1. Strategos1618

Strategos1618 New Member

What is a scene exactly? In movies that is.

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Strategos1618, Jul 21, 2013.

I wish to know what exactly a scene is, what the characteristics are, how to accurately tell whether something is a scene or not. The abstract or concept of a scene.
    I would also like examples if possible, perhaps from Kill Bill Vol. 1 if possible as I have it on hand.

Thank you.

2. hughesj

hughesj Member

I don't know how to explain a scene. I guess it is just a section of the movie/book where one particular event happens. If you want to get an example go read a play like Romeo and Juliette because they clearly show the scenes

3. sanco

sanco Contributing Member

Are you talking in terms of screenwriting? Scenes would be determined by wherever you put the scene heading; usually, it's based on location/time changes.

Eg. The Bride's fight with the Crazy 88 would be one big scene that's distinguishable to the final duel with O-Ren Ishii.

In general conversation it's not so rigid though. What is it that you wanted to gain from asking this question?

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

from http://www.simplyscripts.com/WR_glossary.html

i suggest you keep this site in your favorites menu... it will save you all the time it takes to ask questions like this...

i mentor aspiring screenwriters, so if you need help along the learning path, i'm only a mouse click away...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com