What Do You Fear?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by soujiroseta, Sep 3, 2008.

1. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

I fear spiders mainly. Always have, since I was a kid. Also snakes, bugs, crickets, centipedes etc.

Being a teenager I think I'm going through a stage of having a sort of a paranoid social conscience. I take a lot self wrongdoings to heart, so I think I've become a bit paranoid about doing something wrong for fear of social rejection, even though there is the very true 'everyone makes mistakes' cliche.

I used to be terrified of public speaking, and generally used to be a shy person. I did a public speaking course in 2007 and I think that's been a terrific benefit and I'm almost completely over the fear of public speaking, but I'm also a bit more outgoing as well because of it.

Heights. I remember having a dream (when I was 5) of a headless man in a brown jacket throwing me off a skyscraper... But I am perfectly OK with flying, that was until one of the TV channels started showing ads for 'air crash investigation.'

2. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

Speaking of airplanes.
    I'm afraid of flying over water.
    Even though I've only been on a plane once in my life which I can't remember that well... but the thought of it just freaks me out.
    Or even being in a ship over the ocean, really. Even though I love the ocean - it creeps me out. x)