1. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Novel Your favorite lines

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Hulk, Mar 25, 2008.

What are the favorite lines of the novels that you are currently writing or have already written? Just post it here.

2. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Hmm...these are from my completed novel:
    1) I could gaze endlessly at the phenomenal portrait of nature. The skies were soaked with black massacre, but within its realm were sponged heavy-handed colors of navy and indigo. Stars twinkled momentarily, popping out like little beads of sweat and pulling out as if they never existed. Slowly, streams of black crawled throughout the sky, guiding it as time flew by. From above here, it seemed vehicles ran to and fro like illuminated ants and scattered moths. The exuberance was only limited to my eyes, though. Deeper into the ocean of my thoughts, were bitter venoms and rotten dreams.
    2) [a guy is talking to his sister]
    "And why do you worry no man will love you? Farah, you’re well loved! You are much loved! Not by me, not by that guy, not by any other person…but the one and only, Allah! Had Allah not loved you, would you be so lucky to have so much in life? Have you ever thought how He loved you, that we’re still alive? How can we forget all the mercy and compassion He has graced us with, the blessings He has bestowed upon us, and mingle in the unknown desires no has ever accomplished to fullest needs? How can we say that He doesn’t care, when every second is a priceless example of His love? Your true love is also in His hands. So, isn’t it wise to love Him and be thankful to Him before you search this world hi and lo for your love?"
    Then, just before leaving, he whispered:
    “Never forget…you are loved.”
    3) “You are loved,” Farah said serenely, “And I remind myself this truth every year.”
    I nod, shivering at my terrific past, then smiling at my fruitful present – and finally laughing at the brighter tomorrow which awaits.

The novel I'm writing:
    1) As the airport nears me, I wonder. Will this moment last long enough to vanish? The ennui of love is an adornment in me which shall reign my soul for years to come.
    Just done with a part of it, so yeah, that's pretty much it.

3. Hulk

Hulk Banned

I can't decide which one is my favorite line from my W-I-P (Work in Progress). However, i've never been able to forget this one: A man is explaining a plan to another man, when the latter suddenly interrupts and says,"Is there a solar eclipse going on? Because i'm completely in the dark."