1. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

Fear

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PencilJockey, Nov 20, 2006.

I find it very interesting the amount of members here that have a quote in their signature relating to fear. Has anyone else noticed this?

What would you say your biggest fear was as a child?

Mine was that Frankenstein lived underneath my bed and wanted nothing more than to steal my feet and tickle them for ever and ever.

Your biggest fear as an adult?

Mine would be that my boyfriend wants to tickle my feet for ever and ever. LOL!! That actually has some small truth to it, but in all seriousness, I'd have to say I have a fear of never finding my true calling. I believe that everyone has a calling in life be it motherhood, art, accounting, etc. I just haven't found the one that feels like mine.

2. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Yeah, I was insanely afraid of the colour green, especially green faces. Even at the age of 10 I couldn't watch the Wizard of Oz without hiding behind the couch.. darn you green-faced witch and your overly-realistic skin pigment.

Oh yeah and I was afraid of shaving cream when I was 5.
    That stuff was just... wrong... wrong and freaky.

3. Laimtoe

Laimtoe New Member

I'm generally afraid of death.

4. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    As a child my biggest fear was the gremlins. They looked scary and their voices were scary too, well at least I thought they were.

My biggest fear as an adult, is anything happening to my two beautiful kids, I really would hate to lose them for any reason.

5. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Death? Really? I'm not afraid of death. In fact, I'll be disappointed if I don't die before thirty. (This isn't a depression thing, it's more of a wish to live fast and die young.)

Anywho...

When I was a kid, for some reason Jesus scared me. It's weird, I know. I was raised Christian. But I'd see stuff on TV about the crucifixion and all that, and for some reason it scared the bejeebers out of me. I was scared that he would show up in my bedroom at night, all bloody and crucifixated. Silly childhood fears.

As of now, I'm afraid of...hmmmm, I guess my biggest fear would be to not do anything important before I die. Because I want to do something really important. Like, revolutionary. I will be very disappointed in myself if I get through my life without accomplishing something worthwhile.

6. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

My only real fear I've had - and still do - is the fear of simply becoming what I hate.

7. Frost

Frost Active Member

My fear is paralysis.

8. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

What do you hate?

9. zerobytes

zerobytes New Member

When I was a kid I was terrified of The Blob! I mean - it couldn't be killed!!! Now that I'm grown up I'm terrified of losing my family and getting old (like in a nursing home old). Great post idea PencilJockey,

zb

10. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Hate. Hypocrisy. Favoritism. Suffering. Many other things. I try to hate thing action rather than the person, though.

11. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

I am scared of spiders and being alone mostly. I have a slight fear of death but it's not as bad as the other two. I'm really scared that I'll end up alone in the world with nobody to confide in, because I know that my parents won't be around forever. It's a cold hard truth that I have come to deal with, but the fear of being alone with nobody to love or cherish is still lingering.

The spiders thing...well...that's pretty self explanitory.

12. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

I am scared of spiders and being alone mostly. I have a slight fear of death but it's not as bad as the other two. I'm really scared that I'll end up alone in the world with nobody to confide in, because I know that my parents won't be around forever. It's a cold hard truth that I have come to deal with, but the fear of being alone with nobody to love or cherish is still lingering.

The spiders thing...well...that's pretty self explanitory.

13. Hellbent

Hellbent New Member

a big fat black lady running at me down a narrow pathway because I have all of her french fries and I'm back up against a wall with no way out- oh, that was my fear as child- I mean last week, now my fear is being stuck out naked in a blizzard in the mountains and- well of course I'd die but the worst part is the extreme athlete/rambo-chick/death-dealer girl that finds my dead corpse is the one I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with.

14. zerobytes

zerobytes New Member

Here here. No use in hating people when it really their actions that I despise. Well put Lpspider,

zb

15. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Fear is afraid of me.

16. Xen DarkWolfe

Xen DarkWolfe New Member

Hmph, another like me...

Fear holds no power over me, nor my actions.

17. M.Kirk

M.Kirk New Member

I never really got that sense of thinking. Sure, "you hate what they're doing" But the fact is, they chose to do it. The doing didn't force itself upon the person.

18. Felony

Felony New Member

I am afriad of being alone with no1 to love. I am very afraid of spiders...(i'm not so manly when it comes to spiders) I will get on a chair and scream like a little girl. I am mostly afraid of being alone with no1 to love...or protect me from spiders....I welcome death as i know it will come upon me before my time is actually meant to be up.

19. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca

Sorry but that's funny. But I'm scared of spiders too. If I see a spider in a room I don't go in there for at least a day after the full can offlyspray has hopefully killed it.