1. atsgtm2018

atsgtm2018 Member

Side Project

Discussion in 'The Craft of Writing Poetry' started by atsgtm2018, Oct 24, 2016.

I'm working on a side project while I'm still editing my aspiring novel. I think it's a nice break. However, being new to this I don't how to classify it. The best way I can describe it, is it's like Ram Dass book "Be Here Now", in terms of format. It's not a bunch of spiritual quotes, but similar. It's compilation short quotes, written letters, and conversations, with one theme in each one, some themes are existential I guess. It's basically me venting these separate ideas that swirl around my head without putting each one into a book. I wouldn't call it poetry because I doubt I'm following structure rules. I'm just writing really. Tell me anything you can about how long these types of things are, can these types of works get published? Rules I need to follow, etc. or maybe if you have any expeirance in such works.