4. A Salient Sky

5. Goodbye-Hello my Child-me

6. A Safe Haven

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contest Administrator Contributor

Closed Voting Voting for Poetry Contest #271 -- Theme: "Home" (Painting)

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Poetry Contest' started by theoriginalmonsterman, Jan 31, 2016.

Voting for this contest will be open for 3 weeks, and will close at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) on Saturday, February 20th. If the poem had no title I used the first line of that poem for the title.

Entries for the poems featured in this contest can be found here.

Thanks to everyone who entered! I was glad to see a ton of poem entries for this contest! I hope we can keep this up for the next poetry contest! :D

Let me know what you think of this contest theme in the comments below. It was a bit different than usual, but if people like it I'll try to implement more contest themes like this into future contests. Maybe I'll also take some forum member's suggestions for pictures we could use.

Also last but not least (since I probably will forget to say this later on) Happy Valentine's Day! :love::friend:

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hard to pick, two of them were closely tied for me.

theoriginalmonsterman likes this.
  3. theoriginalmonsterman

Hard to pick for me too. There was a ton of good entries for this contest.

4. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributing Member Contributor

I didn't submit anything in the contest, but I really like how you did this one! I think an image can invoke so many more ideas than just a theme. And that was a very nice image! I wish I would've seen it before -- I had a great idea for it as soon as I saw it.

I think you should do more like that. It's very interesting how different all the entries were based on the same painting. Fun to read! :D

theoriginalmonsterman likes this.
  5. theoriginalmonsterman

Hence the phrase "A picture is a thousand words". I'll have to set-up a thread for people to post pictures in, and I'll pick from those every once in awhile. From what I've seen it looks like people like having more freedom when writing poems for the contests, so I'll use more open themes from now on.

What would be cool is if we took every contest winner's poem from every contest we've had and then made it into a book. A lot of fantastic poems come out of these contests and what ends up happening is these poems just end up sitting in dead threads. Obviously I would have to go around and ask for permission from all the contest winners and give credit to them in the book, but any profit we could make off the book could be put back into the forums. :)

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.