1. ghost_psalm

ghost_psalm New Member

Well, Howdy-Doody To Ya!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ghost_psalm, Jun 7, 2007.

New meat here, dropping in to say hello. Don't know if my posting will be that frequent here, but if I write something that I find that other people may find amusing or entertaining, it could very well be here.

So, about myself ... well, I'll be honest. I find myself to be an unusually uninteresting person. Bland, boring ... cut from the same old slab of meat. I play guitar, use Gibson, Fender, and Marshall products mostly, and was in a band until I found circumstances were not permitting of such a few weeks ago. You can't fire someone who quits, so that is essentially what I did. I love most music ... except ninety-five percent of country music. I'm big into metal, hardcore, prog-rock ... that kind of stuff. Some of my "favorite" bands are Zao, Tool (I sort of make that statement obvious), If Hope Dies, Heaven Shall Burn, Anthrax, King Crimson ... but, when you boil it all down, those aren't really "favorites" in the traditional sense; more like "most frequently listened to." I try not to have a favorite, well, anything -- it's my opinion (not a belief ... I try not to have those, either, for similar reasons as to why I don't have favorites) that a favorite something presents a standard for which you to judge all other things by, thusly making you closed minded. But, anyway, I'll climb down from the soapbox now, quit my preaching, and get on with the rest of the post.

I mostly write horror and thriller-type short stories. Stuff that messes with your head, stuff that can keep a man awake at night. I've always loved folklore, ghost stories, and tall tales since I was a kid, especially the ones that you could tag as "f**kin' creepy man!" My writing is a hobby, one that I honestly never intend to turn for profit, as I find that everything that I write lacks something that could actually wind up having a person taking it seriously, from length, to grammar, to ... well ... I'd could just go on. I find that you'll probably agree that whatever I wind up posting here will be lackluster, most likely derogative, and like the person who wrote it, cut from that same old slab of meat.

I could list the writers I read, but I want to cut things short here. This is just an introduction, not an biography.

So, to close, I guess I'll see everyone when I see them and wish them luck with whatever they do. :cool:

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

And a Howdy Doody back to you, ghost_psalm (but not a Clarabell!)

I hope you manage to visit often. We do more here than just post stories and dissect them. We also carry on conversations about sundry topics, some more clearly writing-related than others. This exchange of ideas exercises imagination and can help solve difficulties when a writer is stuck on some aspect of writing.

So by all means, step on in, put your feet up on the coffee table (we're pretty casual), read, read, read, (write), and read. And have fun!

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome.

~Raven.

4. Terry

Terry New Member

Welcome.

I'm new here too, so hope to see ya round.

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Welcome to the site! I look forward to hopefully reading some of your work.

6. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Hi there.
    Cogito covered a lot of the basics very nicely. So I'll just say hello, and I hope to see you around.
    Cheers

7. ghost_psalm

ghost_psalm New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well g-day to ya, hope you have a wonderful time here at WF.org and I will try to get around to reviewing some of you work.
    Well have fun and I will see you around the board.

~Torana

9. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Everyone's beaten me to it, but hi and welcome nevertheless!

10. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums - a bit late... but better late than never right? :D

11. ghost_psalm

ghost_psalm New Member

Kit: Why of course. :D

Torana ... you wouldn't perhaps have gotten your name from a certain car, eh? Just wondering.

12. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Welcome Ghost! I've already read some of your stuff and look forward to reading more.

Nice to have you!

13. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

hello,
    nice to see a new face around here, look forward to reading some of your work soon :)
    Heather

14. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I'm a few days late, but welcome nonetheless!