1. deadrats

deadrats Active Member

Jul 7, 2016
    What about the stamps?

Discussion in 'Publishing' started by deadrats, Aug 3, 2016.

Okay, I'm not sure what to do or if there is anything I can do, but it would appear as though I forgot to put the stamps on some of my SASE that I sent out with a bunch of submissions. I am just realizing this now after everything has been mailed. I had run out of stamps midway through putting my submissions together. So, I went out and got new stamps but somehow forgot to use them. I sent out a pretty big batch, and I have no idea who got a SASE and who got my submission minus the postage needed to give me an answer. Is there anything I can do at this point? I'm guessing in a year or so I can assume there's no interest from anywhere I didn't hear from. Without a SASE, will my submission still get read? Or just recycled for not following directions? My contact info is on everything. I'm just not sure how this sort of thing gets handled in the publishing world. And I imagine it could vary greatly depending on who is opening the mail or reading the submission. Maybe?

Have you ever done something stupid like this? Like there's not enough reasons to reject me without this. I had to work up a bunch of nerve to get these out. Now, I'm feeling pretty foolish with a brand new book of stamps.
  2. terobi

terobi Active Member

May 20, 2015
    It will probably vary according to who opens it - but if it's good news, it wouldn't make a lot of difference.

I'm not sure exactly how the postal system works where you're from, but here in the UK, if something gets posted without a stamp, the most that happens is you get a card through the door telling you that you have to go to the collection office and pay for it there.

Hell, if it's REALLY good news, I doubt they'd mind paying to post one extra letter.