1. Navy

Navy New Member

New Writer Here...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Navy, Feb 24, 2008.

Haha sup everyone. I've been to a lot of writing forums but this one seems to have the best community, and discussion boards that fulfill my needs. I'm from the heart of New York, and still live here. My favorite subjects are, sports (any kind that involves moving), watching tv, writing, reading, and so on. As for my username, I use it because my uncle is a marine, and I myself had some hardships in the army. Anyways, yeah sup. lol

2. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

New York City? Yankees or Mets?

3. Navy

Navy New Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply. As for teams, the mets. Half the yankees are juiced and the team is complete disarray. Joe Torre's departure is probably going to do worse than better, and the bullpen is just bad. With the addition of Johan, who's gonna stop my metropolitans?

4. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

Yeah... I'm hoping that at least one New York team can make it to the Series this year. Johan Santana should give the Mets the pitching power that they need, assuming he meshes well with the team. I'm excited about the Yankees pitching prospects though. I can't wait to see Joba as a starter in the second half of the season.

I wish that the Yankees hadn't signed Alex Rodriguez again. On top of that, they should get rid of Jason Giambi, Johnny Damon and other big money players that aren't doing their job. I want to see them focus on their farm system more instead of signing big name players.

Then again... I also think it would be nifty to see hell freeze over in my lifetime too. :\

5. Navy

Navy New Member

Joba fits in well with the yankees lineup and is one of the best pitchers they've got. A-Rod is garbage to me. I think he's juiced, and while he contributes well with all those homers, he doesn't seem like a team player guy to me. Jeter is a real team player. He's stayed with the yanks through thick and thin, and always keeps a straight face no matter how bad the season is for him.

As for the Mets, Johan should mesh well with their team. I want to see Reyes step up his game. They're generally a good team and don't have much rebuilding to do, although they didn't exactly have a "brilliant" finish last year.

6. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

Eh, yeah. It was painful for me to watch the Mets crash and burn last year too. I really didn't want to see the Phillies take the National East.

I am excited to watch the National West next year. Four good teams and one bad one should make for a really interesting season.

Jeter is a great guy, just like Posada. They need more players like that. I don't know about Rodriguez abusing performance enhancing substances, just look at the guy. I do think that he's not worth nearly as much as the Yankees pay, and that he's helping to splinter that team. Additionally, he's a joke in the post-season.

7. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums:)

8. Raven

Raven Banned

Indeed this is a good place to be.

We have what we call the best community on a writing forum.
    We also run cash prize competitions should you wish to enter.

Welcome to writing forums. Should you require any help or advice please feel free to PM myself Senior Super Mod or Admin Lpspider or Cogito.

~Raven.
    Senior Super Moderator.

9. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

Welcome to the site! This really is a great place. I have learned a lot about writing here from having my work critiqued and from reading other's work and critiques of other's work.

Hope you enjoy!

10. alvin123

alvin123 New Member

I'm also going to give you a welcome, it's always good to not be the only "new writer"
    this is definietely one of the best writing forums if you asked me

11. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hi there Navy and welcome to WF :)

12. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Navy, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

New York has a heart? ;)

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!