1. randomme1

randomme1 Member

Need new book suggestion

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by randomme1, Aug 25, 2012.

Hello I need some help picking out a new/good series of books to read. I am looking for a good post-apocalyptic series to read. Preferably long, very long. I would prefer a non religious one, but if the story overshadows the religousness then I won't have a problem with it. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong forum but I had no idea where else to put it! :D

FYI the reason I need a new/good series to read is because this helps me get inspiration and see how a good post-apocalyptic series is done. I am in the middle of writing my own post-apocalyptic series, and I plan on it being a very long one. It's not going to be one of the Revelations/Rapture type of post-apocalyptic, so I would prefer if I could find one that doesn't have religion in it, or atleast one that isn't dripping in the biblical messages and prophecies. So any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

2. maidahl

maidahl Banned

The Sword of Shannara is a 1977 epic fantasy novel by Terry Brooks.
    Original Shannara Trilogy

3. IronDragon

IronDragon New Member

I can recommend S.M. Stirling the Emberverse series. The first book in it is DIES THE FIRE. Religion (a couple of religions actually) plays an important role in the storyline book but it is in no way a religious book.

4. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

Did you read The Passage by Justin Cronin? The follow up was just released. And they are plenty long.

5. WhiteInk13

WhiteInk13 New Member

How about Gone by Micheal Grant? It's YA but it's still really good. The sequel is a little slow though... But the first one is awesome