1. big soft moose

big soft moose Active Member

Well hello...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by big soft moose, Aug 1, 2016.

My name's Pete , I'm British but the writers forums on our side of the pond appear to be much less active than this one. I've had a few things published in magazines and newspapers and also write a lot in my day job (where i'm a team leader for the National Trust)

I'm working on 'the novel' entitled "After the wave" set in a world after a major epidemic has decimated the population - originally it was straight after but it swiftly became apparent that I was writing a less good version of 'the walking dead' so I've moved it 40 or 50 years into the future , where society has settled down into various groups who , human nature being what it is , are now fighting each other .

Sample first line "they say it started when someone fucked a monkey , if that's true I hope they had fun because they certainly shafted the rest of us"

2. Eaveah Tail

Eaveah Tail New Member

Hello Pete! Even though I'm new here too I'll say welcome. Much because as you say, our side of the pond seems fairly quiet and I believe the americans are sleeping at this point.. Maybe... Nevertheless. I'm looking forward to reading more about 'the novel'. It will be interesting to see it from the perspective of a good long while after an epidemic happened. I also enjoyed your sample line. It made me giggle.

3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hello, Pete!
    Your story looks really interesting, I look forward to seeing you around!

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi, @big soft moose, and welcome to the forum! Please read our New Member Quick Start - it'll get you going around here.

Weird. I didn't know there were moose in Britain. Oh, well. Participate, and have fun! :)

5. big soft moose

big soft moose Active Member

Thanks guys - and Minstrel only soft ones, see avatar - hes the one on the right

6. matwoolf

matwoolf Contributing Member Contributor

Hello Pete, NT - dream job. My pal was a warden, walked the beach every day. Welcome to forum :)

7. sahlmi

sahlmi Active Member

Glad to have you here, Pete.