What are you best at?

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Gallowglass, May 12, 2009.

1. Unsavory

Unsavory Active Member

It's easier to think of the things I'm bad at, which I'm not saying to be negative. The areas where I need to improve just tend to get the most focus from critics, as I'm sure is the case with most people. As morbid as it is and based on my own observations, I seem to be able to wrap my mind around death pretty well. I wrote a short story recently that I'm pretty happy about, and I'll see where it goes.

2. Okie

Okie New Member

I'm best at letting my imagination run wild. Sometimes it happens and I don't even notice. I'll start out writing one thing and end up with a scene I didn't even know was going to happen.

My weakness: sticking to the plan. I go nilly willy all over the place, screw the plot, it's not my boss.

3. vanhunks

vanhunks New Member

Writing character. I think I've always been strongest in that department. I'm taking a course in short story writing and my tutor thinks I write dialogue well, while I've always thought myself a kluts in dialogue writing. I also like to create quirky and unique characters.

vanhunks

4. BillyxRansom

BillyxRansom Active Member

I would like to speak to those of you who are best at creating in-depth settings and descriptions. Because I'm terrible at that.

In fact, I'm not really sure what I'm best at. :confused:

5. xLucyx

xLucyx Banned

Hmmm...I'd say writing 'quiet' scenes...e.g. when a character is walking alongside a river. I don't do action well at all, but I'm usually fairly satisfied with my writing after finishing a quiet scene.

6. kazukifafner

kazukifafner New Member

Hmm . . . well, I've been told that I'm pretty good with descriptions, characters with depth, and character relationships; but who knows, they could be wrong (never really been critiqued by people other than my friends, family, and fellow forum-goers).

7. Suomyno

Suomyno Member

From critiques I've gotten, apparently my descriptions are good... from my point of view, procrastination is my strong point.