?

Vote for who you think should win!

This poll will close on Jan 21, 2017 at 9:50 PM.
  1. Keep looking back

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. As the snow falls, I freeze

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. My body shivers in the cold claws of time

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Children running round the house

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Silent room with a decorated tree, frozen in time

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. From icicles of times lost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I stand here alone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The Writer's Dilemma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The Crypt of Time

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. Just Let it Go Already

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contest Administrator Contributor

Open Voting Voting for Poetry Contest #281 || Theme: Frozen in Time

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Poetry Contest' started by theoriginalmonsterman, Jan 8, 2017.

Voting for this contest will be open for 2 weeks, and will close at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) on Saturday, January 21st. If the poem had no title I used the first line of that poem for the title. Also due to having so many poems this time around I'm going to allow people for two people for this contest.

Entries for this contest can be found and read here

Sorry about taking so long to get this voting out. I've been busy with the semester coming to an end, so I've had to take some free time to work on school related work. Hopefully from here on out I'll be able to keep up with contests. Thanks for being patient with me.

Good luck to everyone who entered this contest, and I'll look forward to seeing you guys back here in two weeks to announce the winner! :supergrin:

Fernando.C likes this.
  2. Brindy

Brindy Contributing Member Supporter

I will confess, poetry is really not my thing. I am more of the da da da da da, da da da da da rhyme and rhythm, but I did have a stab at the haiku one recently, just as a challenge to myself as it was only 17 syllables. I took at look at this one thinking maybe I'd have a go... and ran for the hills. Way, way out of my comfort zone, I will wait for the limerick style contest to come along.

So, well done to all the entries on this one, because this is really not an easy structure and there are some very good entries, but I can only vote for one and my vote is cast.