What is noticed about you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pierce, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

My eyes and my smirking half-smile.

People always used to ask me if I dyed my hair blonde, since my eyebrows are dark.
    Not so. When I was little I had white-blonde hair. Kids used to call me "old man."

2. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

It used to be my Chris Waddle mullet-thing which people would look twice at, when my hair had gotten to the stage of being unmanageable. But at the moment it's probably the perpetual frown that people notice about me physically and in terms of personality the self-deprecation in every joke I make.

3. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Someone else mentioned something like this earlier...but I get compared to my mom ALOT

it's a bit riduclous really

Almost everytime I'm meeting someone with my mom I hear "Wow you look just like your mom" or "You guys look so alike" or something along those lines

even my friends have told me that.
    I don't necessarily have an issue with that because I love my mom and think she is very pretty, but it's so annoying to hear every single time.

Other then that people tend to notice the shape and color of my eyes, how good I am with little kids, my hair sometimes.....I don't know what else...

4. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

You know what's weird? My sister is 20, I'm 24, and we look exactly alike. When we're apart, people tend to mistake her as much older than she is, but people mistake me for much younger than I am. :confused:

People who go to church with my parents come in to my work sometimes, and they always know who I am because I look like my parents. Then I feel bad, because I don't know who they are...

5. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

I look like Michael McIntyre. That is the only thing anyone ever notices about me.

6. hiddennovelist

LOL, Xe...you really do.

There's a guy that works at the Blockbuster by my house who looks like you, incidentally. Every time I go there, I want to send you a message telling you that, but I always forget.

7. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

False.

8. lavendershy

lavendershy New Member

Think that's bad? I've gotten asked if I'm my mom's identical twin. Beat that.

It's almost always, admittedly, by older ladies who probably don't see so well. But still! And I don't look like her. Glasses, roughly the same color hair since she got blond streaks. Eh.

9. Nonnie

Nonnie New Member

Farmville, VA. Yep, it's not just your least favor
    No one thinks my mum and I look alike. I don't look like either of my parents. I'd swear I was adopted is I didnt look like my brothers and they didnt act like our parents ^^.

Though everyone does think that my mum and I are sisters.

10. Coldwriter

Coldwriter New Member

Some say in an idealistic bubble they cant wait to
    Blue eyes.

Had a wonderful surprise on a train last semester when a girl tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Excuse me, I don't mean to sound like a creeper or anything, I know this is random, but your eyes are so blue. I was on the phone and I told my friend, wow, this guy's eyes are insanely and beautifully blue."

Made my freaking day.

11. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

You're welcome. I'm not often all dragged out on the trains, but some days I just can't resist.

1 person likes this.
  12. lessa

lessa New Member

this may not be a big thing to you young fit people.
    But people are noticing that I have lost weight.
    well lots of weight.
    at 54 it is nice to be stopped by acquaintances and have them tell me how good I look.
    only 30 more to go so hopefully when the parkas are no longer necessary they will see a newer smaller version of me.

13. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

People notice that I'm short. In fact they feel compelled to comment on it. "Oh my god, you're so short." Thanks ever so much. I'm sure I never would have known that if you hadn't told me.

They also notice I have long hair, and simply must make the same inane sort of comments they do about my height.

14. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Be thankful you don't live where I live....

https://www.writingforums.org/blog.php?b=2508

The relevant bit is from the middle list and then to the end.

15. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Yeah. my friend gets 'You really have a red face--why?' all the time. Some people here are as over-curious as 3 yr olds...

16. hiddennovelist

That's awesome, congrats! It's nice to have people notice when you lose weight. :)

17. psychedelicangel

psychedelicangel New Member

Deleting all my posts, thanks for reading.

18. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

You're lucky, you have two inches on me, and you have boobs. I'm skinny and never graduated to a B-cup. That's why I keep my hair very long and wear only dresses or skirts and blouses, so at least people will know I'm a female, not a pre-pubescent boy.

19. MCWhite

MCWhite New Member

Ahh, my hair. Which is more embarrassing than anything, really, seeing as how I'm rocking the shaggy look, aka, the Zac Effron look. Oh, the shame, the shame... Soon it will grow past this stage and I'll be happy.

And my build, which is almost non-existent. I'm a cross-country runner, and though I eat absurd amounts, can't gain weight. "Oh, you're so skinny!"- Not the best response to evoke from a female. Come on high-cal protein shakes, do your thing!

20. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

I'm well spoken when I need to be and I'm often told I act older than I am. The joys of being a good actress I think. I don't think I act older than I am...

I'm 5ft 3, but the shortest in my class by a good 3/4 inches. so my being short is often pointed out... but to counter that, I'm all legs.

I was in Barcelona on a school trip and I was asked if i was wearing tights because my legs were tanned, so having a natural, all year long tan is also pointed out.

I often wear mad, thigh high stripy socks... they're like my trademark.

My style. I'm often described as a pink mosher or a girly mosher or a gosher (gothic mosher)

My hair. it's long and is wavy... very wavy.

I was in the chemist today and some random person came up to me and said 'You must be Kates daughter' I was like 'How do you know' Are you stalking me. It turns out he used to work with my mum. So I look like my mum.

Oh, I'm often asked if I'm my dads older sister, and all my mated fancy my dad.

I'm smart. That's another thing... sometimes I swear my friends use me for answers.

I can't think of any thing else.

21. Nonnie

Nonnie New Member

Farmville, VA. Yep, it's not just your least favor
    I was told recently that I have nice proportions, that they all match, big breasts, big hips, big butt. I guess thats better than being top heavy or something, I dunno. I've been getting a lot of compliments on my eyes lately too, which is cool I suppose.

As far as my personality goes, people often notice my honesty, and ofcourse, complete lack of tact. I guess that makes me sort of a bitch, but poeple seem to like it. I'm ferociously loyal and insanely romantic when the need rises in me and my complete disregard for people I don't like is fairly noticed. Especially by people I don't like.

Oh! and my nose, my friends love the little upward kick at the tip of my nose. Weird people.

So I suppose thats all I could think of other than what I've already put.

22. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

Of late i'd have to say it's my hair. It's grown quite long because im growing dreadlocks so people are always telling me "Your hair's so long." Really? i hadn't noticed. sometimes it gets a bit irritating to hear the same thing over and over

23. TheHedgehog

TheHedgehog Contributor Contributor

You are amazing. :D

24. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

This is a new reaction:p Thank you:cool:

25. Peerie Pict

Peerie Pict Contributor Contributor

It's funny how most of the previous posts seem fixated on the physical. When I read this thread question I thought about first thoughts people might have about my personality.

People tend to think, because of my soft voice (due to my unusual Scottish accent) I am really shy until I open my mouth. I am told time and time again, "You're actually very outgoing, I thought you were shy"

I find this strange and definitely supports the phrase 'looks can be deceiving." It makes me feel scared that I might actually give off a boring/square person vibe!

As for the physical, people have kindly and unkindly (at school) commented on my round face and tiny nose. I also get girls asking me in queues in stores what hair products I use on my long hair so its most likely the first thing people notice about me.

It's always nice to get compliments from other girls because men tend to notice more 'obvious' physical attributes and feel compelled to 'fess up which I find hilarious. Then again, I was once told by a guy that he liked my hair and thought that was strange too, so men can't really win can they. Poor sods.

Lastly, I've been told in bars and clubs I have beautiful eyes but I've never taken it seriously because it's the safe bet chat up line isn't it? Tell me, have any men here ever said that to a woman they first meet? If so, was it heartfelt or a way to safely strike up a conversation?