1. chris~

chris~ New Member

I hate writing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chris~, Dec 29, 2012.

Hi,
    im chris and i hate writing,
    yes my punctuating and spelling etc is quite bad, because smash the system :p

So, not interesting in writing...yet on a writing forum.
    what i am interesting in instead are book covers
    googling around for 5 minutes leads me to believe that this is the biggest most active writing forum by far.
    i've been on art forums before, where we get some people requesting book covers for their own written works.

Searching around on this forum lead me to only one such request on this forum.
    i know that prublishers are the ones usually hiring the artist, making the cover
    but there would probably be many people here doing amature writing without a publisher who would still like a cover.

so this intruduction is all centered around one question, are there ppl here who'd like a cover for their book....

oow to make this introduction, here is some info aobut me:

i am dyslectic, i can press random keys on photoshop, i like to eat, im dutch
    i had to write a book for english class once, wrote a script instead and didnt pass the test.
    i can write a cheesy poem, i hate dutch (as language), i study physics

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

are you offering to create covers for free?

3. chris~

chris~ New Member

Well, if there is any interest in it, i could create a thread where people request a cover. Ofcourse it's for free.
    I don't know if any of this would violate:

No advertisements may be posted, including the use of signature links for advertising, and including "free" products. Recruitment for external projects, other sites, publishing opportunities, or writing services are also considered prohibited advertising. Accounts created for advertising purposes will be permanently banned. You may contact support@writingforums.org for information on paid advertising.

The only payment I ever except for photoshop work is the charity honor system

4. Hwaigon

Hwaigon Senior Member

Second to the right, and straight on till morning.
    Wonder how far will you get with your remarks in your endeavours.

Good luck around here then.

5. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

EN:
    It's probably more interesting to ask if you enjoy reading enough to make covers for people. You'd need to read more than a few pages, in my opinion, to get a good sense of what the story is about.

NL:
    Het is waarschijnlijk interessanter om te vragen of je wel van lezen houdt. Je zal waarschijnlijk meer dan een paar pagina's moeten lezen van het werk van andere mensen om een idee te krijgen waar het verhaal over gaat en dus een mooie cover te maken.

6. sorennoah

sorennoah Member

Actually, from a technical perspective, that was a genius title and opening line to use. What better way to grab a writer's attention than to post a topic called I hate writing on a writing forum.

7. chris~

chris~ New Member

Don't like reading, I do these things for free.
    If I have to read whole parts of the books, i wont be able to do many covers.
    I think someone writing the book itself would be able to tell me the atmosphere of the book.
    He or she of all people should be the one to know

8. Hwaigon

Hwaigon Senior Member

Second to the right, and straight on till morning.
    I wasn't commenting merely on the technical perspective, from which point it's indeed attention-grabbing.

9. chris~

chris~ New Member

yes i know, im a writing genius :3

10. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to Writing Forums, Chris!

I hope you find what you're looking for here, whatever your interests in writing.

This forum aims to provide the best workshopping resources on the internet, and to that end we have a few rules which you should familiarise yourself with before you get stuck in. The main section of the site is the Writing Workshop, where members can post their writing in order to receive critique of their work.

However, before we allow members to post their work, they must have met some basic requirements. Firstly, you must have been a member for fourteen days, and have made twenty posts on the forum overall (please note, posts in Word Games do not count towards this). This is so that members, when they post their work, have familiarised themselves with the forums and contributed to them (as well as hopefully learned something for themselves). Secondly, members must provide two constructive reviews of other people's work for each piece of their own that they wish to post. This is because we believe that the focus of workshopping should be equally upon giving reviews as receiving them, as they allow a writer to practice and improve their editing skills, which they can then apply to their own writing.

Beyond the Writing Workshop, you will find that we have extensive forums for discussion of aspects of writing, as well as a community area for general discussion. We also run periodic short story and poetry contests, which are good for challenging yourself and expanding your skills.

If you have any questions or problems, then the moderators (myself, Cogito, Lemex and Dante Dases) should be your first port of call. Any technical problems with the site itself should be directed to Daniel, the site administrator and owner. I would recommend you have a look over the rules so that you know what to expect, and what is expected. But aside from that, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Banzai

11. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it's great that you do it for free... i asked the same question in your poll thread, before i saw your answer here...

what does this mean?

12. Sam Edge

Sam Edge New Member

"yes I know I'm a writing genius" .... and humble too!

13. chris~

chris~ New Member

Well, I do some photoshop work for others through different forums.
    I always offer my work for free, but some people still like to pay.
    So I ask them to donate money to a charity (WWF for example) instead of giving money to me for my work.

one of my better qualities, if I may say so :3