What do you do besides writing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Scarecrow28, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Tony.K

Tony.K New Member

I play chess and read.

2. maddiemae

maddiemae Member

Wow, you all are a busy bunch. I used to be. I played intercollegiate volleyball and basketball when I was a young 'un, way back when, on scholarship. That was a great opportunity. My real sport, though, was softball, my passion! First base and center field. I'm a lefty. Now, after raising 4 kids, two who are disabled, I am back in college to finish my Communications degree. I have a degree in Behavioral Science ( my family tells everyone I spent a lot of money just to get a BS degree they got for free - ha ha). I also volunteer at the local pregnancy center and go see my grandsons in Seattle as often as I can. They call me gramma candy because (of course) I always take them candy when I go see them. They live 6 hours away, so bribing them with candy has kept me near and dear to their little hearts. It really works!

3. Gladiatus

Gladiatus New Member

I am pretty busy-ish. Well not now as its summer :p

Normally in a week I do loads.

I train karate 3 times a week. Usually have 2 or 3 "soccer" matches to referee. College. Background reading on the fascinating history of the Roman Empire. Normal reading. TV and my playing with my brother. I used to be a swimmer but ive given up with that. I will be having motorbike lessons in september after my birthday :)

Oh and I am currently re-watching the entire 176 episodes of Star Trek DS9, I am 47 in lol :D

4. Alone And Tired

Alone And Tired New Member

About 2 and a half to 3 years. I play a Fender Precision from 1982 which is my pride and joy hehe :D
    Yourself?

5. tehuti88

tehuti88 New Member

Take nature photos, read, upload/download things online, type up other things like dreams, walk around outside with the cat, think about writing. Nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid, but that's life when you're socially anxious, friendless, and housebound.

6. AnonymousWriter

AnonymousWriter New Member

Unfortunately school...:(
    But apart from that most of my time is taken up by sports.

7. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

Tell me about it...:(

8. Gladiatus

Gladiatus New Member

Here here :(

9. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

School starts tomorrow!

10. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Uni

and World of Warcraft

Arghaha.

11. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

Well, let's see....

Nowadays I don't do much because I'm stuck in a new home where I can't go anywhere without a car and I'm far away from most known places to even walk to, but I walk anyways. I'd rather ride a bike since I like to ride them but both my bikes are broken so that sucks.

I like to learn new things about upcoming movies and stuff and I'm a fanatic about superheroes, anime, and some manga (not fan-crazy enough to dress up as anyone though, that's just ridiculous). Before TDK came out I've been collecting a lot of Batman stuff because he's my favorite superhero and I hope to maybe build a Batsignal on the ceiling of my room to serve as a light to turn on and off.

Sorry, got off topic :D

Anywho, I love listening and collecting music (trying to fill up my 80GB iPod) and I hope to learn how to place acoustic guitar so I can write a song for my gf. I try to spend as much time with her as possible and when she needs me I'm usually there for her so that's a side thing from writing.

I used to play a lot of video games but over the course of 2 years it's died down to just playing Guitar Hero and some fighting games (don't own any next-gen consoles).

I like the outdoors and I wish I lived in northern California where it is almost never hot.

12. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I paint, and half-heartedly work on a comic that I might put on the web one day. I also write music with my boyfriend. And I'm learning to knit.

The rest of the time, I work retail.

13. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I've been playing about a year now. Sounds like a pretty legit instrument! I have a basic 5-string black Ibanez.

14. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Besides work which I prefer to forget, I basically live on the sound side of island with the beach on the other side. (At least it used to be an island before they built this pesky new bridge.)

Anyway, most of what I like to do involves the river and the beach... jet skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, fishing. We go clamming and have a lot of clambakes in the summer and oyster roasts in the winter.

I go out to a sandbar near the house often and dig up sand dollars for my mom who likes to paint pictures on them to give away for gifts. On land, hmm, I love tennis and last year I got into working out at the gym so I could get arms like Sarah Conner but it hasn't happened yet. Too bad I can't get the Terminator to come train me. :)

15. CDRW

Dang it, I hate people that have easy access to water.

16. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Wipes away a tear before bawling uncontrollably - "CDRW ha..ha...hates me."

17. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

You live in Utah. Don't you have the Great Salt Lake?

18. CDRW

I don't hate you. I just hate your beaches and your fishes, and the fact that they aren't here. I mean, I have the 37th largest lake in the world at only a 45 minute drive from where I am, but it's absolutely worthless. No fish, it stinks to high heaven, it's got so much green stuff growing in it at the shores that it's more like jello than water, and you can't go boating on it because the salt ruins the machinery. Even scuba diving wouldn't be any fun because it's so muddy and the bottom is as flat as a dinner plate.

Please send me an ocean? I mean, you have so much that you couldn't possibly miss just a little bit of it.

19. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

I've got until next Monday until it starts. *sigh* :mad:

20. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I work full time as a Sofware Engineer. I also enjoy cooking, hiking, photography, freshwater fishing, snorkelling, modelbuilding, and occasionally mess around with other hobbies liek oil painting.

I also read a lot (big surprise), and watch a lot of television (latgely but not exclusively science fiction).

Life's just too darned short.

21. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

I work as a Project Manager in my home office which actually consists of a small desk that I roll into my living room so I can have the t.v. on in the back ground while I work. I also enjoy working out, cycling, hiking, and hanging out with my husband and 6 animals!

22. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Still in school, so that's mainly what I do. I also love playing video games, playing trumpet, playing airsoft matches with my friends, and walking/jogging to music.

23. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos New Member

I work full time as an SQL Programmer. I enjoy working with databases but am ready for something else.

I don't get to write too much at this point but am spending more time writing and less time playing Fate these days. I play chess online and participate in various online forums, mostly parenting forums.

I enjoy building things with our large collection of Lego bricks and then playing with my children with what we've built. We currently have 5 large castles in the living room and 3 or 4 large ships.

I love playing computer games and often get distracted by them when I should be cleaning the house. Every Saturday I end up spending hours folding/hanging the clean clothes so that we (me and my 4 children) have clothes for the next week in our closets and drawers.

I'm also a primary teacher at church and a cubmaster and so spend time teaching and helping children too.

24. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

At the moment as it is the holidays, I am spending about five hours a day writing, five hours a night out, possibly half on hour on the computer and about ten hours sleeping. The remianing hours are filled with eating, watching TV, reading the Harry Potter series again, the usual.

In my spare time I read, sing, dance, go to school when I am there, go out a lot with my mates which invloves lots of swings, drinking and random walking around streets. That's about it ...