1. Alexa

Alexa New Member

Hey! :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Alexa, Feb 23, 2008.

Hey! My name is Lisa, (or you can call me 'Alexa' it's been my online Alias for years now) I'm from Canada..I love to write (obviously, or I wouldn't be here, right?) I also love reading...Novels, short stories, fanfiction, magazines, newspapers...anything I can get my hands on.

I came across this forum while googling for a writing forum..I found a few and this one looked like the best so I decided to join.

I may love to write but I can't say that I am that great at it. For as long as I can remember, I've had a pencil and paper in hand. I used to idolize my sister in every possible way and whatever she did I wanted to do. She was always writing and it didn't matter that I didn't know how to write back then. I just wanted to be like her. So I guess for the most part, me now with this passion of writing would be because of my older sister.

The problem with my writing is that I have ideas right from beginning to end sometimes, but I just can't get it down. There are times when I feel like, this is just useless..this is going nowhere and I'm just wasting time.

Writing is the only time I feel good though..I mean I can come home from a horrible day and go into writing and then be in a different world and everything is safe and okay again...and that's what I love about it. I love the feeling.

I do have a lot of grammar mistakes in my writing, I even know it when I write it. I want to learn more about grammar and punctuation etc, so I'm hoping being here...reading through threads, peoples stories and other stuff that maybe somehow I can find solutions to help improve my writing.

I've learned that people who write should be reading books all the time. I've also learned that a person should write EVERY day..even if it's just a sentence..

Other than Writing I love Television. I'm a huge TV-aholic...you name a show and if I haven't watched it I've probably heard of it or it's on my list of shows I'd eventually like to get into. I'm also into web design and graphic/fanart design. I have a few domains, some that I've been working on recently (one including a fanart/blog site) Web design is just like writing for me, it brings me to that place. It's what I love.

I'm hoping to get to know a lot of you and read your stories. So hello to everyone! and I hope to see you guys around!

-Lisa

2. flashgordon

flashgordon New Member

Lisa, welcome to the forum and hopefully we can help lure you away from the TV and more to your pen. ;)

3. Alexa

Alexa New Member

haha thank you for the welcome :D

4. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

Big fan of Heroes?

5. Alexa

Alexa New Member

Oh yeah, I'm a huge Heroes fan :) Just one of the many TV shows I'm addicted to at this time. Do you watch?

6. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hello there Alexa and welcome to WF :)

7. Alexa

Alexa New Member

Thanks for the welcome :D

8. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I've seen every episode they've put out so far. I was pretty disappointed with the second season. The new characters were okay, but the season felt rushed. I've never felt that the guy who plays Sylar is a very good actor, so I would love to see him go.

9. Alexa

Alexa New Member

I don't know where Sylar's character is actually going..He was the villian last season..I was expecting him to be out of the picture at the beginning of this season and us to have a new villian or something. I agree that the season felt rushed, but I'm pretty confident that when it returns in the fall with Volume 3 that we won't be as let down. I have faith that Volume 3 is going to be a lot better than 2 and I'm just crossing my fingers for that lol
    As for all the new characters and new 'Heroes' I didn't really mind them, my favorite was Elle, she's pretty awesome and was quite funny.

10. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

I liked Elle too. I think the show really needs to go into a new direction. The finale of season two was supposed to be quite dramatic or something, but who cares if any of the characters die? Now that they've pioneered reversing death, it doesn't really matter what happens in the show anymore.

At least Lost is still consistent...

11. Alexa

Alexa New Member

Yeah that is true lol

And Lost, I'm still getting myself caught up. I stopped watching for a year and now I'm about halfway through with season 3. I don't know how I could have stopped. I love how there's always some sort of mystery on the island. My sister has been saying this season has been different but she's just hooked to everything that's going on. She's trying to push me to get a move on with finishing season 3

12. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

Season four is definitely worth watching. So far, it's been excellent.

13. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hiya, welcome to the forums :)

14. Alexa

Alexa New Member

That's what I've been hearing, I can't wait to get caught up! My sister is always wanting to talk about this season with me. She watches with her husband so he already knows everything..so she really doesn't do much talking with him. So she's been bothering me to get caught up to have someone to talk about it with. She's a lot like me, we watch way too much TV.

Thank you so much :D

15. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Alexa, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

16. Alexa

Alexa New Member

Thanks so much for the welcome! I will defiantly try and review some writing. Although I can't say I'll do the greatest with reviewing especially since my writing isn't exactly that great myself, but I do look forward to reading other writer's work and giving in my opinion on them :)