1. Scott Sommers

Scott Sommers Member Supporter

Wassup everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Scott Sommers, Aug 7, 2016.

Hi everybody, glad I found this place. Im an aspiring author working on my first sci-fi novel. I also want to learn how to crtique other novels and improve my writing skills. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

2. Sal Boxford

Sal Boxford Senior Member

Hi there! Hope you have fun exploring the forums. Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. SuperRedPanda

SuperRedPanda New Member

Welcome to the site! I'm also quite new here.
    May I ask what your novel is about? :)

Also, tell Logan I'm a big fan!

4. Scott Sommers

Scott Sommers Member Supporter

My story is titled "S.C.A.Rs of Eden." It's about a female android named Rena who must stop a man from awaking six highly advanced androids from enslaving humanity.

Having difficulty deciding if it should be a trilogy or a series of short stories combined into a novel. I enjoy short stories rather than novels. But I believe that people would rather read a novel than a couple of shirt stories.

Logan said, "What's up bub."

5. sahlmi

sahlmi Active Member

Hi Scott. Glad to meet you.

6. SuperRedPanda

SuperRedPanda New Member

Sounds pretty interesting. It's something I would check out if given the chance.
    As for the format, I'm currently doing mine as a series of short stories to help flesh out the world while seeing what situations work for my main protagonist. Then I'll go from there in creating a fully fledged novel.

But I would suggest do what works best for you. Maybe start with a short prologue that leads up to a proper novel :)

7. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Scott Sommers, and welcome to the forum! Please read our New Member Quick Start - it'll get you going around here. Participate and have fun!