1. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Sleepy Hollow

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Simpson17866, Jan 24, 2014.

I finished Season 1, and I think that more people would be watching it. Does anybody else here like it?

A very strange re-telling of Washington Irving's most famous stories (Rip van Winkle, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow) and the Book of Revelation, I got hooked on the series by the quirkiness, the whimsy, and the B-movie crazy awesomeness of a soldier and a witch from the Revolutionary war (husband and wife), a cop and criminal from modern times (sisters), and their battles against the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, armed with everything from the technology of the modern world to the religious artifacts left behind by the Founding Fathers. Harry "Polka-Powered Zombie Tyrannosaurus" Dresden would get a run for his money from the crazy demon-hunting antics pulled on this series.

I stayed hooked on the show for the very complicated character dynamics (the cop and robber sisters in particular). I saw how much the protagonists protect each other, how much they hurt each other, and it was surprisingly easy to look past the VERY creative liberties taken with the history and theology of the series.

And then I got to the Season finale. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: The most traumatizingly Joss Whedon episode of anything that I have seen on TV since Doctor Who's "The Snowmen." Don't anybody dare read about "Bad Blood" ahead of time: you will regret it, for a tragedy like that deserves to inflict itself in all of it's catastrophic glory without the viewer having any safety nets such as foreknowledge or preparation.

And anybody who would like to watch, please do so before we start seeing advertisements for Season 2, as there is no way that the fall-out from this season's cliffhanger could possibly be kept secret for very long once the trailers start. :D

2. Sonne Lore

Sonne Lore Active Member

I'm not up to the season finale yet, having not the internet to stream it with. I'm in two minds about this show though, on one hand the characters, world and lore and fabulously well done. On the other hand, almost everything else fails.