Tags:
  1. MasakiMaiden

MasakiMaiden New Member

Werewofl story plot. C&C please?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by MasakiMaiden, Dec 23, 2008.

I've been trying for a long time to think of a story that could be made into a novel for me to work on writing. I make have found a good plot for one in the confines of my head, I just need to write it out and let others poke at it to see what flaws pop up. And if while reading this you get the feeling that you've read this already, PLEASE PLEASE tell me. I hate when I ghost write things.

(Background)
    I just feel the need to point out that in this story there will be things such as PDA's, laptops, AP Physics ect. Everything that we have. Think of it as a parallel universe with the addition of another advanced species.

(Plot)

Kayla and her brother Martin and Vince spent their younger life living with their parents, Kevin and Yalin in a small farm town (Name is not yet decided). After a vicious and undocumented werewolf attack on the people of the farms in their area, Kayla, Martin and Vince, who were 14, 12 and 16 respectively, were left orphaned but changed into werewolves.
    =I'm not sure If having all of them survive but not their parents is too weird. O__o. I want it to see believable, within reason.=
    They move further west, into a city town where they attempt to live there lives peacefully. However, it seems that the ones who attacked their home before have returned and they attempt to gather them into their "pack". The family refuses at first but soon the "pack" persuades Vince and Martin, and they in turn take their sister with them to the "pack"'s home. Kayla however disagrees and she meets another with the same ideas as her. They both decide to leave but Kayla is torn over weather or not to take her brothers from the only security they have know.
    = "pack" is in quotes because I'm not sure If I wanna keep it named like this.=

yes yes. So any problems C&C I'm all for it.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no point to asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

(and yes, this is a template post, which should give you an idea of how often this comes up.)

So, you see, it really doesn't matter one whit whether anyone has seen asimilar storyline.

3. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

I have to agree with Cogito, its hard to judge the merits and shortcomings of a story when its in an abstract form. I cant tell if a baby will be a cute kid from an ultrasound picture.
    Im afraid the plot just didnt grab me, but I would be more than happy to review the first submission.

4. Tall and Weird

Tall and Weird New Member

I've found that jut doing some internet research on the topics that interest me often inspire my creativity.

Try Googling werewolves and lycnathropy and skinchangers and berserkers and anything that sounds interesting combined with them. You mentioned PDAs and various other technology - try 'lyncanthropy technology' or 'werewolf pda'.

Unfortunately, there's ain't much new under the sun but that just doesn't matter. If you write it with the words you've chosen to tell in with, it will be original enough.

5. Anir

Anir New Member

In a place where the forces of space and time have
    I think it sounds fine and I'd certainly give it a read, but the thing is, when you strip something down to the bare bones, it will always sound like a ripoff of something, so the best thing to do is just start writing it, and then have people say what they think of it.

6. TragicJuliet

TragicJuliet New Member

I think as long as you want to write you should write it! Noone ever said you can't edit or change it later or when ever you want!