1. SANSHA

SANSHA New Member

need help with plot / locations

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by SANSHA, Mar 7, 2011.

hi,

i am writing this novel mostly based upon the Islamic terrorism problem in India.
    its a work of fiction and some chapters are based in London and other parts of Europe.

now i need help from someone who can help me with the locations in london and a few other places in Europe.

any assistance shall be highly appreciated.

best regards,

sansha

2. Dandroid

Dandroid New Member

seriously...other than getting guidance toward sources...you are better off doing some googling...

3. Porcupine

Porcupine Member

What sort of places do you need, exactly?

Are you looking for cities? In that case I would recommend Wikipedia and Google Maps.

Are you looking for famous sights? Or industrial plants?

4. SANSHA

SANSHA New Member

Dear Por'

Thank you for your suggestion.
    The scene is a bit tricky - i tried googling but its not working out.
    i need "insider info" like how to get a false passport,how do the mafia [underworld] operate in europe - mainly UK, FRANCE AND GERMANY - how does one cross over to the islamic states from europe - bribing officials - contating criminals.
    i need intricate details about the cultural diffrences between the east europern countries.

The plot is very simple - the protagonist is trapped withing the chasm of islamic terrorist and must complete a very dangerous task assigned to him - in order to save his family. he has to travel to europe to complete the assignment and the turn of events leave him "penniless and passport less " now he must secure the deal and at the same time get out before the mafia catch up on him.

i need escape routes and shady hotels etc etc - i hope u can get my drift.

regards

sansha

5. Porcupine

Porcupine Member

I'm afraid I don't know anybody who could sell a false passport. :p

I also cannot tell you very much about the situation in UK or France. Concerning Germany - can you read German? If so, I could simply pass you on to the appropriate organizations, where you can read up in detail on the background.

For example, a report on "islamist" terrorist activity (amongst other things) can be found here http://www.verfassungsschutz.de/download/SHOW/vsbericht_2009.pdf and a report on organized crime in the state of Niedersachsen (for example) can be found here http://www.mi.niedersachsen.de/download/34102.

Perhaps you can run those through a translator if you can't read them.

Apart from that, some general information. In Germany, I suppose a concentration of the different mafias will most easily be found in the red light districts of the cities, or in the usually a little shady areas around the main train stations.

The Italian mafia operates out of Italian restaurants and Italian food stores, but it is very small and mostly concerned with the Italians living in Germany. The Russian mafia is considerably more present, especially in drugs and human trafficking, they would probably also be most likely to be able to provide a fake passport of some sort. Beyond those two, Albanians are also very active in this area, and then (at least according to that report I just read) there are Turkish and Lithuanian crime cartels. It's not particularly easy to find large German crime groups, although the large "motorbike clubs" do qualify.

For all crime organizations from Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, and in fact also for some islamist terrorist groups, Germany is their European hub. Lots of stuff comes in and goes out through Germany.

6. SANSHA

SANSHA New Member

thanks ! the reports were a great help.
    strangely, germany IS the hub but there is so little available on the government's check on islamic terrorism.

now, another question, which university in the UK is most likely to be a breeding ground for radical islamic student movement /

rgds