What is a World View?

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by Steph4136, Jul 7, 2012.

1. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

The admins are going to slap us for getting off topic, but yeah -- there are pros and cons to every stage. One thing about kids -- the younger you have them, the younger you are when they move out. So, I guess it's a choice between fun in your 20s and fun in your 40s if you want them.

When my younger son is in daycare, I'm trying to fit in all the errands I can't do when he's around, and if I can get in a workout, that's a true bonus. Then my older son is home from school. And of course, now it's summer.

As far as SOs reading -- I am so jealous of all the authors who mention in their acknowledgements their wonderful spouses who read every draft, made thoughtful suggestions and comments, and suffered along with the writer in getting the book published.

And beta readers have so many different thoughts -- I've had readers tell me I have too many swear words in my story and some who've told me I don't have enough. I'm particularly fond of one particular word that begins with 'f' which I use too much myself in real life. I've put it in my story but then taken it out, because my MC is after all, better than I am.

2. Steph4136

Steph4136 New Member

Um, okay. :rolleyes:

3. maidahl

maidahl Banned

While we're on the subject, I just ate ANTS. They were in my trail mix. Let's count and see how fast this vanishes.

hmm... I'll add something more on the menu:

World-view point is more who you are than what you are doing right now, but your character usually delineates their world-view by what they do.