What do you want to be when you grow up?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jaclyn, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Leader of the world.
    Failing that an important Canadian politician.
    I like politics, and I like talking to crowds, so its a good mix.
    Failing that, I'll just travel the world teaching English (for money) to people, until I decide to retire.

I would hate working in any job that uses a lot of chemicals, or dirt. I like cleanliness, I've spent 8 years in various dirty jobs, and my skin is way too sensitive to chemicals.

2. HellOnEarth

HellOnEarth Banned

I thought we all wanted to be a writer.

Heh-heh.. heh

:(

3. Evelyn

Evelyn New Member

Wearing the wig is considered a priviledge?

Seriously, I always thought it would put people off: "Man, I'd love to be a barrister, but that whole wig thing... I'll be going gray soon enough as it is."

- Evelyn

(PS. But then, I wouldn't have thought that anyone would ever watch Cricket of their own free will, so what do I know? :)

4. Evelyn

Evelyn New Member

Uh, Bob?

(As long as you're in the 4+2=10 part of the universe, at least) you might want to steer away from career options like "Mathematician" or "Accountant." :) :) :)

:) Evelyn

(PS. Those people I know who did college plus law school tended to come in at about the 7-year mark.)

5. Evelyn

Evelyn New Member

Me, too, Hello; me too.

Come meet me under the Sour Grape arbor in the Garden Of Disillusionment, and we can regale each other with all our latest story ideas...

(...and discuss how best to to punctuate the paired sentence fragments above :)

- Evelyn

6. bobjob25

bobjob25 New Member

I wasn't addind 4 and 2, I was saying 4 + years. Being able to complete a traditional '4 year degree' is rarely done in 4 years around here. I won't recieve my Bachelors for at least 6 years, maybe 6 1/2 (I am double majoring right now and need substantially more credits to graduate). Then with grad school most people I know who decide to go also have to work full time to manage themselves financially, so completing a full time schedule of work plus a full time schedule of school would be a difficult task.

Sorry if I confused you, but I didn't mean for you to add those 2 numbers!

7. ItalianStallion

ItalianStallion New Member

a
    cop

8. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Once I've gone to university and have my degree, I hope to teach modern foreign languages (French and Spanish) in secondary school.

I love the idea so much that for the last 6 months i've been helping out at the school where i'm in 6th form and have been working with year 8 and 9 for 5 hours a week to get an idea of what its like for real and I love it :D

For the moment though... i'd take any paid job I could get. I have lots of voluntary experience, and I have good grades but no one seems to want to take me on because i'm not flexible enough around school :(

9. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

oh?... which one? ;-)

10. Isis

Isis New Member

I'd like to be a physicist who writes oddball scifi on the side. I can't think of any other training for understanding the weirdness and wonders of the universe-at-large ;]

11. Myst

Myst Active Member

I want to be the alchemist who actually discovers the philosopher's stone. Tada! All monetary problems solved.

12. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Actually my neice told me (who is only four) that she wants to be a butterfly when she grows up or be a doctor cause it is fun hitting people on the knee to see if it moves......(not fun for those she attacks, ya end up with bruises all up and down your legs)

~Torana