Tags:
  1. youngwriter_11311311

youngwriter_11311311 New Member

Somewhere where only us who are cursed know of

My apologies if this isn't meant for here

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by youngwriter_11311311, Aug 31, 2008.

I wasn't quite sure if this was meant for this area but I was wondering if I could ask a couple questions.

As a writer I want to write a book about my expierience about an internet relationhip where he and I lived on opposite sides of the US. And as two lovesick teens with an unhealthy obsession with one another lie about who they are until it goes too far and they both find out the truth about the other.

So my questions are:

1. Have you read any books like this? IF so, by whom?

2. Does this sound like a good idea for a book? Why or why not?

3. Would you read a book like this? Why or Why not?

4. If I were to write this book what would be some ideas on to make it my own or different from other books that I may be in their words copying?

cydney likes this.
  2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

1. No

2. It doesn't matter what people think about the idea. All that matters is how well you write it.

3. No, this isn't my type of book. But I'm sure other people will read it.

4. Just use your own ideas and experiences to write it.

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

1. No
    2. To be honest, the story and plot is as good as you make it. Writing from personal experience may give you a head pu as you have an insight into at least one of the charectors minds, which may help. But yea, the plot is as good as you write it.
    3. No, I wouldn't pick that up on a shelf to be honest with you, I am more of a fantasy kinda gal, but that isn't to say that millions other wouldn't.
    4. I would perhaps include Emails and texts and stuff that were sent. I once read a book, actually three, which were comrpised entrely of Email copies, texts, blackberry message, recipets, etc etc. It was interesting to read.

4. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

The previous posters are right. Any story can be good or bad depending on how well you execute it. I have seen books that are told primarily through internet communication, but there are very few out there. To make it good, just contruct the story in a way that makes it really yours. Since it is going to be at least partly a true story about your life, that shouldn't be too hard. People will read anything as long as it's done well.