1. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

War genre

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by rhduke, Sep 8, 2013.

I was wondering if it's possible to have another genre in the workshop for war/military stories? I mean if other people think it's a good idea. I think there have been more wartime stories in General that would merit its own subforum, more than in Western and Mystery. It'd be nice to have one place where I could read them.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I'd support an action/military section in the Workshop. There doesn't seem to be any subforum there that covers that.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I second the support. Western has exactly 3 posts since the beginning of the forum. :oops:

4. DPVP

DPVP Active Member

i think that sounds like a great idea

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

That's my concern with adding new Workshop forums. People requested Western so I added it, but it's not really used. Is war/military popular enough to warrant it's own subforum?

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Hm.... There is a truth in that concern...

7. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Does it cost any extra to maintain subforums? Is the Western subforum a drag on everything else? If not, then it probably doesn't matter if there are unused subforums. Unless, of course, they're a pain in the butt to set up in the first place.

I don't see a problem with just using the General Fiction subforum for anything genre (including war/military) that doesn't have a subforum of its own.

8. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

Western is kind of a ghost town genre to begin with. Maybe not western movies... I understand your reluctance which is why I wanted people to show support for it if they can see themselves writing/reading it. I would definitely support the forum with my own stories and I've seen other members show interest in the genre. To extend the reach you could call it "War and Politics" or maybe "War and History". We can wait for more supporters if you like but I'm sure the subforum would do fine. I just don't like how stories get buried in General.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013