1. Rumwriter

Rumwriter Active Member

weird POV writing.

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Rumwriter, Aug 29, 2011.

Hey, my prof. just assigned a paper where we had to think of a person who annoys us and then write a paper about ourselves from their POV. Only like a page in length, but I'm having a really hard time doing this. I've tried it as a monologue by the person, and now I'm trying it as a narrative, but it's just really frustrating me.

Any suggestions?

2. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributing Member Contributor

Write it as a scene where they interact with you: where do you encounter them as they annoy you? Pick the moment you're most annoyed with them and turn it around to see why they're doing what they do.

3. popsicledeath

popsicledeath Banned

My advice is to pick a person who annoys you and the write something from their perspective.

The point isn't for it to be easy. Really, the point is exactly that it isn't easy. But it's an invaluable exercise, for fiction, essays, or just life in general, to be able to put yourself in another person's shoes and genuinely consider things from their perspective.

Basically, just do your homework, you might learn something. ;)

4. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributing Member Contributor

If it were me, I'd write it as a conversation between the annoying person and some other person.

"What's wrong?"

"I just had another run-in with Rumwriter. That guy just makes me crazy. You know what he did this time? He..."

And so on.

ChickenFreak