1. Justin Ladobruk

Justin Ladobruk Active Member

The future of Egypt.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Justin Ladobruk, Jul 7, 2013.

I was unsure of what was going to happen next in Egypt, but I think Israeli commentator Caroline Glick is right (can't post URL yet, feel free to Google her).

Egypt will go through revolution after revolution until it collapses into civil war. There simply aren't enough liberals to make any serious changes anywhere in the Muslim-Arab world.

2. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Well, what can you do? If the people don't want peace then let them all kill each other and we'll talk when the smoke clears.

Pull the money, pull the troops, secure our borders. Hoorah for isolationism!

3. Justin Ladobruk

UAE and Saudi Arabia have pledged their cash if America pulls it's $2 billion per year out. No reason to stick around.

4. Oswiecenie

Oswiecenie Active Member

What Egypt needs is another great man like Gamal Abdel Nasser, not some wacky, Western-style liberals.

5. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

I'm sure Netanyahu would know what to do with all the Muslim world

I agree, leave them all to their own devices - have nothing to do with them - nothing! The only problem for America is Israel, and of course the Suez Canal. The only reason the US give Egypt so much money (second only to Israel in term of charitable hand outs) is because they need the river to get their warships in and the oil out.

As I said already - Saudi need to et their oil out as much as we need to buy it.

6. Justin Ladobruk

I'd like to see Mubarak returned to power, but that's about as likely as Ariel Sharon coming back.

Something to remember is that Nasser was a fascist. That kind of strength will involve a slaughter to obtain.

7. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

It is not a revolution, it is just ongoing conflict. When is the US going to realise that engineering "democracy" means the end of progress and economic stability, since it opens up government to the mob, the most dangerously backward sections of that society? I don't care if the man heading them appears to moderate his language, he panders to their worst prejudices and will wreck the country. The same goes for Turkey, although fortunately people are better educated. Education is in fact the only hope for a decent future and rather than isolate them we should do all we can to engage with them.

1 person likes this.
  8. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

On-going conflict indeed, engineered by the US/EU/Saudis for control of the Suez Canal.

It's a big thing to say Turkish people are better educated then Egyptian, I wouldn't know but you have to look at the educators and what they are teaching, At least in Turkey, your curriculum isn't dictated by foreign superpowers, at least I hope.

9. Michael O

Michael O Member

You just summed up about 2k years of history there. What was that singer's name of The Talking Heads? Sang "Same As It Ever Was."

I'm reading The Crucible of Christianity and the author made an interesting point. Had Alexander the Great lived the average life span of his generals, the entire region would have evolved differently. He based this on Alexander method of conquering then having soldiers marry into the population.

Funny choice of word...Liberals. I tend to classify them as civilized humans and think women hold the key. It's like Golda Meir said, "As long as they hate us more than they love their children, there will not be peace in the Mid-East." Now that can be expanded to include the rest of the civilized world.

10. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

So while Adli Mansour imprisoned all of the Muslim Brotherhood, he has now recanted and offered them Ministerial posts in his new govt, wouldn't have anything to do with the $10 billion dollar donations from Saudi, the UAE and US would it? All beliefs seem to go out the window as soon as the cheque book appears. Meanwhile Turkey are blaming the Jews on their recent conspiracy http://www.france24.com/en/20130702-foreign-powers-jewish-diaspora-behind-turkish-unrest-deputy-pm-atalay

11. Michael O

Michael O Member

That's right! I vote for less wacky!

And the freedom to drink cold beer! Eat smoked ham sandwiches in peace! Play cards and gamble! Watch biological work of arts sizzle brown on Red Sea beaches in dental floss bikinis...Mmgh! Might even have to have a dubious doobie clause in there someplace. Could I write a constitution or what?

Crap! Every minute I spend here is less time I spend editing. This place is more addictive than the heroin I just kicked. Wonder if I could sue Daniel for making me waste time?