the girls side. Obviously the guy told me to get lost and that it didn't concern me but I said that it did. Then I pulled out the other half of the medallion from beneath my shirt, we then connected the two halves as they joined together they started to glow and everything suddenly went white. After that I woke up.