1. Tomlan

Tomlan Member

Hello WF,

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tomlan, Jul 4, 2016.

This is a big hello to all users on the WF.

I have been using this forum for a while now for common questions and for a bit of inspiration, but have only just now made myself an account.

A quick summary of me; I am an engineer, but spend a lot of my time writing. My love for writing stems from a very inspirational English teacher at school, since then I have been writing a lot of action/drama work (sometimes with a hint of fantasy for seasoning), mostly plot-driven but I can't help but get into the minds of my characters. I am currently writing my first novel, I have been at it for about half a year now and I am enjoying this so much that I am toying with the idea of getting it published.

Please introduce yourselves, and hopefully we can all help each other and share our enjoyment for this rather wonderful activity.

bonijean2 likes this.
  2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hi Tomlan, I really like your picture! I'm I.A. and I'm currently writing a fantasy/ historical character study novel. I look into what influence upbringing has on my two main characters while working at their aims- rescuing parents, finding out who they are and 'fulfilling' prophecies. Its a little bit of a mess and I'm on my seventh first draft. You sound like you're getting on a lot better!

3. Terrie000

Terrie000 Member

Hey there, I just joined last week or so. Currently working on fantasy, inspired by mostly video games such as Warcraft/Starcraft... although I have never really read LotR, but my book is something similar to those stories I mentioned. I write for fun, for myself, so I'm glad that is no stress for me to make sure I get a million sells or I have to get it done by tomorrow... it's going to take me yearssssSSSSSS, looking forward to a long term relationship here at WF!

4. Tomlan

Tomlan Member

Hi IA! That sounds like it will be an interesting read, definitely the type of book that I read so once you're done I'd be excited to read it!
    I don't know about getting on better, mine is on the second draft (with some chapters being on their third) I do so try to write my story in order, but I actually wrote the last chapter of my book first, then went back to the beginning, I'm now in the middle. If I could help it I would but I get an idea for where the story will go or end up and I just have to write it. It makes it fun, but it would be nice to be able to write chronologically!

bonijean2 likes this.
  5. Tomlan

Tomlan Member

Hello Terrie! I was quite an avid player of warcraft up until a few months ago (work and writing meant I could dedicate enough time to justify the subscription) and love the storylines in blizzard games.
    As for no rush, that is a good thing, I don't think writing is one of those things that people do for the money (except maybe some blogs). And you can always tell when someone writes for the love of it through the depth and inspiration in their stories.
    I wish you luck in your long-term project, and I am sure we will bump into each other on the forums as I too intend to be around for quite a while! :)

Terrie000 likes this.