Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

We wants our modses!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Crazy Ivan, Jul 25, 2007.

Seriously, that's the second mod to leave, and now there'll be no one to run the Short Story competition, and since the rest of the mods are essentially never on, no one to stop annoying internet fights like the one that broke out just yesterday (You know who I'm talking about, and if you don't, PM someone about it, but don't spam up this topic asking about it).
    Thus: We need more mods.
    So whenever LP Spider gets around to actually getting on the forum and reading this, I say to him: Please hold another application-thing for mods, I'm sure we have a few fine people (like Cogito or Banzai, among others) who would make great additions to our currently depleted mod team.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I would suggest Torana, if she's willing. She'll probably kill me for this, but I honestly believe she would be great for the job.

And Ivan: I am truly flattered that you think so highly of me :)

3. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I still wouldn't mind being a mod. I've been good lately.

4. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Well, last time this happened, they had us send in application letters.
    So save it for the PM boxes, people.

5. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

So... has anyone been pestered to fill the position?

6. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

If Daniel feels the need for more mods, then he will let you know in announcements, par usual ;)

7. Banzai

I'm personally of the opinion he should. We're two down, and those who are left can't be expected to take the whole burden. Still, we must trust to Daniel's infinite wisdom, as Admin :p

8. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

By the way Ivan, the situation you are referring to was dealt with rather quickly, the thread was reported by someone and I thank him for that.

9. Banzai

Yes, well done for dealing with that guys n gals. Muchly appreciated.

10. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I profusely apologize if the following sounds rude, but sorry, I don't count four pages of childish spite and seven requests for lockage before anything happened as "rather quickly."

Most of the mods we have are not people who have no life regular members (I include myself in the no life thing, so take no offense, other regular members), which is why it would be a good idea to give modship to those who are on more often.

11. Banzai

I can't help but agree with you Ivan. We can't expect the current Mod team to devote all their time to the site when they have other comitments, but there are those who are here on a semi-permanent business, who might be able to avert some of the problems if they had moderating powers.

12. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I don't know. I didn't see it happen, but I know that wildfire spreads very rapidly. Whatever happened, and I'd just as soon not know, has been erased except in the memories of those who were ensnared in it. We would need an army of moderators to keep an around the clock watch, and frankly, that sounds like overkill to me.

Trust me, this site is very cleanly policed compared to others I've encountered.

Patience on everyone's part wil do far more to keep the flames down than a mob of mods. If you don't feed the flames, they have a hard time growing.

Just my $.02.

13. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

we still have kit and whisp they are regular. The trouble is Now Raven is on leave we are leaderless. He is by far the best Mod for this site and I dare anyone to dispute that.

I don't think we need worry about other mods for the time being the forum is filled pretty much with decent folk.

And Hulls Raven is coming back. Damn this forum needs him

But we still have Kit, and whisp seems to be a good chap. as for short story comps just let torana take it on if she's willing she already has moderator privileges in that forum section anyhow. Look at forum leaders she’s there next to the absent spherical time.

We're ok for now.

14. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Childish spite that was brought on by you guys continuing to argue with the chap. If you had just ignored it, it would have blown over.
    Surely you guys have self control, you don't HAVE to reply and really shouldn't in the case you are referring to. Also, seven requests for lockage? Why didn't you report it? I find myself asking you guys to look at this once more:
    Reporting Posts: How and why you should. - Writing Forums

Report the thread like what was eventually done.
    If you can ignore a user who is causing you problems or is asking childisly, or whatever and report it, it will be dealt with shortly

I check my inbox twice a day, so I am frequently looking for reported posts etc.

15. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

...>.> Alright, I brought that one on myself. Sorry.

16. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

It's no problem, just keep it in mind :)

17. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

So whisp has answered the problem guys report post. we don't need another moderator we know Hulls Raven is coming back and we have two active mods who i see on daily so I say plod on business as usual.

And if you see a flamer spammer then report post otherwise plod on business as usual we know what’s right and wrong those that don't simply report them and we can continue to carry on.

Crying for Mods is silly especially when really we are not desperate for them. We are responsible for our own actions and we all post here and make friends here so we don't really need to cry mod in honesty.

We can pm them and LP Spider or report post.

@whisp
    Well said whispwillow

18. Bick

Bick New Member

What second mod left us? D=

19. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

If it helps any I will volunterr to take on the shor story competitions as well. As The Reaper has said, I already run the poetry competitions, so it really is no bother to run the short story competitions as well. Provided that I get help with themes I can't see it being a problem.

Torana

20. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We have an entre thread of theme suggestions to start from.

Thank you, oh great one, for offering to take this on as well!

21. Torana

Yeah I just remembered about that :p and it is excellent that has been started up actually. It will really help me out.

And you are most welcome Cogito. Glad that I can help you all with this. I thankyou all for contributing to the themes and I hope that you all continue to do so.

Torana

22. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

yes thanks Torana your amazing in that aspect. I will help in short story were I can. If your happy to run it, thats fine. But just shout and I'll help

23. Banzai

Same goes for me, as I've already told you, Torana. Don't overwork yourself, oh Queen of the Forums :p

24. Torana

Thankyou both it is greatly appreciated and I am sure that I will have to call on the two of you at some point for your help with them.

Thanks to you both and I am just gald that I can help to keep the forum running.

25. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

I have offered my help previously for both the Poetry contest and the short story contest and that offer still stands if you need it :)

I'm sorry if any of you feel that we as moderators have let you down but we try our best. I'm on here whenever I get a spare moment, but i'm very busy and I can't watch the forums all the time and i'm sure other moderators are in the same position.

I do what I can, and I try to pull my weight. Also, I have to admit that if you send me a PM or report a post I pay more attention to those than to arguments in the threads because during the day i'm at work/6th form etc and so I don't have time to check every thread Until the evening, I only look at what is pointed out to me as a problem and I'm forced to make the assumption that everything else is running smoothly.

My emails are sent to my phone... so if a post is reported or I get a PM I know about it no matter where I am. So if sometihng is a problem, offensive or whatever... don't argue back and risk getting yourself banned too - let someone (a mod/admin) know

sorry if that sounds like a rant to anyone... i'm stressed and i'm at work lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.