1. Owen Wilson

Owen Wilson Banned

What are the best ways to lose weight?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Owen Wilson, Oct 19, 2011.

Hello guys I am here to know the best techniques to lose weight. I have gained so much weight and want to lose it. Please tell me the diet plans and exercises which help me in losing weight.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

the best way i've ever found in my 73 years is to eat a decent breakfast and a good 'dinner' around 2pm and then not eat anything after 3pm...

that way, you're up and about and burning off the food you've eaten, instead of eating 'supper' after your daily activity is over and all you do after that is sit around and then sleep, while all that 'supper' turns into fat...

if you do that and do some routine exercises to tone up muscles, you can lose a pound a day!

turning vegetarian and eating no fattening stuff will also make you healthy and lose even more weight...

3. Annûniel

Annûniel Contributor Contributor

Burn more calories than you eat. Though that's a lot harder than it sounds. There are plenty of free calorie counters available online to help you track how much you eat and how much you burn per day. My dad lost somewhere between 50-70 pounds on one such program. I forget which exactly though.

Eating smaller meals more frequently throughout the day will help prevent overeating, but losing weight is hard because it goes against your body's normal functions. You may want to check out the Get Fit thread here on the forums. You'll likely get good advice there, too. Good luck!

4. TheSpiderJoe

TheSpiderJoe New Member

A simple and effective way to lose weight is to check out your caloric intake necessities and start counting calories.

A quick way to start burning off pounds is to manage your carb intake by day. One trick I've used is to consume no more than 100g of carbs a day and space them out like so:
    60 carbs or less for breakfast
    30 carbs or less for lunch
    10 carbs or less for dinner.

Carbs retain water weight and make you feel bloated. Eating more carbs in the morning allows you to burn more of them off during the day whereas eating more carbs at night will make you retain more water and therefore feel heftier.

5. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I lost almost 40 pounds by going with macrobiotics (plus I felt better all around). Very flexible, very healthy, very tasty. :) Swimming is considered one of the best exercises, as it uses just about every muscle, but brisk walking (not jogging) is also very good.

Good luck. :)

6. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Weigh some Weights. Do crunches. Run around a track. Something.

7. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Tell yourself you can eat anything, just as long as it doesn't contain added sugar or white flour--and whenever you're hungry, have a drink of water and eat a piece of fruit or raw/steamed vegetable. The pounds will drop off.