Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morepages

morepages Member Contest Administrator

Past Contest Weekly Poetry Contest for the Week of 8/11/13: First Times (#237) Winner

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Poetry Contest Archives' started by morepages, Aug 14, 2013.

This week's Weekly Poetry Contest winner is [MENTION=55733]badgerjelly[/MENTION] with "There are first times and last times"! Congratulations!

The winning poem will be presented below (just as soon as I get admin permissions to move posts). Please spend the remainder of the week showering this masterpiece with praise! See you all on Friday for next week's contest!

2. badgerjelly

badgerjelly Member

Do more people usually enter this?

If not then have you thought about extending the time limit?

3. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Extending the time limit won't make a difference. Not many people write/read poetry anymore (including myself, but I am beginning to change that), so I expect the number of submissions will be quite low each time.

I was going to write a poem for the competition, but for some reason I wasn't inspired. It wasn't a bad theme, just...not inspired. :rolleyes: Next time, hopefully.

Anyway, congratulations on winning, badgerjelly! :D

4. badgerjelly

badgerjelly Member

Well that is disappointing :(

I honestly just wanted critic because for some weird reason I cannot post in the "poetry" thread. I have pm'd admin but have yet to receive a reply about this.

5. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

You have to make 20 posts and at least 2 critiques before you're allowed to post poetry or fiction to be critiqued by others. :)

6. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Congrats badgerjelly!

And while I'm here, I'd like to add that perhaps it would be better to allow more time for people to participate. I think it was previously 2 weeks, wasn't it? Allowing more time may not increase participate by a lot, but I think it should help at least a little.

7. morepages

morepages Member Contest Administrator

I am down for all suggestions to make the contests more successful. I was asked to resume the "Weekly" Poetry contests, which is why I scheduled such a short submission window. I have a lot of control here though, so I can do bi-weekly if that would be more a more productive, entertaining, and educational competition.

If so, then the next contest will be announced this Friday, with a submission window of one full week.Sound fair?

Feel free to PM me with any future suggestions for a more successful contest; I check them almost every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.