Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

What happened to the Chatbox?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by SeaBreeze, Jan 5, 2008.

Just wondering what happened to the chatbox- seems to have disappeared. What happened for it to be removed? oh well. Just a general queastion really.

2. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

In my quest for complete domination, there were necessary... casualties. The voice of the people must be silenced in order for them to listen to reason. All in the basic elements of dictatorship.

3. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

What? o_O

You are odd! No, really, do you have any idea what happened or why it was taken away? was it because we spent too much time in the chatbox rather than the writing section of this writing forum?

4. adamant

I doubt that. Torana and the rest of the staff were in there just as often, and it's not like we can't make another. Besides, no one can force us to write, nor would deleting the chatbox accomplish that.

And no... I don't know where it went, nor do I know why. (Other than what was stated above.) Maybe it's like a groundhog's day... but with the chatbox.

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

oh. Ok then. Thanks oh so eteeemed leader! :p

Can I be made a general of something?

6. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

There was a chatbox? Sounds cool. Bring it back!

7. adamant

It's just where we (forcibly) corralled ourselves when speaking on random topics. Nothing special, just there so a new thread didn't pop up every other second.

8. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Ultimately it was a pointless thread where members seemed to up their post counts for the sake of it.

9. Nadala

Nadala Banned

True, true, However I thought it was good for the sake of getting to know other members. Isn't that the point of a forum?

10. adamant

No, that's what the "What are you listening to?" thread was for Hulls and Gannon. :p

11. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

It hasn't been moved, it must have been deleted. I'll look into it.

12. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Thanks for that :)

13. Bluemouth

Please tell me who did it so I can give them some positive reputation.

14. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Does it really matter if it was removed or not. Maybe start one in the word games so that it doesn't add to the post count if that is the main problem.

I don't post in there to raise my post count. I post in there to have conversation with people and couldn't care less if it adds to my post count or not. Our posts counts mean nothing other than the fact that we have been around the forum for some time and are active on the forum.

If you want a new chatbox and they are complaining about the post count raising because of it then just simply put it in the word games. It isn't a word games thing but who cares so long as it is somewhere for people to chat.

If anything it will cause more random and useless threads to be created in the lounge in my opinion. So maybe start it in the word games or make it so that it doesn't add to the post count somehow.

<just my two cents worth>

15. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

OI! the chatbox was fun- I enjoyed chatting there without hijacking other threads!

Sorry you felt that way but yeah, at least it kept us from hijacking other threads. Even though it does happen!

16. Torana

I don't think that is a very appropriate thing to say honestly. The chatbox was good to spend time talking with members about how there day was and so forth. Why is that such a problem?

Is it so bad that we are so greatly into being a community and friendly?

I guess so! Maybe we should stop being so friendly then, if it is causing such a problem!

17. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

Bluemouth, I don't know who did it. If it's been deleted, I can't see it :) You'll have to wait for another mod to get online.

18. Torana

Actually no, it isn't really. The point of the forum is for writers of all ages and ethnics can come together and work on their writing skills, ask for help, etc.

Getting to know each other is just one of the things that happens in the process. But it is a writingforum, not a friendship forum.

Sorry to put it so blunt but it is the truth.

19. Bluemouth

Then why are you saying the Chatbox is such a large omission?

Without starting an argument, the Chatbox was never necessary. We have a whole category titled 'The Lounge' where members can create threads and post about whatever they like.

The simple fact is, at least every page within the Chatbox contained numerous posts that were simply unnecessary. Thinking back a couple of weeks ago there was the random discussion involving chainsaws that went on for a few days. What purpose did that serve to our writing community? Without the Chatbox hopefully there will be some proper discussion within topical threads (which is what the Lounge is really all about - topical conversation away from writing, involving the community, not off-topic one-liners and banter that, even though it's not intended, serve as post count raisers). Honestly, most of what went on in the Chatbox was babyish and I think you will find that this is why it was deleted.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but that's the truth.

20. Torana

You have made some very valid points there Bluemouth. But at the same time I found that within those conversations it actually helped to get me past my writers block. So how can it all be a total waste?

Who cares about psot counts though. They don't mean anyting really. Not like the world will end once a member gets a higher post count then the next.

21. adamant

Banzai's world kinda seemed to end though...

22. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Blue Mouth- WHO CARES! the thing is, chatbox is good so that we don't hijack other threads and start a gazzilion of threads with no meaning. Honestly, the only reason why I bothered sticking around in this place is because I like quite a few of the members.

If LP or another mod deleted the thread, then so be it. I was just posing a question as to what happened to it and a reason behind it's disappearence. I wasn't complaining or being whiny. Just a wondering question.

If you didn't like it and figure it to be babyish then that's your deal. You didn't need to post in it and that's fine. I mean, I rekon the chatbox was fun and did bring a certain something to the forum. Yes it's a writing forum but to be honest, a few people here would probably be bored if the chatbox wasn't here.

But hey...

~Doz.

23. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

ROFLMAO!

24. Bluemouth

Thank you, Torana. I'm very pleased to see you could understand where I was coming from in this thread because I didn't want to start an argument. I know a lot of what was said in there also was helpful to both yourself and other members.

DOZ, I think it's good to share different viewpoints on this issue. Who knows, perhaps you'll get it back or another form of it.

25. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

And BY the By, if they wanted to delete useless thread, then why not get rid of the lounge all together? I mean, half of this is useless crap. So delete the lounge. Then see how many people stick around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.