1. PersianDutch

PersianDutch New Member

A proper introduction is the best first impression

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PersianDutch, Dec 5, 2014.

Hi everyone!

I am (obviously) a new member of this forum and I am excited to be a part of this community. I strongly believe that a proper introduction is very necessary and that's why I decided to let my first post be my introduction.

I am a Persian/Dutch woman, living in The Netherlands. I've been in the writing scene for some time and have published a couple of novels in Dutch. Though I am very happy with how things are going now, my dream has always been to write a novel in English. It's not only because you'll have the chance to share your story with more people, it's also because I find myself more attracted to English dialogues. My characters sound more capable and intriguing in English to me.

But in order to be able to write a story in English, I have to be able to get the grammar and spelling right first. I've started a story, but I am too insecure to let others read it (yet). That is why I've decided to join this forum. I want to learn from your experiences and your use of the English language. Furthermore, I'd love to contribute with my (little) knowledge as a newly published author.

Thank you all for reading!

Greatings,

PersianDutch

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

You're not the first to express a sentiment about writing in English having an inherent quality that appeals to you that is different from the qualities found in another language. This always intrigues me. I too am a polyglot, and while there can be no doubt that different languages have individual "personalities" in the way they get their jobs done, all languages can express all things. Still, I often find my native Spanish to have a colorful and insouciant quality. It is a bohemian gypsy wrapped in bright silks and with a dazzling smile, but when it comes to be expressing precision and making very clear that we are speaking about this and not that, Spanish falls short.

Anyway...

Please have a quick read through the New Member Quick Start where you'll find link to the Forum Rules, and the FAQ.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.