1. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

Vaping

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by T.Trian, Apr 8, 2013.

Are there folks here into e-cigarettes? I used to smoke for fun since I was, oh, 13 or so, but never regularly; usually at parties or if I just happened to be in the mood for a smoke. The downsides were the stinky clothes/hair/breath, the taste, and, being a bit of a sports nut, the hindering effects on oxygen intake. Then I found electronic cigarettes and never looked back: gone are the stinky clothes, the bad aftertaste, and now I can vape for a while before boxing practice, go train, and not notice anything different than if I hadn't vaped prior to the training session. What's not to like if you're into smoking? Especially since now I don't have to go out to the porch and into the cold to do it without stinking up the house. I especially like vaping while writing.

I use EGo batteries, cartomizers (I think the current ones I got are Kangers, but I use LR cartos by many different manufacturers, haven't noticed any big differences except between LR and regular cartos) and two juices from Liberty Flights Original line: the Highway (cigarette flavor that doesn't taste anything like cigarettes, but tastes still good) and vanilla. I know, my gear isn't the most high-end, but the EGo batteries do what I want them to do, one lasts an almost full day, and I get all the throat hit I want from them and the LR cartos, so I haven't felt the need to explore mods or more expensive gear.

Anyhoo, any other vapers out there?

2. Gonki

Gonki New Member

Does vaping help in writing? :confused:

3. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I've considered them, but haven't really researched much. My biggest question would be taste - just like there are brands of cigarettes I couldn't stand because of taste, I'd hate to invest in this and then find either no taste or something crappy.

4. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Hey shadow - you can buyer e-cigs with cartridges just like your fave brand! The e-cig with charger is about ten euro and packs of cartidges are about half that for 20 - 1 lasts a day - not really much of an investment

5. T.Trian

Does having a cup of coffee, a soda, or listening to music help in writing?

shadowwalker, you can also buy small bottles of the liquids so you can try out a bunch of different flavors and that way find the ones you like. I've had a couple of misses, but since they were just small bottles, it was no biggie. And even they weren't horrible, just not something I'd order again.

6. John Eff

John Eff New Member

E-cigs are something I've been considering for a while. I had a tug on my brother's and ... I'll start that again ... I sampled my brother's e-cig and it didn't quite give the hit a normal smoke does, and I wasn't overly impressed. But perseverence is probably the key, especially given the freedoms they give.

Of course, I could always give up altogether.

7. T.Trian

John, might've been a case of too mild liquid. They come in different nicotine contents and generally the higher the nic, the stronger the throat hit. I find that 14mg is roughly the equivalent of... I'd say something between Marlboro Reds and Lights as far as throat hit goes.

8. John Eff

John Eff New Member

Thanks for the heads-up, TT. 14mg sounds about right and I'll bear it in mind when/if I recant.