1. colorthemap

colorthemap New Member

Gaddafi Dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colorthemap, Oct 21, 2011.

Has anyone seen the pictures? Thoughts on what his death will cause?

TITLE CHANGE PLEASE:Moammar Gadhafi Dead

2. shyxter

shyxter New Member

I hope it will serve as a warning to all dictators that ruling with an iron-hand will cause their tragic downfall in the end.

3. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

I heard about him getting killed, but i have no clue when it comes to pictures. They could be on Fox News or something.

4. walshy12238

walshy12238 New Member

Someone told me he was killed after he got dragged out of a sewer, but that's all I know.
    Research time!

5. cleo

cleo New Member

A just end to another tyrant. Funny how Gadhafi and sadam hussein were both caught in similar places. Like dogs!

6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I'm glad it was the Lybians who killed him, after all the hell he put them through.

Now Lybia can heal. Hopefully the right people will go secure a new peace and freedom for Lybia.

7. Fantasyphanatic

Fantasyphanatic New Member

I saw a video on CNN but it was graphic so I stopped watching it a few seconds into it. The rebels think Gadhafi was an animal, well after what I saw them doing to him, there just the same kind of animal. He was killing own people, but the rebels took it too far of what they did to him when they captured him, they should have handed him over to NATO forces. And do they really want democracy? (Rolls eyes to self). These people have no idea the true definition of democracy. According to Dictionary.com, democracy is "government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system." To the rebels, it's let's put one of our one in power once Gadhafi is dead, and then we'll have another uprising and ask for NATO's help when we want to get rid of him. The Middle East will never fully experience what we American's have and our way of living.

8. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

As much as i hate to admit it, your right. I find it sad that they are that way. My dad tells me this everytime something like this happens. When will the Middle East ever learn?

9. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Okay, yes, what the rebels did was a bit too extreme, but I can understand why they did this.

Quadaffi is dead. Now we shall hope they find a ruler that'll secure future peace for Lybia.

10. colorthemap

colorthemap New Member

Of course the official announcement was that it was an accident and that he was meant to be captured. But does that really mean anything? No, not really. What's done is done, we, the world, just has to wait for Libya's next candidate to take the seat of power. Nothing happened with Mubarak and Egypt why Gaddafi and Libya?